Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Smashed it like the back door at the Keys household. Unbelievable set.

And The Strokes crowd was pretty tame but the Sunday fans were worse cos it was full of ****ing M*se fans who are obviously ***** with no taste as is but just stood at the front like ****ing lemons. At one point with Friendly Fires playing the lead singer told them all to **** off back so the Fires fans could move forward and have a dance. Bellends, yet another reason to hate that shower of shit.

Friendly Fires were amazing at Beni mate, on at 3AM so everyone wanted to see them. It was just like a massive piss-up, everyone just having a laugh.

wow easy on the hostility fella. does everyone really need to be at the front whether your a FF fan or a MUSE fan? dance wherever you can i say. i wasn't at the festival as i was on holiday but from what i've heard from other MUSE fans it wasn't them causing trouble it was fans of other bands (i think Enter Shikari fans were mentioned?!) ruining it for everyone.

interesting opinion, of which you are entitled to but i'd hazard a guess that you've never listened to Origin Of Symmetry in full so therefore will have never heard many of the tunes from the first half of the set. it's a great album and a fantastic way to celebrate it being 10 years old by playing it in full at their only UK festival appearance. i've seen the bbc3 footage and have to say they nailed it on the 3 OoS songs they showed and then the 2nd half of the set which was full of "hits" seems to be riddled with a few mistakes but tell me a band who havent hit the odd duff note when performing live.

expect more grief but thats all MUSE fans ever get tbh

You could tell 90% of the fans at Leeds had never listened to most of OoS, the only tracks that really got them going were Plug In baby and Feeling Good. I loved it though :D

Though I'd say Pulp put on a marginally better show.

Disappointed to miss a few bands though, Two Door Cinema Club and Crystal Castles particularly.

Oh and the Enter Shikari set was amazing in the rain, didn't see any trouble though.

Edited by potter3

wow easy on the hostility fella. does everyone really need to be at the front whether your a FF fan or a MUSE fan? dance wherever you can i say. i wasn't at the festival as i was on holiday but from what i've heard from other MUSE fans it wasn't them causing trouble it was fans of other bands (i think Enter Shikari fans were mentioned?!) ruining it for everyone.

interesting opinion, of which you are entitled to but i'd hazard a guess that you've never listened to Origin Of Symmetry in full so therefore will have never heard many of the tunes from the first half of the set. it's a great album and a fantastic way to celebrate it being 10 years old by playing it in full at their only UK festival appearance. i've seen the bbc3 footage and have to say they nailed it on the 3 OoS songs they showed and then the 2nd half of the set which was full of "hits" seems to be riddled with a few mistakes but tell me a band who havent hit the odd duff note when performing live.

expect more grief but thats all MUSE fans ever get tbh

Did you go to either Syston? (That's not a dig its a question)

I hate M*se more than anything in the world. And their fans were being boring ***** all day Sunday. Not any trouble at all just ****ing dull as dishwater.

Viva Brother followed by Peter Doherty in the tiny Festival Republic tent (on at the same time as that bag of toss) was immense though.

• Like 1

Was at Leeds as well, had a great weekend.

Highlights for me were, Bombay Bicycle Club, Capdown, The Streets, Crystal Fighters and 2 Many Djs.

The downside was, as some have said, the crowd and general atmosphere was awful and easily the worst I've ever witnessed at either Leeds or Reading. I also agree that this is probably because of the watered down lineups each year with more and more indie/pop bands being introduced. Possibly also something to do with the quite timid headliners. Pulp were great and I heard Muse as usual put on a good show. MCR aren't my thing and I'm sure they ddn't pull a particularly big crowd. So there was no HUGE band which previous years have benefitted from - the likes of the RHCP, Iron Maiden etc which have worldwide appeal and would bring a huge range of people.

Basically this year, if you haven't been played on Radio 1, you weren't going to get the call to a mainstream UK festival.

Foreign fest for me next year without doubt.

Nail on the head, certainly about Reading and Leeds. Weak line-up this year.

Wrong.

Hot Water Music, glassjaw, Rival Schools, Boysetsfire, Face to Face.... Still can't believe half of these bands existed played.

Don't know how people can moan about the line up - there was definitely something for everyone

Edited by Houdini Logic
  • Like 1

Wrong.

Hot Water Music, glassjaw, Rival Schools, Boysetsfire, Face to Face.... Still can't believe half of these bands existed played.

Don't know how people can moan about the line up - there was definitely something for everyone

Ha, fair enough! Guess I'm just judging the headliners, none my cup of tea, really (The Strokes aside). That and I've got a chip on my shoulder about seeing My Chemical Romance higher up the bill than Deftones. All kinds of wrong.

I was due to see Glassjaw last Friday but couldn't get the time off work. I'd give my middle nut to see them.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Ha, fair enough! Guess I'm just judging the headliners, none my cup of tea, really (The Strokes aside). That and I've got a chip on my shoulder about seeing My Chemical Romance higher up the bill than Deftones. All kinds of wrong.

I was due to see Glassjaw last Friday but couldn't get the time off work. I'd give my middle nut to see them.

For what it's worth (and I'm sure you don't want to hear this) Deftones were the best I've ever heard them this year.

Agree it's sacreligious that MCR were higher, but I tend to think that about most bands at most festivals! (and MCR did pull out Brian May to be fair...)

For what it's worth (and I'm sure you don't want to hear this) Deftones were the best I've ever heard them this year.

Agree it's sacreligious that MCR were higher, but I tend to think that about most bands at most festivals! (and MCR did pull out Brian May to be fair...)

lol

Just been watching their Reading set on the BBC website, such a brilliant group.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Head Automatica > Glassjaw ...

BEATING HEARTS BAAAAAAAABBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY

Did you go to either Syston? (That's not a dig its a question)

I hate M*se more than anything in the world. And their fans were being boring ***** all day Sunday. Not any trouble at all just ****ing dull as dishwater.

Viva Brother followed by Peter Doherty in the tiny Festival Republic tent (on at the same time as that bag of toss) was immense though.

I didn't go to either Leeds/reading as I was away on holiday, disappointed at my bad timing as I haven't been able to see MUSE this year and this was my last chance. Here's hoping to a new album out in 2012 followed by a big uk stadium tour.

You have your opinion anyway and I respect that, would have loved to have seen friendly fires too. Is there uk tour sold out?

You have your opinion anyway and I respect that, would have loved to have seen friendly fires too. Is there uk tour sold out?

I don't think so mate, I was searching for tickets the other day, pretty much everywhere apart from the one I wanted (Leeds) seemed to still be available. I'm sure there'll still be one or two dates still going.

Going to a 5 day camping festival in the Aussie Summer, any one got any advice on what to take etc.

Plenty of plastic bags if theres any chance it'll rain. Wellies for the same reason.

If like me you intend on seeing a bollock load of bands rather than just a few here and there you'll not drink as much in the tent as you expect. Leaving the tent first thing in the morning and getting back early doors leaves little time for drinking.