Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Benicassim was fucking brilliant.

First time seeing The Strokes, and it was absolute mayhem from the moment they opened with New York City Cops, new stuff went down well, too. Under Cover of Darkness, You Only Live Once, Reptilia, Juicebox, Someday and Last Night were all unreal. Finished on Take It Or Leave It, by that point we were fucking dripping in sweat and about ready to die. Reasonably near the front and it was packed so, so tight. They were insane, didn't disappoint at all.

Friendly Fires completely smashed it at 3 in the morning, too. They're a class act live, Paris and Jump in the Pool are belters and Kiss of Life was superb live.

Chase and Status was just bloody mental, you know a crowd's rough when you see girls leaving mid-set with towels against their faces to try and stop themselves bleeding and people crying. They were top as well, though.

Surprise of the festival for me was Bombay Bicycle Club, though. They were competing against Mumford and Sons (who I'm not a fan of personally), so the crowd all genuinely wanted to be there and it made their set tonnes better. Always Like This went down a right treat.

All in all it was a fucking top week, and I'd do it again definitely. I just wouldn't camp. Waking up dripping in sweat in 35 degree heat is not comfortable by any means.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Splendour in the grass festival in Australia just got annouced and it's a pretty good line up

Artists playing Splendour 2011:

Coldplay (only Aussie show)

Kanye West (only Aussie show)

Jane's Addiction

The Hives

Pulp

The Living End

The Mars Volta

Regina Spektor (only 2011 show)

Bliss N Eso

Pnau

Mogwai (only Aussie show)

DJ Shadow

Glasvegas

The Grates

Devendra Banhardt

Modest Mouse

The Middle East

Kaiser Chiefs

James Blake

Kele

The Vines

Elbow

Eskimo Joe

Noah And The Whale

Children Collide

Thievery Corporation

Cut Copy

Isobel Campbell And Mark Lanegan

Bluejuice

The Kills

Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears (Featuring The Relatives)

Architecture In Helsinki

Foster The People

The Panics

Friendly Fires

Jebediah

The Vaccines

Gomez

Boy And Bear

Gotye

Does It Offend You Yeah?

Cloud Control

Mona

Sparkadia

Warpaint

Muscles (Live)

Fitz And The Tantrums

The Jezebels

Drapht

British Sea Power

Tim & Jean

Leader Cheetah

Grouplove

Seeker Lover Keeper

Yelle

Kimbra

Phrase

Oh Mercy

Dananananaykroyd

The Black Seeds

Marques Toliver

The Holidays

Ghoul

Liam Finn

The Herd

Young The Giant

Guineafowl

Hungry Kids Of Hungary

Jinja Safari

Wild Beasts

Illy

Cut Off Your Hands

Gareth Liddiard

Alpine

World's End Press

Mosman Alder

Lanie Lane

Plus DJ sets from

Aston Shuffle

Flight Facilities

D-Cup (We No Speak Americano)

Ajax (Mega Jam Set)

Hoodrat & Dangerous Dan

Light Year

Hoops

Cassian

Wax Motif

Kato

Toni Toni Lee

Charlie Chux

Tranter

This was on the other weekend alot off live set were played on the radio and it sounded amaing.

My mates new missus of only 3 months, who i only meet for the first time on Friday got us tickets to Falls festival for new years.....not going to get overly excited incase they break up. Still early days but not overly excited by the line up but so far Artic Monkeys, Crystal Castles, Pnau, Fleet Foxes, The Kooks and The Jezzables. So i'm going to do everything possible to make sure they stay together 3 days camping and 2 days of tunes and a stand up comdian tent should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that, just going V Festival in general. Awful value for money!

Not if you get free tickets through work :cool:

Otherwise though, it's the same price as Reading/Leeds and they're an extra day. Plus they're overpriced anyway. When I first went to Reading less than ten years ago it was £100 (possibly £110, but no more) per ticket. I went to a festival here (the same place james. went to a festival last month) and it cost €80 for a ticket (with three days of music). Factor in flights and it's still cheaper than UK festivals.

