Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi all. My names Adam. Moved to Leicester as a small child when Brian Little was in charge. Moved away from Leicester to Great Yarmouth in 95 but continued to follow city and have supported the foxes ever since.

Best city memory has to be 95/96 play off final.. Steve Claridge banging one in the dying seconds socks down 'n all to send us back into the prem.

Been on here a few weeks now just having a moouch about. Felt it was time to say Hi!

• Actually, not a fan, but went to the trouble of registering to offer my sympathies on tonight's game and to perhaps give you the benefit of a neutral's view. A disappointing first half was more than redeemed by a spirited second half performance. Having watched the game on the tv and warming to the LCFC effort to get back into the game I am once again appalled at a most ridiculous refereeing decision to not award a blatant penalty, which, if converted, would have given such a boost to the home side, given they were well on top by that stage. While you still have a mathematical squeak at the playoffs it doesn't look likely. I'm not in favour of the playoff system, though I know it extends interest in the season for fans, but still you can consider yourselves very hard done by. My only criticism would be of the manager's motivation of the side, particularly in the first half and with so much at stake. Best of luck next season - icemanmwk (Ireland)

Hi one and all, I'm Jonty, a City fan origionally from Lutterworth, who has now served 35 years of a life sentence - my first game was at home 2-2 draw against Norwich in March 1978. City in the Admiral kit with the white shoulder stripes is where it all began for me; I can still remember Steve Whitworth's red hair and Jeff Blockley's moustache all these years later! My favourite game was the defeat of champions Everton 3-1 on the opening day of the 1985-86 season (Mark Bright outshines Gary Lineker);I thought I'd seen the new champions of England that day, which is excuseable as I was only 15 at the time. The 5-0 defeat away at Oxford United the following Saturday was the first of many reality checks. The real Leicester City can, on any given day, beat the best teams in the land. Nigel Pearson's current side could never do that. The Leicester City sides of Jock Wallace, Gordon Milne and Martin O'Neill could. That's all I want; to want more would be greedy! Where is the Messiah who will bring those days back?

Hello,

I'm SydenhamFox. My nearest ground is Selhurst Park, but you can't take the Leicester out of the boy...

My first game was actually our centenary game; Leicester v Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen. It was 1:1 We were losing and we stuck some young boy on called Gary Lineker who grabbed the equaliser.

My other strong memory from that game is being sheltered by my dad in a bus shelter near Leicester prison from all the street fighting between the fans after the game!

Best memories were at Filbert Street. Is it just nostalgia playing tricks? Or was being that close to the pitch just great?

Hello! Sorry for my bad English - I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine :)

My name is Taras. My extended family lived in Oadby and after the collapse of the Soviet Union came to visit us. At the time, they implanted me like for Foxes. Although I am a member of Dynamo Kyiv's Ultras, but in Europe I support Leicester City :blush:

Hello,

I am a foxile in Japan hence the name 'Japanfox'. I've being watching city since the 80's, with many not so fond memories of the managers we had at the time. The 90's and early 2000's were great times to be a City supporter. Then I came to Japan where I have been since. So my fix on Leicester has to come from the media. So I much appreciate all your feedback and reports of the games.

Cheers

Hi all, I have been lerking for a while and decided it was about time i joined in.

My Dad took me to my first game in the East stand at FS when I was about 5 or 6 back in the mid 70's.

I now take my kids and am pleased to say they are both foxes fans now, rather than Prem clubs like their freinds.

See you all around on FT :wave:

Hi I've been stalking this forum for some time now , finally decided to join in the banter. Couldn't think of a more perfect time to join ! Today is what being a city fan is all about taking the highs with the lows ..... Faith restored ! ( f*%k you forest ) Woody

I've been lurking around here all season. My greatest memories are of the MON years while I was growing up! I took a break from football through my teens and I'm now back on board, I went to my first game this season for my birthday (be kind!), we lost against Charlton. Can't wait to get to more games next season.

Edited by Zara19

I've been lurking around here all season. My greatest memories are of the MON years while I was growing up! I took a break from football through my teens and I'm now back on board, I went to my first game this season for my birthday (be kind!), we lost against Charlton. Can't wait to get to more games next season.

Welcome :)

Im one of these annoying types that supports a Prem club despite not being from there but see my hometown club City as my 2nd club (yeah im sorry, shoot me)

But regardless Id like to see the Foxes back in the Premier League, would be great for the club and city :)

And the banter on here isn't bad :ph34r:

Hello all, I've been lurking for a while now mainly on twitter.

I started late with City, probably as I didn't have any major influence when I was a child. My dad had followed them home and away before I was born but his heart was still with his home town teams (a Wednesday supporter, but as a kid his uncle took him to see United).  

I remember being into Ipswich and then Liverpool, I expect that this was due to the TV coverage at the time. It wasn't until I was about 18 that my mate from college took me down to see the City for my first game. It was against Swindon and we won 3-1 the only player I can remember from that day was Glen Hoddle. I do remember standing in pen 3 thinking why I hadn't ever been there before. 

A stroke of luck saw me going out with a girl who worked in the ticket office and a free season ticket (I'm married to her now but unfortunately she no longer works there). 

Iv'e not been to many games over the last few years due to work and other interests, but still follow through the media. Managed to go to the Bolton game which seems to have reignited the urge to get to more games. That and my wife's dad trying to get my 5 year old daughter to support Liverpool. Lets hope her first game is in the Premier League.

Anyway back to lurking.