Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Guest CityFan 06

Sunderland fan here and I joined just to say all us Mackem's are rooting for the Foxes to win the title :)

You have had an unbelievable season and I cant wait for sundays match and will be watching and cheering for you :scarf:  

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words. It's been an absolutely incredible season for the club and city. It's really bought our city together.  Best of luck on staying up anyway, good club. 

Another OOT here.  I just wanted to pop in - like others - to wish you al the best over the next few days.  Don't believe the hype and talk of Spurs challenging, if any of the so called big boys were 7 pts ahead with three games left, the name would be already on the trophy.  Hopefully you can do it at OT, that would make all us underdogs across the football world extremely happy.  You lot have made this season one to remember, one where money isn't the main factor.  Your team has been fantastic to watch - well organised and deadly on the break and there's been no prima donnas, just a real team in every sense.

Enjoy the party, and keep on doing what you do in the CL (yes - the Champion's League!!), i've put 50p on you winning it : )

Live in Lincoln, been a Leicester fan all my life as was born in Germany (army) and dad was from Leicester so rather them than Hannover 96! Had a read on here every now and again but thought balls to it lets get involved! 

Can't wait to watch us lift the trophy i now feel confident that it will happen, i have always been quite pessimistic whenever it comes to Leicester with a light in me say "maybe just maybe" but would always shrug it off and say no be daft, its leicester!!!!

It is. . . . its Leicester and we are doing it! Thank you Leicester!

• Like 1

Lifelong mid-thirtysomething Brentford ST-holder here. I'm so pleased for LCFC and it's staff, players and fans. Without wishing to jinx it, it's a done deal for me (Everton at home).

I believe THE greatest sporting achievement of all time is unfolding- and the greatest managerial achievement of any team, ever (great credit should also go to NP for laying the foundations; I'd LOVE him as our manager).

I had a bet with a friend in Sept that you'd make Champs league. 

As an Orient fan here earlier said, business (and indeed sport) could and surely will learn from the galvanized team spirit, the tactical nous, the spirit, the intelligence. I don't believe it's a one-off. I think you're here to say, an rightly so. 

Truly rooting for you all the way, you've made this season one truly remarkable season to remember. I'm piggybacking for now, I hope you don't mind; it is like a drug. I intend to get to a few games next season. You can't look on like this, voyeuristically, and not get involved. Thank you, for being such a great team to watch, wonderful fans, for displacing the old brigade, and showing the world that profligate spending doesn't necessarily buy you success. I, like you, will go potty when you lift the title. But of course, I can't even fathom what it will be like for true fans who've been there, home and away, year in and year out. 

Up the foxes!

Edited by Nightfly
  • Like 3

Hi Everyone, Gaz here. I've been supporter since the Brian Little era. Had a season ticket for about 10 years pre during and post O'neil, but then had 4 kids in less than 5 years so I couldn't really justify the time and expense any more. Fortunately my 8 year old has a season ticket so, I've been able to upgrade his ticket for a few games this season and what a joy it's been. 

Had some fantastic adventures following the city home and away during that time - the four cup finals (including replays), play off finals (my favourite moment watching city has to be claridge shining THAT goal against palace) and watching them in Madrid.  I was 17 at the time of this game, none of my mates could go so I decided to go by myself on the coach, I had one too many beers on the ferry and then puked on the coach all over the poor sod that was sitting next to me, somewhere just after Calais. The coach, which took forever to get to Madrid, stank of my sick the whole way there and back - I was not a popular guy!  

It all pales into insignificance compared to this season though. What a year! One none of us will ever forget (barring alzheimer's) and amazingly, one not many other fans will ever forget either!   

• Like 1

hi, 

new here also. I guess many of us are these days. I can't really say i'm a long time fan but i've grown fond of the team this season. Haven't gotten this much joy from watching the matches in a long time. They really got the spirit to take the tittle! Priceless!

btw. I was reading the forums for a couple of days. Didn't know the spurs were the best team in the league?!?  :o

I had to make something in their honor then https://teespring.com/foxes-over-spurs-1

Anyways, glad to be here.

M

edit: looks like my tshirt got suspended - someone is obviously a spurs fan :/

Edited by fox_M
  • Like 1

From Coalville. Lived there til 2000. Cincinnati USA til 2005, then moved to York (for uni). Stayed up here since.

First game...Some FNF game in about 1993

First proper game...Sunderland 1996 0-0

Best game...Sunderland 2000 5-2

Early days, watching Heskey on Friday nights with Filbert (bluuuuaaaaarmy). Listened to the playoff final in 1994 on a crackly car radio in Calais on a ferry trip for cheap plonk. Last game before the states, got PT's autograph in the car park just before everything went south. Used to listen to every game online until it became possible to watch every game very recently.

