Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to get tickets to this when they go on sale on Friday.

poster.jpg?v=3

Tickets sold out in the space of 20 minutes, i wasn't meant to get tickets but had a feeling we would miss out so jumped on and grabbed 3 tickets but missed out on camping so not sure how to get up there or where to stay but i got tickets lol

Anyone going reading / Leeds 2012?

Considering it myself

Yep going Leeds 4 of us going early bird pretty decent ine up enough bands to tempt me, one of the most enjoyable things I find about festivals is the sifting through the band that get announced in the run up. Being 28 I don't really no what goes on radio 1 these days so I was pleased when I gave tribes a listen to and they sound awesome, they've probably been around for ages but I was himpressed when I heard them, I just have the issue of do I can see at the drive in or kasbian?! Ive seen kasbian a few times and there quality and feel if I don't see them I will regret it. At the drive in on the other hand I have been listening to for years! And this is probably going to be the only chance I get to see them, so they are getting the vote at the minute. The band I'm most looking forward to has to be the black keys though!

Edited by goose2010

Been going Reading for the last 34 years on and off, switched to Leeds once it went dual sites, as i cant stand southerners. Got to disagree with those saying last few years have been shit. Ok the main stage is sometimes disappointing, but the other stages often have great bands. Fuc**d Up and Cage the Elephant were superb last year.

Must admit, now I'm 51 I have taken to staying in a travel lodge in Leeds, a decent nights sleep, crap and a shower really help.

Also going Summer Sundae. TOP LAID BACK ATMOSPHERE, really reminds me of the Glastonburys (obviously on a small scale) of 79/80/81 when it was a cool, laid back, family friendly atmosphere. And PiL are playing!!!!!!!!!!

Totally endorse Benacassim in Spain. Went there a few years ago when Oasis and Kasabian were playing. Sunning myself on the beach in the afternoon and then bands in the evening.

Can't beat festivals.

• 3 weeks later...

Primavera = amazing.

The XX blew my little mind, Wild Beasts were stunning and Justice created a completely mental atmosphere. Some spine tingling performances.

Great festival, fantastic crowd, unique venue, hammering it until well into the next day every night in a brilliant city.

Thank you Barcelona. Bring on Rockness next weekend.

• Like 1