100218-Beautiful-Petrcane.jpg

144131.jpg

I'm excluding Glasto from this because that's more than just a festival.

Soundwave is at the Graden, Petrcane, right? I went to Electric Elephant there last year. Such an awesome place for a festival.

Yeah they have 5 or 6 festivals there each year it seems. You're right, the location is absolutely stunning. I'd go there even if there wasn't a festival going on (in fact Zadar which we flew into is meant to be amazing).

Added to that the beer is cheap, there's a massive amount of fit women there, the weather is pretty much nailed on sunshine and you don't have to die in a tent in 35 degree heat (like I did in Exit in Serbia) makes it pretty special.

Only downsides are the site itself is tiny and the club that opens when the stages close is horrific.

Yeah they have 5 or 6 festivals there each year it seems. You're right, the location is absolutely stunning. I'd go there even if there wasn't a festival going on (in fact Zadar which we flew into is meant to be amazing).

Added to that the beer is cheap, there's a massive amount of fit women there, the weather is pretty much nailed on sunshine and you don't have to die in a tent in 35 degree heat (like I did in Exit in Serbia) makes it pretty special.

Only downsides are the site itself is tiny and the club that opens when the stages close is horrific.

Barbarellas? What a filth pit that is. Loved it.

Zadar is lovely. Did you see the sea organ? I think that's the best thing in the world, ever.

Barbarellas? What a filth pit that is. Loved it.

Zadar is lovely. Did you see the sea organ? I think that's the best thing in the world, ever.

I didn't see a sea organ?!

I would recommend fancy dress if you go there again. We dressed up as 12 bananas and a gorilla (the stag) and were absolute heroes all night. Although the gorilla nearly keeled over from heat exhaustion.

I didn't see a sea organ?!

I would recommend fancy dress if you go there again. We dressed up as 12 bananas and a gorilla (the stag) and were absolute heroes all night. Although the gorilla nearly keeled over from heat exhaustion.

Sea_organ_Zadar_3.JPG

There's tubes under the water level that come out the top (so it looks like there's lots of holes on the floor behind the steps). When the waves come in it plays notes depending where the waves hit. It was ace just to sit there in the sun, listening to the sounds.

Edit:

I've found the Wikipedia article which explains it better.

Edited by Alexikokopops

Leeds on Thursday.

Line up alright and pretty much everyone I know is going.

Friendly Fires, Madness, Vaccines, Pulp, Strokes, Two Door, Pete Doherty, Elbow etc. Madness will be, literally, madness. Can't wait.

Edited by ScouseFox

Reading on Thursday with all the polite southerners.

Missus wants to see Two Door Cinema Club and I want to see OFWGKTA which is the worst clash. Midnight Beast / The Strokes is piss annoying too. And wheras theres no real contest i would've liked to have seen Ed Sheeran if he wasn't clashed with The Streets.

Bombay Bicycle Club

Jimmy Eat World

Crystal Castles

The Vaccines

Metronomy

Interpol

The Strokes

Pulp

Peter Doherty

Does It Offend You Yeah?

Top notch, moist with anticipation.

Edited by General Smuts

Leeds was cool.

Pete Doherty smashed it. Strokes were brilliant musically and the crowd was buzzing but they looked like they couldn't wait to just fvck off home, which was disappointing. Madness was brilliant fun, atmosphere was top notch. Friendly Fires were awesome as per, even in the rain.

Also embarrassingly caught the end of Panic! and actually enjoyed it.

All in all, boss weekend.

Leeds was cool.

Pete Doherty smashed it. Strokes were brilliant musically and the crowd was buzzing but they looked like they couldn't wait to just fvck off home, which was disappointing. Madness was brilliant fun, atmosphere was top notch. Friendly Fires were awesome as per, even in the rain.