Mostly go to non league these days. Used to go to a few home games a year when home for Xmas etc, go to as many aways up North as I can - plenty in Sheffield (like Schlupp's hat-trick debut at Don Valley), Burnley, Tranmere, Donny, Huddersfield, Preston 2007 Nils-Eric...) or if I'm down in London (Palace, Charlton etc).

This season: Bury, paid on the gate. Was in the Sunderland end too as close to the away end as possible. Recently woke both my housemates up by singing the Ulloa song at 2am on return from a beer festival.

I'll be back when my club needs me. Likely to be in Europe even if I can't get a ticket - even though I was in Vienna when we were bombing Belgrade.

Why Neil Lewis, you ask? Collected the full set of '95 stickers and randomly picked him as my favourite player

Edited by Fitbaphile
  • Like 1

Hello,

Im Felix from germany. I never was interested in the english Premier league. But for the reason that the "Bundesliga" is traditionelly dominated by Bayern München, I decided to take a closer look at the foreign football leagues. After choosing the Premier league as my favorte I had to chose a Club wich i will Support during the season. I read some stuff about history and success and so I Chose tottenham. But when i followed the table i cant resist to hope for leicester. The miracel of leicester is also reportet in german tv. The Fans look very nice and they Talk about a leicester Fan Who earns 25 000 £ i they win the Championchip. So my heart beat for you guys.

Best wishes from a Bayer 04 Leverkusen fan.

Hallo Felix,

ich bin auch ein Freund der Foxes. Und wohne in Bergisch Gladbach. Schreib doch mal was über Dich. Hier oder per PN.

Danke.

New poster, long time lurker

From Vancouver Canada. Was always following the premier league but never a team until. A coworker (ex-pat) got me watching last year. I watched the great escape and was immediately hook for this year. My half joking target this year was Europa league. Guess that didn't go so well.

It is tough being a Leicester fan when not in Leicester as you will automatically be branded a glory hunter. Nice problem to have I guess!

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

Long time lurker. First time poster.

From Limerick but living in Cork Ireland.

Lot of family living in Leicester. Mother was born in the city, grandmother still lives in the city and nearly all the relatives attend matches.

Originally an Arsenal fan from around 1991-99 but the lure of Leicester City was too much. Always kept a lookout for Leicester results from 1991 survival right through the playoffs and onto the glorious Martin O’Neill era. My full time allegiance to Leicester started around 1999 as I was more concerned with how they were doing on Ceefax more so than Arsenal.Turned a bit sour in the 00s with a lost decade culminating in relegation in 2008 but a foxes revival thanks to Nigel Pearson which looked to lose momentum after he first left but came back to secure a playoff with an away win against Forest which for me was the launchpad for where we are now.

And look where we are now. One 2015/16 win away from what is up there with one of the great sporting stories. The club who dared to take on the superpowers and within touching distance of the holy grail. Claudio Raneiri who we I thought was yesterdays man has could bring us our finest hour.

Was over last week for the Swansea game. Fortunate to get a ticket. The hairs would stand up on the back of your neck thinking about it. Colour, kasabian, chanting,and most important of all 3 points on the back of a complete performance. The mahrez goal and its build up will forme remain frozen in time.

Great for what it has done for the community. There is huge similarities with our national sports Gaelic Football and Hurling in that it unites the area and creates a huge excitement and pride of place as well as sporting excellence. These sports were founded in 1884 the same year as Leicester City. They are an obsession for us in Ireland the way football is in in Leicester. Irish greats like Martin O’Neill, Neil Lennon and Damien Delaney all played to a high level of Gaelic Football and no doubt helped create hard work, skill and character that shone in their time at Leicester City and beyond.

I was pleased to find so many people of different backgrounds and cultures getting behind Leicester.The gods of the current squad – Vardy, Mahrez, King, Schmeicel etc and the legends that have gone before-Lineker,Lennon, Heskey.

I’ve been lucky to witness my country take on the and beat world cup winners last October and make the euros after. I always believed that Martin O’Neill would get us there as he always deleivered the goods at Leicester.

It’s not always been easy but no one is in any doubt about my allegiance to leicester. The 2004/05 home le coq sportif kit and battered grey 2011 Burrda jacket will silence a few. A fortnight ago I was in a pub for the Liverpool Borussia Dortmund game and all the friends were asking about us. I doubt I will ever get tired of telling this story.

