Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

The beginning anouncements to this years "Big Day Out".... Great line up so far...

The line up so far is...

Soundgarden

Kanye West

Kasabian

My Chemical Romance

Royksopp

Best Coast

Girl Talk

Odd Future

Foster The People

Battles

Mariachi el Bronx

Cage The Elephant

The Getaway Plan

Architecture In Helsinki

Frenzal Rhomb

The Jezabels

Hilltop Hoods

The Living End

Boy and Bear

to be continued....

• 2 months later...

Under 2 weeks to go until Falls Festival for me. 4 days of camping so me and my mate spent the night constructing a false floor on his work van so we can sneak in booze. It takes 14 slabs of beer and as many bottles of spirits as possible......it's going to be an epic trip.

The beginning anouncements to this years "Big Day Out".... Great line up so far...

The line up so far is...

Soundgarden

Kanye West

Kasabian

My Chemical Romance

Royksopp

Best Coast

Girl Talk

Odd Future

Foster The People

Battles

Mariachi el Bronx

Cage The Elephant

The Getaway Plan

Architecture In Helsinki

Frenzal Rhomb

The Jezabels

Hilltop Hoods

The Living End

Boy and Bear

to be continued....

One of the worst line ups in years. Only keen on The Jezables, Living End, Boy and Bear, Foster the People, Architeture in Helsinki and Kasabian. Knowing my luck they will all be playing at the same time so giving it a miss not worth $220.

Cue a most spectacular music-based jizz:

I'll Be Your Mirror, Alexandra Palace, May 2012

25TH MAY - CURATED BY ATP

SLAYER

Performing Reign In Blood

SLEEP

MELVINS

WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM

YOB

+ MORE TBC

26TH MAY - CURATED BY MOGWAI

MOGWAI

DIRTY THREE

MUDHONEY

CODEINE

CHAVEZ

FLOOR

BALAM ACAB

+ MORE TBC

27TH MAY - CURATED BY ATP

THE AFGHAN WHIGS

ARCHERS OF LOAF

THEE OH SEES

YUCK

DEMDIKE STARE

SISKIYOU

Edited by lcfcadam

• 2 weeks later...

Under 2 weeks to go until Falls Festival for me. 4 days of camping so me and my mate spent the night constructing a false floor on his work van so we can sneak in booze. It takes 14 slabs of beer and as many bottles of spirits as possible......it's going to be an epic trip.

Lived up to expectations really enjoyed, Arctic Monkeys, Beirut, Fleet Foxes, Metronomy and The Kooks only dissapointment was Crystal Castles.

Also not showering for 5 days and sweating my arse off in the pit a few times a day was awesome.

Just booked flights and hotel in Barcelona for Primavera :D

Good man, I'm there on a stag do. Line up building nicely. Whereabouts are you staying? We're in the El Born district, meant to be pretty cool.

In a rather punishing schedule I'm at Rockness the weekend after on another stag do.

And then if things go according to plan I should be doing at least one day of Fuji Rock in July.

Good man, I'm there on a stag do. Line up building nicely. Whereabouts are you staying? We're in the El Born district, meant to be pretty cool.

In a rather punishing schedule I'm at Rockness the weekend after on another stag do.

And then if things go according to plan I should be doing at least one day of Fuji Rock in July.

Can't wait, the line-up already looks fairly phenomenal.

Staying at some place in Eixample, just down the road from the Sagrada Familia. Whole thing seemed ridiculously cheap, about £320 per person through expedia for flights and hotel for 7 nights...

If you do go to Fuji Rock, you absolutely simply have to see Atari Teenage Riot (playing the Red Marquee at 8.30pm on the Sunday). I'd kill to see them live but they don't seem to come to the UK very often...

Bought a ticket to Outlook festival in Croatia the other day. Looks pretty awesome. Not till next august though. Anyone been before?

A few people I know went last year and said it was brilliant. Personally I would love to go this year but due to the cost I don't think I'll be able to go till at least next year.

The line-ups for all of the festivals look epic and it is probably worth how much the ticket costs. It's just the flight that would hit me.

Oh and FYI, if anyone has an ex-yugoslav passport (unlikely I know, but possible) you can get a massive discount on the festival ticket, at least you could last year.

AiwawVnCQAAR4Ab.jpg

Why can't Britain, despite being arguably the music festival capital of the world, hold even one of these mega festivals with such varied and phenomenal line-ups?

