Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello.

I'm Jim. Stand-up comedian, radio presenter, lifelong City fan. Had a season ticket for 20 years, last season was the first without one because work rather got in the way.

I used to present a show on Saturdays on BBC Radio Leicester, so was lucky enough to interview most of the 97 League Cup winning team and get paid for it.  I wanted to do Birch's run when I worked there (like Stringer does) but I was working in Singapore on the day of it, so he let me do it at halftime during the 4-0 (I think) win over Watford. So I might have waved to you a bit.  I've done the halftime lottery draw, and nearly lost my sh*t doing so because it was AWESOME being on the pitch.

I've done Fighting Talk on Radio 5 Live a few times, each time getting death threats on Twitter for insulting Forest, and losing points from Colin Murray because I mention my love of City too much.

Was born at the General, grew up in Hinckley.  I live in North Wales now and am writing a book about watching games wherever I am in the country every saturday next season (publisher has banned me from watching City for obvious reasons).  I like the new kit.  I cannot believe I never registered here before, and am doing now because I want to sell my old Filbert Street map.

I'm on Twitter here and have a website here.

Ta!

This has to be the same Mr Smallman I went to 6th form with then! S'funny, me and Scott were reminiscing on Facebook the other day about our endless free periods spent playing International Superstar Soccer round your house, and how it would stand up to console football games today!

I think I forgot to post on here when I registered last year, I'm Paul, Press Officer at Leamington, no real connection with Leicester City other than having been to several games home and away with Mr Smallman, above, in the 90's. Oh, and living in Leicestershire for most of my life, I suppose is a tenuous link! I registered to read the reaction to you signing Jacob Blyth last year, and returned to berate one of our supporters who said he would be back with us by now, but as we are playing you tonight I hope I've provided some helpful information.  :)

Edited by BrakesPress

Greetings! Long, long, long time lurker! My Grandad was a City Fan, my Dad is a City Fan, obviously I'm a City Fan and my Boy is a City Fan. All suckers for punishment! Season ticket holder and try to get to a few away games. Think that Pearson needs to roll the dice sometimes during games that are not going our way. We think we could manage the team but in reality we couldn't!!

I've been meaning to register for a while, but never quite knew how to break the ice. I've taken a little inspiration from Nightguard who seems to have now disappeared and decided to do it via the (glorious) medium of poetry.

From a long time lurker,

A humble shoe shop worker,

A post count of course of zero,

Emerged a posting hero,

A man to talk of this'n'that,

With Moosey-B or Jon the Hat,

Let's talk of heroes; the blues,

And perhaps I can tempt you with some shoes?

Seriously, whilst I work in a shoe shop, I'm not here to sell shoes. It's a job rather than a vocation, you know? A means to an end, not the end itself. Sometimes it feels like the end.. the bitter, bitter end. Espadrilles? Aren't you on trend sir? Etc. Endlessly. That joke about there only being one shoe and is the price for just one or the pair? Yeah? You know it? You've told it? Eff you.

I know I've sort of talked too much about shoes, I was going to use my footballing nickname but it seems 'Steve' is already taken?

Guest Dom10

Hi everyone!

I'm a young supporter from Surrey & have been a fan of City since August 2012, I also support my local non-league team Farnborough FC of the Conference South, but I do tune into BBC Leicester or Foxes Player for Live Commentary of City fixtures when possible. Favourite player is the tricky French wizard Knockaert!!

I haven't been to a City game yet but I'm hoping to attend the Leeds Utd fixture at the KP on 11th Aug! Really looking forwards to the upcoming season & I really do hope that this time next year we will be preparing for the PL (as well as beating AS Monaco along the way of course)! 

Dom  :)

Edited by Dom10

Hi everyone!

I'm a young supporter from Surrey & have been a fan of City since August 2012, I also support my local non-league team Farnborough FC of the Conference South, but I do tune into BBC Leicester or Foxes Player for Live Commentary of City fixtures when possible. Favourite player is the tricky French wizard Knockaert!!

I haven't been to a City game yet but I'm hoping to attend the Leeds Utd fixture at the KP on 11th Aug! Really looking forwards to the upcoming season & I really do hope that this time next year we will be preparing for the PL (as well as beating AS Monaco along the way of course)!

Dom :)

Do you know Ben 10?

Guest CityFan 06

Hi, im Alex from Leicestershire. I have been a supporter of leicester city since i was about 4-5 years old. my first ever game was against Southampton at King Power Stadium, we won 3-2 in 2005 i think it was. Im also a season ticket holder (sk1) and away day regular.

Really looking forward to the season and i hope we can get promoted to PL aswell. this coming season, i will be filming lcfc home and away and might even post those videos on YouTube!
Finally im on twitter - @AlexWaterfield3.

Hey Guys!  I'm a local lad who's supported City since birth. 

Two LCFC related facts about me:

Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton once gave my uncle a lift back home and had a cuppa with me Nan.
I played cricket against Emile Heskey and his dad about 3 years ago. 

Mainly here because my friends are all glory hunting fools and I need some people with the same passion for the club to communicate with. 

Peace 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, new to all this but here it goes.

Born in Leicester and supported the foxes all my life, now live in Newcastle Upon Tyne but try and get to see my beloved team as much as possible.

Looking forward to the new season. Come on you foxes!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Rushden fox exiled to essex at the mo,finally registered to have a say. Been a fox for 20 odd years. All time favourite player..Julian Joachim best game ever..foxes 3 arsenal 3...worst game Wycombe in quatrefoil final FA cup..best manager....m o'neil...first game....spurs 3 foxes 2.. Bloody Stevee Archibald

Hi all

New comer to the forum! Been following Foxestalk for the past 3 seasons, thought it was time I jumped in, Season ticket holder for also 3 years sitting in N1. Been a blue since a young nipper, through my school years all the money I had went on watching the City!

Come On You Blues!

Jack

Edited by Jeffery93