Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Leicester born 1965, frequented Filbert St in the 80´s. Most memorable game FA Cup Shrewsbury Town FA Cup 5th round 1982 in the East Stand - Kop sold out ! (that´s why I love Youn9y). Most unmemorable game Newcaslte away Div 2 1982 4 people in away stand, I was one of them. Lived in Brazil 22 years, support Palmeiras Sao Paulo. Went to Real Madrid game with my son. Looking forward to the world cup England will play in my second City - São Paulo. Cheers @veezeeblue #bluearmybrazil

Hi All, lifelong City fan, born & bred in the town many many moons ago, joined the Army in '84 from the AFCO on Charles St., did my 22 years, now settled outside of Cambridge with all the posh knobs & no decent football anywhere. Active Referee at County level (L5 for those that know), just waiting to be promoted to Supply League Ref/Contrib Lino so may get nearer to home if I get allocated to the UCL.

Saw my Grey cousin on Saturday steal all the limelight. He's even influenced the away shirt...ridiculous

That takes the biscuit or the nut!

I've been driven me north - I used to live in the trees around Coalville Grammar School - anyone remember me?

So I've come on here to show my support of LCFC and to make it clear we Red Squirrels follow the Foxes

Joined today, long time lurker.

First game aged 8, a dour cold 09 February 1974 one nil loss to West Ham

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper Peter Shilton
Right back Steve Whitworth
Central defender Malcolm Munro
Central defender Graham Cross
Left back Dennis Rofe
Midfielder Jon Sammels
Midfielder Keith Weller
Midfielder Alan Birchenall
Forward Steve Earle
Left Winger Len Glover

Un-beknown to me aged 8 I was watching a special team with some amazing club legends! In fact to a man! Why do we never get any of these guys (except Birch) (and Weller for obvious reasons) back at the club for half time chat or whatever? I wish I'd took more of that day in that I did now knowing what stars those guys were for Leicester.

But it wasn't until Brian Little became manager I went along to every game.

Used to stand almost behind the managers dug-out, drinking boiling hot tea from fast melting plastic cups. Miss the banter and atmosphere of standing. Miss Filbert Street.

When it became all seated sat in similiar spot behind O'Neils dug-out.

Now in family stand with my youngest son.

Most memorable game - 5-0 play off win against Cambridge Utd. A magical night when the singing continued all the way out the ground, car horns blarring and town buzzing.

Most memorable times - O'Neils tenure. Not every game was exciting, but the last minute charges up the leagues, the play off finals, the trips to Wembley, the cups... Where did it all go wrong .....Peter Taylor???? OMG

Too many favourite players from different periods to mention.

• Like 2

Joined today, long time lurker.

First game aged 8, a dour cold 09 February 1974 one nil loss to West Ham

Starting lineup:

Goalkeeper Peter Shilton

Right back Steve Whitworth

Central defender Malcolm Munro

Central defender Graham Cross

Left back Dennis Rofe

Midfielder Jon Sammels

Midfielder Keith Weller

Midfielder Alan Birchenall

Forward Steve Earle

Forward Frank Worthington

Left Winger Len Glover

Un-beknown to me aged 8 I was watching a special team with some amazing club legends! In fact to a man! Why do we never get any of these guys (except Birch) (and Weller for obvious reasons) back at the club for half time chat or whatever? I wish I'd took more of that day in that I did now knowing what stars those guys were for Leicester.

But it wasn't until Brian Little became manager I went along to every game.

Used to stand almost behind the managers dug-out, drinking boiling hot tea from fast melting plastic cups. Miss the banter and atmosphere of standing. Miss Filbert Street.

When it became all seated sat in similiar spot behind O'Neils dug-out.

Now in family stand with my youngest son.

Most memorable game - 5-0 play off win against Cambridge Utd. A magical night when the singing continued all the way out the ground, car horns blarring and town buzzing.

Most memorable times - O'Neils tenure. Not every game was exciting, but the last minute charges up the leagues, the play off finals, the trips to Wembley, the cups... Where did it all go wrong .....Peter Taylor???? OMG

Too many favourite players from different periods to mention.

Welcome. Would you believe I made my debut at the same West Ham game? Clyde Best right?

Hello everyone,

Been reading the comments for a while now (mainly because you can tell what's going on in live matches from the forums 5 mins before BBC and Sky...) and thought its about time I joined...

Originally from Northern Ireland and supported Leicester since about '96/'97 during the O'Neill/Lennon/Muzzy/Taggart era mainly influenced by the Norther Irish contingent...

First  Leicester match in 2001 in a scrappy 1-0 win against Portadown in Northern Ireland, first competitive game was 2-0 win v Boro in 2010.

Moved over to London at the start of last year which gave me a chance to see a handful of games, including the 1-0 win v QPR sat with the home fans. Containing your emotions when you score is tough!!

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Hi, I've been looking on this site for some time without being a member so I thought I'd take the plunge and join. Soon after I moved to the city in 1980, I saw my first game, a 1-0 home defeat to Oldham, which dropped us from top spot to fourth place in the old Second Division. But soon after, we went on an end-of-season run that included only one defeat in 11 games, ultimately winning the championship - and I've been supporting the lads ever since. Probably, I'm one of the older members on here and have seen lots of highs and lows, but am really enjoying the current times. COYB!

It's about time I signed up to this forum so I can voice my opinions loudly!

Leicester fan since O'neil era, 21, live in Stoke sometimes (shit hole), Leicester rest of the year.

I'm a huge Boston Red Sox fan and watch pretty much every game online - in Stoke when I can't get to the LCFC games.

Current favourite city player = Andy King, the true blue.