Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bobby smith

david buchanan 1979

hi can anyone give me details of young dave buchanan a geordie who played for us

his career stats clubs etc

No but I remember watching him play sunday league. He scored 80+ goals one season. Everyone thought that it would be him and not Lineker that made it.

• 3 years later...

I remember Dave Buchanan, Andy Peake and Gary Lineker all coming into the young team that Jock Wallace put together. Of the three, it was definitely Lineker who made least impact - Buchanan and Peake were the young stars. But, I do have a memory of Lineker scoring a goal (was it maybe his first?) in an away game at Notts County. I was standing behind the goal where he scored and for some reason I can still recall his smling face as the other players congratulated him.

I played against him under 18, seem to remember he played for Loughborough Dynamo or Tech-didn't seem that special and not long after remember dennis law in the news of the world saying he reminded him of himself when he was young, didn't seem that special to me if i remember but then again it could all have been a dream!

That Jock Wallace side was the first Leicester team I watched - happy memories generally

Our most charismatic manager in my opinion. Couldn't believe he would swap treble winners Rangers for us. I knew about Jock Stein, but had to check my Panini football sticker album to check to see who he was when Radio Leicester confirmed he had been appointed.

Archived