I’d like to wish all who get to live this most magical of journey’s over the next 2-3 weeks the very best of luck. It’s been a long time coming.Enjoy the moment all Leicester city fans across the world.

Seize the day!

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

Hi all

I'm a reporter with NBC News and I'm writing a story for our mostly-American audience about Leicester's amazing season. I'm looking to speak with Leicester fans about what the season has been like from your perspective. Anyone up for a quick chat asap today?

If you're up for it please send me your number: [email protected]

Looking forward to speaking to some of you.

Cheers

Alexander Smith | Reporter, NBC News
200 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8XZ

NBC News Digital reaches an audience of more than 58 million unique visitors who generate more than 1.2 billion page views and 140 million online video streams each month. Our audience is predominantly from the fast-expanding soccer market of the U.S.
  • Like 1

Hi all

I'm a reporter with NBC News and I'm writing a story for our mostly-American audience about Leicester's amazing season. I'm looking to speak with Leicester fans about what the season has been like from your perspective. Anyone up for a quick chat asap today?

If you're up for it please send me your number: [email protected]

Looking forward to speaking to some of you.

Cheers

Alexander Smith | Reporter, NBC News
200 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8XZ

NBC News Digital reaches an audience of more than 58 million unique visitors who generate more than 1.2 billion page views and 140 million online video streams each month. Our audience is predominantly from the fast-expanding soccer market of the U.S.

How to describe it? Seeing a bunch of journeymen, no hopers and cast offs achieve the greatest English Footballing Prize? It's the ultimate underdog story, hearts bursting with pride. I pinch myself everyday to say we are in the top 4 alone, but to be potential winners? I cannot put into words, incredible, amazing.... just sheer jubilation.

A real bond exists among this team, and you actually feel that this club has emotions and dreams... you want them to win it for themselves as much as anyone else to prove all the doubters in their careers wrong.

Just wish all foxes fans from the past could experience this, I know a few family members who I would have wanted to share this experience with.

Hi, I'm Giulio from Italy, Torino FC fan. I'm a big fan of Mr Ranieri and your wonderful team. Go Foxes!!!! Your story gives hope and makes football the beautiful game we love. Now finish your job and become legend!

Edited by strider470it
  • Like 1

Derby County fan here.

Though I have watched the Foxes with my old school mate, the 4-4 with Watford was a great game. 

Just posted this on the Guardian site.

Being a Derby fan we are supposed to have a rivalry with Leicester, indeed during the early 00's it was quite nasty at games.

That said, I don't do 'hate' that appears to be expected of most fans these days, indeed Stuart Pearce is still one of my favourite ever players.

But can I just say what Leicester have done is an inspiration to all of us who support 'lesser teams' for years I had been convinced that no one outside the big 6 would ever win the league in my lifetime, and I bemoaned the fact that we would not see teams like Ipswich, Southampton, Watford, Norwich (can I say Villa, Villa fans?) ever challenge for the title again.

I have never been so happy to be so wrong. To see what it means to the supporters of Leicester (My mate used to take me to Filbert Street when I wasn't at Derby) is magnificent, the sense of unity, the sense of pride, the fact that sometimes against all odds the underdog can prosper.

I care more about Leicester this season than I do about Derby and the Play Offs, you have done your city proud, but more importantly you have given hope and brought the love back into football that has been so sorely missed for the past decade.

Good on you Foxes.

Now go dominate Europe.

You enjoy it guys, you have done us all proud, this is the greatest achievement in British football ever, even better than Clough at Derby and Forest. You enjoy it, wll done. You have made Europe sit up and notice our spirit beyond the big 6. My old man (massive Rams fan and mates with McFarland, Todd, Nicsh et al) is more concerned with you winning than us under the charlatan Redknapp.

I'm so jealous.  :)

• Like 2

Derby County fan here.

Though I have watched the Foxes with my old school mate, the 4-4 with Watford was a great game. 

Just posted this on the Guardian site.

You enjoy it guys, you have done us all proud, this is the greatest achievement in British football ever, even better than Clough at Derby and Forest. You enjoy it, wll done. You have made Europe sit up and notice our spirit beyond the big 6. My old man (massive Rams fan and mates with McFarland, Todd, Nicsh et al) is more concerned with you winning than us under the charlatan Redknapp.

I'm so jealous.  :)

Great read, thanks for the support mate and best of luck to you guys. Hurry up and get in the prem, we're running out of Derby matches now Villa have gone  :D

Great read, thanks for the support mate and best of luck to you guys. Hurry up and get in the prem, we're running out of Derby matches now Villa have gone  :D

I don't care about us mate. Genuinely.

You guys just do it. Bring love and hope back in to football.

