Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Greedy agents not good for the game or the players

So because of his agent's greediness Logan will no longer be playing this season - Well done Luton it's about time clubs at all levels stood up and said fook off we're not paying anymore.

The Luton News reports that Luton Town and Leicester City had agreed a deal to keep Leicester keeper Conrad Logan at the club after his current loan ends on Feb 8th. However, what is reported as unreasonable demands by his agent had scuppered the deal and the club moved quickly to bring in Lewis Price from Derby County as a replacement.

With the Logan paperwork all completed, the club received a call from Logan's agent demanding 'a substantial amount of money'.

Director Anthony Brown said: 'We simply were not prepared to meet their demands.'

Manager Mick Harford said: 'We won't be held to ransom by anyone.'

Once again, a decision which seemed strange to supporters when it happened turns out to be another example of prudent financial management by 2020.

Logan's loan spell has been ended prematurely and he has returned to his parent club.

http://www.luton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=142268

So because of his agent's greediness Logan will no longer be playing this season - Well done Luton it's about time clubs at all levels stood up and said fook off we're not paying anymore.

http://www.luton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=142268

So we get left with a player we don't want, Luton have moved on and fatty logan gets to sit around at the training ground, I guess that if his career goes badly because of this his agent will be bailing him out :unsure:

how stupid is that,

Logan won't play for us again, unless martin get's injured

He is crap, his positional sense is dreadful (the amount of times the ball goes over his head is alarming) and I don't rate him at all.

Best for him to cut his ties and move away permanently.

He is crap, his positional sense is dreadful (the amount of times the ball goes over his head is alarming) and I don't rate him at all.

Best for him to cut his ties and move away permanently.

i never said he's good,

i don't rate him, but unless he goes out on loan again he will be on the bench next match, im sure of it,

Listening to agents when one gets a rare interview, you realise how thick most of them are and they always come across as a dodgy 2nd hand car dealer. Anyone could be an agent, just need a phone and yellow pages with all club numbers hilighted!!! I would represent myself if I were a Pro, probably earn more respect that way!! :thumbup:

I would represent myself if I were a Pro, probably earn more respect that way!! :thumbup:

Same here. I'd be happy with whatever wages I got offered. Playing football for a living would be good enough for me, no need for an agent at all.

Same here. I'd be happy with whatever wages I got offered. Playing football for a living would be good enough for me, no need for an agent at all.

If i earned thousands & thousands of pounds per week of years & years guaranteed, then if there were ball aches in my life & I could pay someone to remove them I probably would. <_<

I could become a licensed football agent in an hour! I already get professional people jobs, why not footballers? :unsure:

Yes I know agents are useful for other professions but I can't see the point of them in football. A manager already knows what players he fancies signing so I can't see why contracts can't just be sorted out by club and player with no middle man

Yes I know agents are useful for other professions but I can't see the point of them in football. A manager already knows what players he fancies signing so I can't see why contracts can't just be sorted out by club and player with no middle man

Don't be naieve, what you are saying is very sensable, however agents actually are useful to football clubs and players! They get a bad press but that is one reason why they charge as much as they do! Remembr why Muzzy did not move to Middlesborough? It was not out of loyalty, but because his agent wanted £750k for 15 minutes work & Keith Lamb threw him out of his office!

Also there are examples of George Graham, Brian Clough & Terry Venables using agents to their own interests and get money out of a club as a backhander in transfers.

It is the way in which the world turns, it is not right but it must happen in all forms of society, but football is highlighted to the public because of their interest in football.

I could become a licensed football agent in an hour! I already get professional people jobs, why not footballers? :unsure:

One three people have ever failed the exam you have to become an agent. It has questions such as "If a manager offers you a brown paper bag should you take it?"The only problem you would get is convincing a player that you want to represent them.

Is there not a 100k agent licence fee to pay ?

In fact ill see what i can find on google

You are all slating the agent but all he is doing is representing his clients interests. Logan must have known he was going to pull this.

How can it be in his interest to end up not playing and getting a reputation as a money grabbing, sooner not play type of footballer. Any manager worth his salt and representing his club in an honest manner would ignore players of this ilk with agents who put themselves before the future of their players.

Archived