Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Spare a thought

http://www.omrlp.com  :thumbup:

103277[/snapback]

I've not read my local candidate's (Jedediah Caleb Bartimaeus Headbanger Sausage Supremo) personal pledges yet, so I'll reserve judgement. ;) Having said this, UKIP are my constituency's 3rd party, so perhaps the lunatics are closer to running the asylum than we think?

http://www.omrlp.com  :thumbup:

103277[/snapback]

I've not read my local candidate's (Jedediah Caleb Bartimaeus Headbanger Sausage Supremo) personal pledges yet, so I'll reserve judgement. ;) Having said this, UKIP are my constituency's 3rd party, so perhaps the lunatics are closer to running the asylum than we think?

103286[/snapback]

Aren't they already? :huh::rolleyes::unsure:

I would just like to say - vote you mother fúckers

For whoever you feel you would like.

As long as it's not Howard or the BNP.

Or Blair.

Or Kilroy.

;)

103275[/snapback]

not leaving yourself many options there cobbo! bit of a liberal are we?

no but seriously good point get out there and vote people!

Or Blair.

Or Kilroy.

;)

103275[/snapback]

103297[/snapback]

Approximately how big a percentage of the English/UK population vote at these elections?

The main thing is to vote, don't worry about making an informed decision after looking into the effect that each candidate would have on your constituency or the long-term vision that each party has for the country. This country is a liberal democracy primarily so that any layabout can watch the Prime Minister on the news for thirty seconds once every six months and decide that they don't like him.

Or Blair.

Or Kilroy.

;)

103275[/snapback]

103297[/snapback]

Approximately how big a percentage of the English/UK population vote at these elections?

103311[/snapback]

About 58% in 2001! :thumbup:

I'm afraid despite the war, I'd still have him [Tony] over him:

72.jpeg

103273[/snapback]

I'm working on the basis that all politicians lie and can't be trusted, so I'm not even considering the war when voting.

In the past I have been in no doubt who to vote for, but this time round, Im finding it difficult. I have lost total faith in the Politians of this country and im not the only one :(

I will vote though of course, just dont know who yet!

Right I pay tax, i'm english yet because of my age (17) I ain't allowed "my say" some of my mates are 18 but there tax dodging students unlike me...The goverment are taking my money thats ok but when its people descisions to see who they want to run the country - when its people descisions to see who they want to take your money I can't have my say?!?!?

-Bit fuked up ain't it? :huh::mad:

Right I pay tax, i'm english yet because of my age (17) I ain't allowed "my say" some of my mates are 18 but there tax dodging students unlike me...The goverment are taking my money thats ok but when its people descisions to see who they want to run the country - when its people descisions to see who they want to take your money I can't have my say?!?!?

103611[/snapback]

i've often thought under 18's should pay no tax at all, due to being unable to vote

103611[/snapback]

well people should have their say whether they are students are not just becaqsue the don't pay tax doesn't mean they shoudn't vote. however i fundamentally agree with you that people should be able to vote once they reach 16 if you're old enough to decide you want to die a slow and painful death by smoking you're old enough to have a say in how the country is run in my opinion.

I disagree with lowering the voting age; for every 16 year old who is aware enough to make an informed choice on how this country is run, there will be 10 others who aren't capable of choosing what to wear let alone make an important decision like this!

Having said that, there were enough people over 30 at the polling station last night who didn't seem capable either!!

103611[/snapback]

Thanks to Blair, I can assure you, we students will be paying for our education for many years to come, so i wouldnt worry too much about that. (i pay about £500 a year at the moment in interest.) If i wanted to do the exactly the same course starting next academic year my total student loan would be around 32k, so around £1000 interest, all thank to top-up fees, dont worry about your taxes, we students will be fooked over just like everyone else.

Wooo Blair, :mad::mad::mad:

I disagree with lowering the voting age; for every 16 year old who is aware enough to make an informed choice on how this country is run, there will be 10 others who aren't capable of choosing what to wear let alone make an important decision like this!

Having said that, there were enough people over 30 at the polling station last night who didn't seem capable either!!

103786[/snapback]

Yeah but this is the thing I don't quite understand apparently when your over 18 your an adult your just because your a year older does it mean your not stupid anymore? Does it mean your whole attitude and views change?

For example at work I ain't allowed to use macheinery till i'm 18...why? When i'm 18 does it mean i'm gonna change? become all mature? will it stop me from cutting my finger off? Ok voting isn't the same and using machienry at work but its the same point i'm trying to make!

103786[/snapback]

Yeah but this is the thing I don't quite understand apparently when your over 18 your an adult your just because your a year older does it mean your not stupid anymore? Does it mean your whole attitude and views change?

For example at work I ain't allowed to use macheinery till i'm 18...why? When i'm 18 does it mean i'm gonna change? become all mature? will it stop me from cutting my finger off? Ok voting isn't the same and using machienry at work but its the same point i'm trying to make!

104051[/snapback]

I know what you mean, but there has to be an age where legally people are considered adults. The fact that some people below that age are mature for their age, whilst supposed adults behave like kids is irrelevant. If everyone was assessed to be considered an adult, it would take forever.

Just be thankful it's now 18, it used to be 21!!

103786[/snapback]

104051[/snapback]

I know what you mean, but there has to be an age where legally people are considered adults. The fact that some people below that age are mature for their age, whilst supposed adults behave like kids is irrelevant. If everyone was assessed to be considered an adult, it would take forever.

Just be thankful it's now 18, it used to be 21!!

104054[/snapback]

True, besides i'm 18 in a just over a month anyway...

-Still have to pay Adult prices at things such as Alton Towers, Drayton Manor...tourist attractions, e.t.c though :mad::mad::mad:

They rate you on being an adult when your over 16 on them things don't they :mad:

Archived