Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluebeau

Nigel Pearson....will he stay?

I have a horrible feeling if Mowbray is sacked he will go to West Brom even if they are relegated :ph34r:

Link

Peace added: "Although Nigel never put himself forward as a candidate for the vacant manager's position, the way he has handled the situation, and the results he has gained, I am sure will have done no harm to his future career prospects."

Pearson guided the Baggies to three victories and one draw in his four-match stint in charge including Saturday's 5-1 win at Ipswich and a 4-2 triumph against Leeds.

This was just before Mowbray was appointed. Surely if he wanted the job then he would have applied for it at the time. However, circumstances change, but I'd be surprised if he was approached for the job - in fact I'd be surprised if Mowbray was sacked even if they are relegated.

Even the team finishing bottom of the table will land a £26.8m windfall - which is only marginally less than the £30.4m Chelsea received for winning last season's title.

I hate to break this to you but Chelsea didnt win the League last season, United did.

I don't think Pearson will leave City until he is forced to leave, thats what I think anyway. Especially with us looking like we will certainly be playing Championship football next season. Championship football will be a big step up though for Pearson and he will have to prove to everyone early I think that he is cut out for life with Leicester City in the Championship.

I dont think any of the Premier League teams will come sniffing for Pearson.

I hate to break this to you but Chelsea didnt win the League last season, United did.

I don't think Pearson will leave City until he is forced to leave, thats what I think anyway. Especially with us looking like we will certainly be playing Championship football next season. Championship football will be a big step up though for Pearson and he will have to prove to everyone early I think that he is cut out for life with Leicester City in the Championship.

I dont think any of the Premier League teams will come sniffing for Pearson.

I hate to break this to you but that line was copied and pasted from one of the articles, a 2 year old article, i didn't write that myself you tool in the present time so to speak.

When that article was written Chelsea did win the title the previous season.

Dont just attack my post without reading it properly first lol

:doh:

A lot of the smaller Prem clubs have been put off "up and coming managers" by the records that Ice, Adams and recently Southgate have had. Pompey, Fulham and Blackburn have all gone for experienced names to help them stay up.

Two things would make him unlikely to go to West Brom. First, they never release funds for managers. Megson left because of it and Mowbray has always said he has to go largely with what he's got. Second, replacing Mowbray with Pearson is pointless. Both are like-minded in terms of how they play the game and approach it and have similar playing backgrounds. West Brom would be no better off sacking one for the other.

If the Boro job came up, the likes of Pardew and Curbishley - not to mention another ex-player in Paul Ince would probably be ahead of NP in the queue.

Hopefully Milan's chequebook stretches to keeping our manager happy too.

I hate to break this to you but that line was copied and pasted from one of the articles, a 2 year old article, i didn't write that myself you tool in the present time so to speak.

When that article was written Chelsea did win the title the previous season.

Dont just attack my post without reading it properly first lol

:doh:

Well if you had put that drivel you copy and pasted as if it was a quotation then it wouldnt look like you had written it, saying that I should of realised it would be abit difficult for someone like you to write a full sentence like that.

And sorry I dont look at the dates of articles.

It looks a virtual certainty that city will get auto promotion to The Championship, but the BIG question is, can MM hold on to Nigel Pearson?

He has done such a fantastic job for city that he is bound to be well in demand by other clubs.

Can't help but be concerned because it has happened so many times at city. We find ourselves a great manager & then along comes some other club & poach our guy & his staff.

Hope NP sees the potential at LCFC.

Apparently is newcastle go down he will be favourite to take the job

Apparently is newcastle go down he will be favourite to take the job

Really?

Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire if he did. We all know our club has been a bit of a farce over the last year or so but Newcastle is a much bigger version of our farce IMO.

Just can't see it myself but maybe that's just me

It looks a virtual certainty that city will get auto promotion to The Championship, but the BIG question is, can MM hold on to Nigel Pearson?

He has done such a fantastic job for city that he is bound to be well in demand by other clubs.

Can't help but be concerned because it has happened so many times at city. We find ourselves a great manager & then along comes some other club & poach our guy & his staff.

Hope NP sees the potential at LCFC.

He's proved himself in this league.

But whether he can cut it at a higher level remains to be seen. There are many examples, as we know only too well, of successful lower-league bosses failing miserably in the top flight.

Pearson knows that if (when?) we win the League 1 title, he still has a lot to prove at the Way. I think he'd want to see the job through here, whatever the eventual outcome.

Boro are the only side who might tempt him, but even that scenario would only arise once they were relegated, so it would be a sideways move for him at best.

I think Pearson will be fairly happy with what he has done and will be looking forward to a crack at the Championship with a settled side (granted with a few additions due to the loanee situation), at a club where he knows whats what.

I'm sure he knows more than anyone that taking on a toubled club could potentially be the kiss of death to his career. Ok so i know he did with us, but he was out of work then.

Added to that i think he is a man of integrity (at least i hope he is), and would honour his commitment to club at least a while longer. I would imagine he will do an 'O'Neil ' in a few years and leave the club at the end of a season after taking us as far as he thinks he can.

Or he'll fail terribly next season and get sacked, but i doubt it.

Personally, i don't see why he'd want to leave for another championship team, unless tottenham or newcastle or someone along them lines got relegated which is unlikely!

He's building a team and if he signs the loanees like hobbs and martin and hang on to players like fryatt and oakley, he could build a cement in the team, with a few more creative and consistent players leicester could give anyone a good game in the champ! Plus we've got a few decent players in the academy which is always good to have!

Back to back promotions i say :thumbup:

LCFC :chant:

Archived