Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello. Long time fan. Born in Leicester so never even thought of supporting any other team. I live in France now.

Needed more than the limited discussion available on Guardian comments so moved over to here. 

Hello. I've been following MLS here in NC for the past 3 years while following Leicester in and out since last season. Now that I've been following them for some time I now Know that theres no other club i'd rather support than Leicester (besides Portland)

Hi everyone !

We've started a new supporters group called Foxes Pride which is aimed at helping LGBT fans support LCFC and vice-versa, as well as helping to break down the barriers in our beloved game. The group is open to anyone to join and combines supporting LCFC whilst promoting a safe environment for those in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community to enjoy football.

We have a twitter account and Facebook page (see my profile) and are setting up a web page. We'll be marching at Leicester Pride this weekend, Saturday 5th September, and we will also have a stall on Victoria Park, so if you're around come say hi, you may even get a chance to have a photo with Filbert !

• Like 1

Hello !

I Run 100%LCFC which offers Leicester City fans video shows, podcast etc and we are looking to "go Pro" if we can... so I am trying to raise the profile of what we do !

We already have Alan Young onboard as well as radio host John Sinclair and Owynn Palmer-Atkin, so if anybody can help us along the way it would be great !

Cheers

Phil

100%LCFC Editor

Hello fellow City lunatics.

I saw my first game on Easter Monday 1954 when I was 8 years old, coming up to 9. It was a crunch 2nd Division promotion match against Blackburn, who had beaten us 3 - 1 at their place on Good Friday and yes, we'd both played on the Saturday in between as well.

Even a game like that it wasn't all-ticket and, although our season-ticket holding neighbours got us there an hour and more before the kick-off, it looked as if Dad and I might get shut out. Fortunately, someone told us there was still room on the Popular Side and so we found ourselves on the terraces right up by the corner flag, by the angle with the Kop.

Dad stayed up at the back (he was 6ft 2) and told me to get down to the front and he'd come and get me after the match. I wasn't quite passed over men's shoulders but everyone made way for me and ushered me right down to the wall which separated the terraces from the running track. A bunch of other kids were already there and one of them, probably 12 or 13 years old, looked down at me, realised I was a bit scared and said "First time?" I nodded and he said "Stick with us. You'll be OK." From that moment on, I was part of the family - and we won 4 - 0.

Oh, and Dad managed to find me after the match as well!

Favourite player:- Derek Dougan

Best game:- when we beat West Ham 5 - 4 just after the 1966 World Cup (but the Man U game last season runs it close.

Best moment:- Steve Walsh's winner against Derby in the 1994 Play-Off Final.

Worst moment:- Relegation to the third division (I refuse to call it League One).

Biggest regret:- missing the 6th Round FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury in 1982.

And that's more than enough from me! 

Hi all,

Oklahoma native here who became a fan after last year's promotion due to surname and ancestral heritage. I played just a little soccer when I was a kid and I'm pretty quick on the uptake where sports are concerned, but I'm more or less a totally new to the BPL and LCFC Fandom...so be gentle :-)

Leicester (Lester) Till I Die...quite literally!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by Lester4Leicester
  • Like 2

Hi everyone! 

Been following the foxes for about a year now.  I'm a big Seattle Sounders fan in the MLS, and Kasey Keller was a big goalie for us, so I figured I would take a look at his old club.  Just fell in love with the attitude of the team, and the classiness of the fans.

Currently live in Memphis, TN here in the states. 

Can't wait to keep learning more about this club!

hello everyone, 

Leicester born, grew up in Florida. Never really had a chance watch until the promotion last season, which was pure joy towards the end. I'm also loving the fact I can talk smack to my boys who support the bigger clubs (MU,Chelsea) right now. 

Heading back to Leicester in late October for a wedding and hoping to go to a match, most likely at home vs Watford, if anyone can point me in a direction to get tickets that'd be much appreciated.

Sam

Hey y'all.  My name is Donald, and I'm from the Southern Appalachians, Northeast Tennessee in the USA, so I'm much more of a Hillbilly than a Yank.

I've been a Leicester City fan since the 1998-99 season, when I started watching The English Premier League Soccer Show on Fox (a big thank you to presenters Lionel Bienvenu & Max Bretos for getting me hooked) .  I was paying attention to Leicester at first because of USMNT keeper Kasey Keller, but grew to love how the team played, how they were managed by O'Neal, and how they were doing well in spite of being based a smaller market.  

Unfortunately, coverage of the lower divisions here in the states is still scarce, but once they were relegated I followed as well as I could online, and lost interest in the LCFC-free Premiership.  With the great coverage on NBC and Leicester City back in the top division, I'm having a great time watching matches on television these days.  Sunday vs Villa was fantastic, which led me to looking at Villa fan sites to read the whining, and that eventually led me to this site.

