Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Been lurking for a year or so but finally decided to register. I'm currently living in Toronto, Canada but born in Ottawa. Grandparents are born and raised in Leicester so I became interested in the squad when we did a family trip over there a couple of years back. Didn't follow too closely other than checking the tables until last season when I started to regain my love for the game after being burnt out from playing so much as a youth.

Proud supporter of the struggling Toronto FC here but trying to catch Leicester City matches as often as possible and following the team quite closely this season. Unfortunately tough to catch Championship football on tv here but do enjoy tuning getting up early on the weekends to find something online.

Cheers

Hello everyone! Have been on here before but not for a while. Mad city fan since first game in 1980. Now live in Birmingham and go to a few games each year. Do follow this forum especially in the transfer window. Thanks for everyone's input in making it an entertaining read and helping to pass the time on boring times at work.

Hi

Followed city for over 25 years. Now taking my 4 year old lad down as a form of punishment!!!

Fond memories of the o'Neill years and all the wembley play off league cup finals.

First memory of following the blues was being dumped on the front wall of the main stand at filbert street by my dad and getting mars bars from Brian Hamilton before the games

Been reading the forum for years, It made me sad the other day reading the saints fans on their forum talk about Dean Hammond so positively not one of them slagged him off. Regardless of the player that would never happen on this board too many negative people who look for the bad in any situation so thought instead of feeling bad I would try and readdress the balance and contribute a bit.  

• Like 1

i love this footy team, just gotta learn the chants.... everyone should get involved though, Filbert street was the loudest stadium in the premiership, lets get that back... also, what is the chant that goes like .... "........leicester, oooooooh, oooooohhhhhhhh, wooooohhhhhhh, oooooooh"

Hi all

Germany calling, germany calling....foxes fan since 1960

35 years globetrotting then settling down in Deutschland(24 years)

Borussia dortmund fan for many a year,

But ex Rugby player, connections with Tigers & S.Leicester...also big Tigers fan

Best memories...players under Gillies,..Bloomfield, Wellers hatrick against Liverpool,

Shiltons display againt W.ham at upton park....& city triangle of lineker, Smith, Lynex.

Then usually from afar the great O'niel years....Hoping now we begin the history

Of Pearsons years

Blackburn fan coming in peace here, hoping that a few forum members might be able to help me out.  Ahead of the game next Tuesday I’m just doing a quick pre-match analysis. I’ve done my research on a very interesting LCFC History, going all the way back to Leicester Fosse, through to administration and present day.  Thoroughly enjoyed it actually, and amazing to see what the club went through in the early Mandaric days.  Six managers in one year culminating in Holloway and relegation!  I have a new found respect for Leicester fans, having never really studied your history before!

We’ve also shared an amazing amount of footballers, particularly since 1989 or so.  List below for anyone interested.

Mike Newell, David Speedie, Keith Gillepie, Paul Dickov, Paul Gallagher, Ben Marshall, DJ Campbell, , Jason Wilcox, Tim Flowers, Robbie Savage, Bruno Berner, Paul Gallagher, Alan Birchenall, Neill Danns, Billy Mckinlay, Marcus Bent, Craig Hignett, John Curtis, Nathan Blake, Callum Davidson, Nils Eric Johansson, Yakubu, Simon Grayson, Steve Agnew.

Anyway, I seek if possible a behind enemy lines view as it were.  If anyone would fancy answering the following questions I’d be really grateful.  The info will be only shown in a new thread on www.brfcs.com.   Questions below, cheers!

1)      Leicester have had a very challenging last decade or so including administration, relegation to league one, and play-off heartbreak in the Championship.  How do you view the current stability at the club regarding owners and management (particularly Nigel Pearson)? Does the club now appear to be moving forward?

2)      What were your pre-season expectations for the side and how do you feel the side have performed in the opening five games?

3)      Obviously one game sticks in the memory for most Rovers fans when we think about past Leicester matches. Do you have any vivid memories of past clashes between Leicester and Blackburn?

4)      Which members of the Leicester side should we be watching out for on Tuesday night?

5)      Having recently signed Ben Marshall, Blackburn fans are eager to see how he performs at Ewood.  How do you rate him and do you feel Leicester got a good deal in £1m.

6)      Give us your prediction for Tuesday.  

Hi,

I've posted a couple of things on the Blackburn game, but I'm new here today. Good to be here. After going to a few games over the last couple of season I decided to get a seaon ticket this time. No regrets about that so far, great start to the season, and the team are really starting to gell and play some good stuff. I'm in the West Stand, in the corner near to the family 'enclosure'.

My very first City match was against Cagliari back in the early 70s, in an Anglo-Italian competition. I was in my mid-teens then. 54 now.

been lurking around for a year or two - finally posted today. Never really bothered too much about the City when I lived there (born in Leicester and lived there till 18) pay much more attention now!!

Actually we play in blue  :) Or are you a bus spotter or summat?

welcome all anyway  :scarf:

• 2 weeks later...

Been lurking for a few years.

Born in Leicester, lived all over the place -  use to live in Elm street before it was knocked down -

My heart is Leicester, my team is Leicester.

Been living in Swansea for ten years, quite a few people from Leicester live down here.

All my mates are "Jacks" Swansea fans, they love Leicester too, and we all hate the "Scum" Cardiff.

Been a Fox for 42 years now and seen plenty of good and bad times. Best game ever was stood in the double decker watching an array of City keepers as we beat Shrewsbury in the cup. Lived in St Albans most of my life but give my dad his due even as a die hard Baggies fan he always drove me up the M1 on a reg basis to watch the, at timrs, not so mighty Foxes. Just started this year taking my 5 year old daughter on the same journey i did as a kid

Been following these forums for a few years, finally taking the plunge.

Been a city fan since i was a kid.

Leicester is my true home but I've been living away for almost 7 years. Currently up in Teesside (and yes, I quietly enjoyed our first game of the season, especially all the banter i got at work the next day from all the boro' fans in the office).

Hoping to move back to Leicester in the next few years though so I can finally get a season ticket.

Edited by PappaDom

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me what is the latest time I can get into the ground for tomorrow's game. I'm a season ticket holder but am arriving back from holiday at some point after kickoff.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that you can get into the ground up until half-time.