Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BedsFox

Walsall match thread..Game On!

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,,10428~1543623,00.html

LOCAL Premier League referee, Alan Wiley inspected the Banks's Stadium pitch at just before 1.00pm and deemed it as playable.

We are now awaiting the arrival of the local authorities, who will decide whether the car parks and approach roads are safe for spectators.

A team of 20-strong groundstaff are still removing covers and snow from areas of the pitch, whilst a gritter has been in operation on the car parks.

Stay logged on to www.saddlers.co.uk for further updates..

After having been warned on the telly not to leave the house, unless it's an emergency, it's quite bizarre that the authorities think it's ok for football fans to travel great distances (I'm thinking SheffYoo at Soton, and Scunneh at Southend) in what are apparently "treacherous conditions".

Can't imagine the roads being too bad for away supporters. I remember going in the most recent promotion season and it's literally just off the M6 so as long as that is in working order then no problem. Just got to hope that the local roads in Walsall and local trains for home fans are ok.

They may consider people getting home though, if it's going to freeze overnight.

You know what the authorities are like.

Come on, hurry up and make a decision local authorities, I'm trying to decide whether to leave London now as I have to pick a few people up from Leics on the way

GAME IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER plenty of hard work and determination, tonight's match against Leicester City is ON.

A team of 20-strong groundstaff have been working flat out all day to clear the covers and snow from the pitch, whilst a gritter has made the car parks and approach roads safe enough to satisfy the local authorities.

Local Premier League referee, Alan Wiley deemed the pitch playable at just before 1pm. No further pitch inspection is planned.

Supporters attending the game are advised to take extra care when making their way to the Banks's Stadium this evening.

Archived