Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi - apparently I have been placed on moderator queue. I am at a loss to understand why, as I don't think I've posted anything controversial. But I must have upset someone - if so, I apologise, although I'm not sure exactly for what, and to whom.

Anyway, I was going to belatedly introduce myself. I don't claim to be a Foxes fan, but I used to watch football quite a lot in the '60s and '70s, mostly in the Birmingham area, and saw the good Leicester City side of Matt Gillies on a number of occasions. Most memorably, when they beat Aston Villa at Villa Park in a FA cup tie in January '66. I didn't support either team, but during the first half I became a Leicester supporter for that game, as they were playing by far the better and more attractive football. And then, completely against the run of play, Villa scored. They retained the lead well into the second half. At last Derek Dougan scored for the Foxes, and then Mike Stringfellow scored the winner. It's one of the very few games I remember out of the many I saw in that period.

Even though I didn't become a Leicester fan, I've had a soft spot for your club ever since. So I am so glad that the Foxes won the Premiership this season. A fantastic achievement, even better that it is under Claudio Ranieri, not just a great manager, but seemingly a very fine human being.

Incidentally, I am an Anglican Priest, now retired from full-time ministry. I am also an evolutionary biologist - yes, Christians can believe in Evolution - and have a small part-time appointment as a university lecturer. I sometimes refer to football matters in my lectures on human evolution - it's surprisingly often quite relevant!

Congratulations to Claudio and the Foxes, and to Foxes fans. I hope next season will be a happy and successful one for you.

(AFC Wimbledon fan - formerly supported the now-defunct Wimbledon FC. I actually have a tiny number of shares in AFC, so I suppose I count as a football club owner!)

Hi! Bob here. Been following things on FT for several years and never got around to joining. Like a few other first timers I thought that if I don't post now I never will. Have been a Fox since about 1960. I grew up in Nottinghamshire but always followed City. My dad (now 93) is from Leicester. He took me to my first game March 1963, 2-2 draw with Spurs. Goals from Stringfellow and Keyworth, Smith and Greaves. Attendance 41,622.

So many memories over the years and then this season right out of the blue (as you might say). Leicester City PL Champions!! How did that happen? Chances of this disappeared long since. I'm still afraid somebody will take it off us for fielding an ineligible player or something.

Now living in Halifax and my club, the team I've followed for well over half a century, is everyone's favourite story. I feel very humble reading some of the well wishes and comments in the previous pages, and can't quite take in the level of support and friendship shown in those posts and in the genuine pleasure of supporters from other clubs and even other countries that I met or saw just soaking up or indeed creating the atmosphere outside the KP last Saturday.

As Claudio has said - "Continue to dream." Perhaps this story is not finished yet.

Don't know if my heart is strong enough but I'll risk it!

• Like 1

A big welcome to all newcomers on here whether you are UK rivals or supporters from all around the world. I can't tell how happy it makes me when I read your good wishes for our team before we won and then also reading the congratulations afterwards we won . Good luck to all of your teams. Thank you so very much for posting your messages here.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Long time voyeur finally coming out of the shadows - didn't want to jinx anything as it's been a long time coming. Followed the team since the Brian Little era and had a season ticket up until my youngest was born and then time and money (or lack of) got in the way. Don't get to as many games as I would like but do when I can, although technology is a bit of a saving grace these days.

Have my Grandad to blame / thank for this roller coaster ride over the last few seasons!   

Biff from Shepshed. Lived in Manchester for last 20+ years. Only get to the odd home and away games in North West.

Attempting to bring up the next generation of Foxes in the shadow of Old Trafford/ Emptihad.

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum. I am now a Leicester fan, used to be a United supporter for a very long time but unfortunately the club is on its way down. Football is bad, management is bad, ed Woodward is horrible and the new manager Mourinho made my decision even easier to stop supporting the team. Go Foxes!! 

• Like 1

Hello all. First time posted long time reader. My first game was city v watford at filbert street (with a very young David James between the sticks for them in the programme as "one to watch") must have been 91 or '92 as collymore came with Southend that season... he was 12watch in the programme to. Been a Fox ever since. Amazing times, we all desrve a smile after some of the shit this club and fans have been through. Long may it continue. Proud of everyone from the chairman to the tea lady to the fans who are soooo loud it's amazing. Who knew the walkers (sorry the KP Stadium) could replicate even better the atmosphere of filbert street, it was so quiet (hollowhead and his predecessors) before this amazing journey.

Edited by spudfox2911

hi disgusted about drinkwaters  omission to many poster boys in the squad no point playing now he wont get a pass unless he signs for spurs. liverpool have 3 midfielders in the squad and klopp is after signing drinky  maybe he is a better judge than the england manager

Hi everyone, I've been a leicester fan for approximatly 45 years, therefore I've witnessed all the ups and downs over past seasons. I still can't believe what we achieved this year-I thought that we could win the FA cup within my lifetime, but never the premiership. Anyway hopefully we can win the FA cup next season, or dare I say it, the FA cup and premiership double-I'm not even going to suggest we can win the UCL, but there again who really thought we would lift the premiership trophy

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum. I am now a Leicester fan, used to be a United supporter for a very long time but unfortunately the club is on its way down. Football is bad, management is bad, ed Woodward is horrible and the new manager Mourinho made my decision even easier to stop supporting the team. Go Foxes!! 

lol

• Like 1

City fan from the Matt Gillies days. Was at Highfield Road when we beat the chavs 8-1 in the League Cup. (The chav fans were shouting 'we want ten' - to see if their brand new electric scoreboard could cope with double figures). Born in Glenfield (when it was a village), raised in Kenilworth, and lived in Cov, London and Manchester. Moved back to Leicestershire about 10 years ago. STH, and convinced my wife that she loves LCFC almost as much as me - she now understands the offside rule. Occasional antique dealer.

• Like 1

Hi, told about this site by Steve Herbe. Live outside Southampton after moving down from the midlands 14 years ago.. anybody else around the waterside area?

Hi SO45, glad you found your way here, good to meet you yesterday, enjoy life on here, it sometimes gets bumpy but always a good laugh