I loved seeing the old guy crying when you beat Sunderland, he must never have imagined he would see what we are all witnessing.

It's not just the Uk that's behind you its Europe! My Dutch and Serbian mates keep asking me about Leicester!

Lurker outing myself…    It’s all in a name.  I checked out LCFC last spring, because mine is on the front and back of your kit, in the case of a certain homegrown midfielder.  Was put off by the escapade in Thailand; but after I saw this year’s kit, home and third shirts were bought.  And NBC Sports weekend games and FoxesTalk became part of my life.

So hello from a  total come-lately.   From Cleveland, Ohio, I know living in a post-industrial city.  Pulling for decades (including as an ST holder) for teams that always, always break your heart.  Being in the house for some of the best-known US sports debacles of recent decades.  I understand why there’s angst on this forum -- though not having lived and died with the Foxes, don’t share it.   This is a freebie, the most fun I’ve had with professional sports.  But I do “get” how brilliantly deserving this team is, and how long and dearly many of you have invested in this journey I jumped on for a lark. 

p.s. to many posters, a brief thanks for the primer on English slang and profanity.  Occasionally visiting the Sunderland board for my full diploma in the latter.

• Like 1

Hello Chaps,

Napoli fan here as my member name says :-)

What you are about to achieve (fingers crossed) is beyond any logic of modern football which has become mainly a business and teams ranking is very much tight with their revenues.

Leicester's season has been a magnificent fairytale so far and I strongly hope it will also have a happy ending.

There can only be one team in your heart and for me that is Napoli of course but you can be f...ing sure I will be cheering for the Foxes in the next games until they get what they deserve.

Forza Leicester!! Up the Foxes! 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, Gaz here. I've been supporter since the Brian Little era. Had a season ticket for about 10 years pre during and post O'neil, but then had 4 kids in less than 5 years so I couldn't really justify the time and expense any more. Fortunately my 8 year old has a season ticket so, I've been able to upgrade his ticket for a few games this season and what a joy it's been.

Had some fantastic adventures following the city home and away during that time - the four cup finals (including replays), play off finals (my favourite moment watching city has to be claridge shining THAT goal against palace) and watching them in Madrid. I was 17 at the time of this game, none of my mates could go so I decided to go by myself on the coach, I had one too many beers on the ferry and then puked on the coach all over the poor sod that was sitting next to me, somewhere just after Calais. The coach, which took forever to get to Madrid, stank of my sick the whole way there and back - I was not a popular guy!

It all pales into insignificance compared to this season though. What a year! One none of us will ever forget (barring alzheimer's) and amazingly, one not many other fans will ever forget either!

I was on one of those buses to Madrid, ours had to stop near Lutterworth for some guy who'd drunk a bottle of vodka to be taken to hospital, it must have only been about 6am!! I had armed police escort me to the loo at the services in Spain and he watched me go (wouldn't let me close the cubicle door) we crawled from the French border into Madrid at about 20mph just so we couldn't wander round Madrid before kick off, and after the game they made us all stay in the stadium while the Atletico fans left, so they were all waiting for us with bricks when we went to get on the buses! Haha good memories... Oh and we all came back with swollen ankles from being sat still for the best part of 24 hours to find that the tickets for the home leg had all been sold while we were in Madrid :-(

• Like 2

Hi long time lurker here,

After stumbling along this forum last year while off work with a fractured back, I thought it's time to sign up. Been a supporter of city all of my life, started going to games at the start of the Brian Little era and remember paying £7 to stand in the kop. Unfortunately not been in a financial position until recently due to work commitments, getting married and having three kids in three years!.

I never thought I'd see another Leicester team that would top the team of Martin O'Neil, but here we are on the brink of premiership glory!

If this team pulls of the impossible dream, it will be something to talk about for years to come. So c'mon foxes, win this league and write yourselfs into foot balling folklore!

Edited by Systonfox74
  • Like 1

Joined this morning to wish you luck.

Fully deserved.

I am a Sunderland supporter and am so envious of what you have achieved..    :-)

My daughter also has Uni of Leicester as one of her Uni choices in September so I've visited the city a couple of times with her. Never been before but I came away with a positive vibe.

I was surprised at how nice the city centre and the Uni is.

• Like 2

Hello all

Huddersfield Town fan here just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for later today.I am so impressed by how you have run your season this year and its such a refreshing change for an unfancied Club to beat the big boys week in and week out. My partners dad playef for you from 1949 -1955 Ron Jackson defender .Our first game we watched after meeting was Huddersfield v Foxes in the FA cup a few years ago. The blue and white will be out in our local pub in East Yorkshire today..