I guess the USA Foxes group will be my nest stop on this forum.

Hi,

I have been lurking around these forums for about three years now and while bored at work today finally decided to create an account. Born and bred in Leicestershire although shamefully as a kid i was a Liverpool fan until my dad started taking me to actual football games as i grew older. Currently in the military and this is my 1st year where I’ve been based permanently in the UK so I’m currently a season ticket holder and not just a fox’s member or whatever shit it was. Have enjoyed and laughed at many petty arguments on here (especially about Pearson) and hope to see many more.

Mint.

Hey all,

Long time lurker over here but always reluctant to post because you know... nobody is allowed an opinion on the internet! Moved back to Sheffield yesterday for my final year at uni (Hallam) so could do with some fans to enjoy matches with (though you would have to put up with a lack of a lot of football knowledge). Looking forward to seeing the rest of this season and what will come beyond that, especially if we get our first loss and how everybody will be reacting to that.

Jack

For years the residents of Aylestone and surrounding areas have had to put up with the traffic and parked cars belonging to football fans (and before you jump to conclusions and say "you chose to live near the stadium" I can tell you that they moved the stadium nearer to US!). Despite the football club somehow managing to work their way around the planning conditions which stipulated that they provide suitable parking arrangements such as a "park and ride" scheme they have continued to ignore our pleas and let the area become a nightmare for anyone living in the locality. It is impossible for us to travel to or from our homes by car an hour before the game or afterwards. The fans park anywhere they like thanks to the convenient traffic laws which allow all-day parking at weekends while residents fight for a space outside their own homes.

It seems strange then that a portion of land for sale right next to the stadium which has a "potential for up to 600 car parking spaces" sits empty, and has done for some time. 

Being that LCFC spent a total of £17,600,000 on player transfer fees alone for the 2015/16 season one would have thought that a few thousand pounds for a plot of land would be considered "petty cash"?

This and their refusal to reply to my emails goes to show their ignorance for the local residents.

I would welcome any comments from the club's representatives 

For years the residents of Aylestone and surrounding areas have had to put up with the traffic and parked cars belonging to football fans (and before you jump to conclusions and say "you chose to live near the stadium" I can tell you that they moved the stadium nearer to US!). Despite the football club somehow managing to work their way around the planning conditions which stipulated that they provide suitable parking arrangements such as a "park and ride" scheme they have continued to ignore our pleas and let the area become a nightmare for anyone living in the locality. It is impossible for us to travel to or from our homes by car an hour before the game or afterwards. The fans park anywhere they like thanks to the convenient traffic laws which allow all-day parking at weekends while residents fight for a space outside their own homes.

It seems strange then that a portion of land for sale right next to the stadium which has a "potential for up to 600 car parking spaces" sits empty, and has done for some time. 

Being that LCFC spent a total of £17,600,000 on player transfer fees alone for the 2015/16 season one would have thought that a few thousand pounds for a plot of land would be considered "petty cash"?

This and their refusal to reply to my emails goes to show their ignorance for the local residents.

I would welcome any comments from the club's representatives 

I must admit Mr Random Noncer that I did go to a rugby match once. Later on in the pub we met the players and I learned that they are really nice guys to talk to. I felt sad that the players were paid relatively little, not like the pretentious overpaid pricks you see in other sports. It was fun watch a real game of rugby, but that was 20 years ago, so I wouldn't say I was a fan. 

I would tend to disagree with your comments suggesting that the traffic carnage we experience on match days is due to "daily problems". Our road is clear on ruby match days, just as it was when we moved to the area in 1992 (before LCFC moved the stadium). Even when Kasabian played at Victoria park and the roads around London Road were shut off there was no problem.

In any case, the subject of this thread concerns the large vacant car parking space adjacent to the ground, and I believe I said "I would welcome any comments from the club's representatives", not comments from a typical fan, unless you have anything constructive to say. 

1) this isn't your thread, this is the new members thread.

2) this is a fan's forum, so why you're expecting an audience with a club representative I'm not sure.

If you have a concern, ring the club or email. There's nothing anyone on this forum can do about the problem and I'm sure we'd all love more convenient and easier parking.

Don't blame us if you lose a wing mirror when you've parked you damn car in the middle of the road.

Also don't blame us for the massive dent in your pride and joy when you park over someone's driveway....while the cat's away.....and please be quite in a residential area when you return to your vehicles late at night and your drunken passengers slam the doors - it's bloody annoying.