Shall be seeing At The Drive In the instant it becomes possible...

Why can't Britain, despite being arguably the music festival capital of the world, hold even one of these mega festivals with such varied and phenomenal line-ups?

Shall be seeing At The Drive In the instant it becomes possible...

Umm sorry but WHAt???

Also Glastonbury is considered pretty massive around the the world.

Umm sorry but WHAt???

Also Glastonbury is considered pretty massive around the the world.

Purely in terms of the number of festivals and the enthusiasm they generate, and the fact that Britain invented the concept in the first place (http://en.wikipedia....Leeds_Festivals). Not the quality of the acts unfortunately.

Oh and Glasto line-ups have been largely uninteresting for several years now.

Edited by lcfcadam

That Coachella line up is absurd. I actually might be on the West Coast around that time in 2013 on my honeymoon so might to look to squeeze in next year's festival. Would be amazing.

As for Glastonbury the headline acts haven't been amazing but the festival itself, on its day, has to be one of the best in the world. There's so much more beyond the headliners.

A few people I know went last year and said it was brilliant. Personally I would love to go this year but due to the cost I don't think I'll be able to go till at least next year.

Most likely the only thing ill be doing this year tbh aha. A few people my mates know flew out there for £120 last year so hopefully won't be too expensive

• 4 weeks later...

Just done an initial personal line-up for Primavera, being overly picky and bearing in mind that the full line-up is still not complete I came up with this:

Atlas Sound

Beach House

Benga

Bjork

Codeine

Death Grips

Death in Vegas

Dirty Beaches

Field Music

Forest Swords

Franz Ferdinand

Friends

Girls

Girls Names

Godflesh

I Break Horses

Iceage

Japandroids

Jeff Mangum

Josh T Pearson

Laura Marling

Lee Ranaldo

Matias Aguayo

Mayhem

Mazzy Star

Melvins

Michael Gira

Mudhoney

Napalm Death

Real Estate

Rufus Wainwright

Sleep

Sleepy Sun

Spiritualized

St. Etienne

The Afghan Whigs

The Chameleons

The Cure

The Drums

The Pop Group

The Rapture

The War on Drugs

The Wedding Present

Thee Oh Sees

Veronica Falls

Washed Out

White Denim

Wolves in the Throne Room

Yo La Tengo

Just the 49 bands I absolutely definitely have to see then, amongst many others and probably some more exciting announcements... :o

Going to a one day regional festival in May just booked accom. Decent variety of acts

Adrian Lux

Andrew WK (One-Man-Party Tour)

Beni

Big Scary

Bluejuice

Chiddy Bang

City and Colour

Digitalism

The Getaway Plan

Gold Fields

Hermitude

Hilltop Hoods

Kaiser Chiefs

Kimbra

The Maccabees

Matt Corby

Muscles

Mutemath

Naysayer & Gilsun

Parkway Drive

Public Enemy

Purple Sneakers DJs

San Cisco

Wavves

With absolutely no tongue in any cheek whatsoever, I think White Denim may, quite possibly, be the greatest band of all time. People want to fire reasons at me why that isn't the case then feel free, I'll reply to em all...

I hope it isn't tongue in cheek!

Let's Talk About It used to be my own little personal 'anthem' back at uni.

• 4 weeks later...

Just done an initial personal line-up for Primavera, being overly picky and bearing in mind that the full line-up is still not complete I came up with this:

Atlas Sound

Beach House

Benga

Bjork

Codeine

Death Grips

Death in Vegas

Dirty Beaches

Field Music

Forest Swords

Franz Ferdinand

Friends

Girls

Girls Names

Godflesh

I Break Horses

Iceage

Japandroids

Jeff Mangum

Josh T Pearson

Laura Marling

Lee Ranaldo

Matias Aguayo

Mayhem

Mazzy Star

Melvins

Michael Gira

Mudhoney

Napalm Death

Real Estate

Rufus Wainwright

Sleep

Sleepy Sun

Spiritualized

St. Etienne

The Afghan Whigs

The Chameleons

The Cure

The Drums

The Pop Group

The Rapture

The War on Drugs

The Wedding Present

Thee Oh Sees

Veronica Falls

Washed Out

White Denim

Wolves in the Throne Room

Yo La Tengo

Just the 49 bands I absolutely definitely have to see then, amongst many others and probably some more exciting announcements... :o

Add Sleigh Bells and The Men to that list...