There isn't much better than seeing an outdoor gig in the rain (as long as it's not freezing cold) people just seem to go a little crazy and just adds to the atmosphere.

If you went to Reading/Leeds and didn't catch Bombay Bicycle Club, you're lame.

The crowd for The Strokes at Reading looked bloody dormant. So poor.

Smashed it like the back door at the Keys household. Unbelievable set.

And The Strokes crowd was pretty tame but the Sunday fans were worse cos it was full of ****ing M*se fans who are obviously ***** with no taste as is but just stood at the front like ****ing lemons. At one point with Friendly Fires playing the lead singer told them all to **** off back so the Fires fans could move forward and have a dance. Bellends, yet another reason to hate that shower of shit.

Highlight of the weekend was busting out the Inbetweeners dance during Friendly Fires with 50 or so people joining in. Immense.

Other Highlights - NFG, JEW, BBC, Tyler the Creator getting nearly swallowed by the crowd, broken leg and all when he steamed into the crowd at OFWGKTA. Madman. Metronomy followed by The Vaccines - immense. The Streets - even with terrible sound, being continually covered in beer, set containing mostly the new album and without being able to see owt cos of people on shoulders, still top notch. Peter Doherty rattling off old Libertines numbers and throwing in 'Tears Dry On Thier Own' as well. Special.

Lowlights - The stage for the final band on Sunday not collapsing and killing them. Missing Ed Sheeran, Two Door Cinema Club, Crystal Castles, Cage The Elephant and The Horrors.

• Like 1

Leeds was cool.

Could not agree more :/

Quality weekend though..best for me were vaccines, noah and the whale, beady eye, frank turner, madness, pulp and elbow

Not impressed by Muse at all.

Smashed it like the back door at the Keys household. Unbelievable set.

And The Strokes crowd was pretty tame but the Sunday fans were worse cos it was full of ****ing M*se fans who are obviously ***** with no taste as is but just stood at the front like ****ing lemons. At one point with Friendly Fires playing the lead singer told them all to **** off back so the Fires fans could move forward and have a dance. Bellends, yet another reason to hate that shower of shit.

Highlight of the weekend was busting out the Inbetweeners dance during Friendly Fires with 50 or so people joining in. Immense.

Other Highlights - NFG, JEW, BBC, Tyler the Creator getting nearly swallowed by the crowd, broken leg and all when he steamed into the crowd at OFWGKTA. Madman. Metronomy followed by The Vaccines - immense. The Streets - even with terrible sound, being continually covered in beer, set containing mostly the new album and without being able to see owt cos of people on shoulders, still top notch. Peter Doherty rattling off old Libertines numbers and throwing in 'Tears Dry On Thier Own' as well. Special.

Lowlights - The stage for the final band on Sunday not collapsing and killing them. Missing Ed Sheeran, Two Door Cinema Club, Crystal Castles, Cage The Elephant and The Horrors.

wow easy on the hostility fella. does everyone really need to be at the front whether your a FF fan or a MUSE fan? dance wherever you can i say. i wasn't at the festival as i was on holiday but from what i've heard from other MUSE fans it wasn't them causing trouble it was fans of other bands (i think Enter Shikari fans were mentioned?!) ruining it for everyone.

Could not agree more :/

Quality weekend though..best for me were vaccines, noah and the whale, beady eye, frank turner, madness, pulp and elbow

Not impressed by Muse at all.

interesting opinion, of which you are entitled to but i'd hazard a guess that you've never listened to Origin Of Symmetry in full so therefore will have never heard many of the tunes from the first half of the set. it's a great album and a fantastic way to celebrate it being 10 years old by playing it in full at their only UK festival appearance. i've seen the bbc3 footage and have to say they nailed it on the 3 OoS songs they showed and then the 2nd half of the set which was full of "hits" seems to be riddled with a few mistakes but tell me a band who havent hit the odd duff note when performing live.

expect more grief but thats all MUSE fans ever get tbh