Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worksopfox

Yann Kermorgant

Serious question

Can Kermorgant speak English?

Aside from that, he looks like he should be a target man played right up front, but he doesnt look any kind of threat in front of goal at all.

To play him effectively, i think you have to get the two wingers and his strike partner closely around him all the time to feed off his scraps. He does win lots of aerial tussles but i think he needs a lot of time to adapt to the cut and thrust of championship football and you dont get that with 20 minutes here and there.

He needs to forge a partnership with someone. I think the way i described would be the most effective

Exactly. Free for a reason the key term. The guy just doesn't seem to be able to make an impact at this level, end of story. He shouldn't be slagged off like McGivern because he's far from hopeless, but on the flipside I find it difficult to see what he adds to the team and why some people still hold out hope for the guy. His scoring record in France was mediocre, and that's probably being kind. I don't see where he's going to find a massive improvement from over the years, he's not a great age for improving for starters. Thanks for the efforts Yann but it hasn't worked, and I'd be surprised if come the end of the season both the player and the club don't go their separate ways.

Careful - Apparently that is racist talk to even think about criticising him. Have you not seen the Youtube Video? He is only young and will get better apparently. 28 is really young, virtually just stepped out of the Youth team, in a new country etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah. :D

If you look at his statistics in French Championship ( LFP League 2 ) and share with fans of Grenoble or Reims, you analyze that Kermit will never be a striker with 24 goals / season but 10 goals and 10 assists, he can be very good just behind Waggy / Fryatt / Vaughan or N'Guessan, not upfront

He is not the successor to Howard, but in competition with Gallagher, but there is much difference he came free, not the first choice

He is best than Gallagher for corners and free kicks

Tactics of Pearson has rarely been to play Kermit a 9 ½

Pearson prefers his head and mildfield defensive capacities

In his ancient teams he had no competition, he was a basic player all around of whom built the game

I remain convinced that this player can bring us much if he plays in his place

Serious question

Can Kermorgant speak English?

Yeah, just not very well. Hardly the root of his problems though. Plenty of premierships 'stars' crack on with piss poor English. Remember seeing an interview with some of the Chelsea team a while back and half of them sounded like they were straight off the boat. Tevez's is shocking as well.

Je le trouve un p'tit peu dérangeant qu'on critique un joueur comme Yann pour son ineffectivité, même si on ignore le temps total qu'il a passé pendant ses matchs. Au moment, il y a plusieurs autre gens qui'il faudra attaquer pour leur passivité. J'ai déjà éxpliqué plusieurs fois que le milieu de terrain constitue notre rayon le plus faible présentement. Quand manque le service pour Kermorgant, bien sûr qu'il n'arrive pas à demonstrer ses qualités . Je pensais que c'était l'intention de le placer derrière les attaquants pour créer plus de danger en allant avant, mais avec le temps limité jusqu'à présent, c'est pas d'miracle que Yann n'a pas eu l'influence désiré. Laissez-le tranquille pour l'instant. Si jamais il jouera un part intégral de l'équipe, naturellement la critique sera justifié. Dès que Yann remplace Howard (qui devrait quitté le club cet été), il devrait reçevoir plus d'opportunités de se présenter plus effectivement.

Yann pour captain!

i think its clear he has good ability but he is crying out for a goal. with a bit of confidence we could see his ability for real

sure, he needs to help himself now. also, important to remember that he has only been a pro for 3/4 years despite being 28 and is still finding his feet.

i'd also heard he suffered from a serious illness hence the late start as a pro. the guy needs experience but more importantly a goal in off his arse to get things moving for him

I really like this guy. He is very good in the air, which is something we really lack. He is a far better player than Howard who comes off the bench, commits some fouls, gets booked and does nothing else. He isn't a right winger and should be the target man, not Waghorn or Gallagher.

Gallaghers quality deliveries with Yann and Waggy as strikers could be a real winner. We need to get behind him (and the rest of the team) and we will see the benefits.

I don't know fans realise, but Kermorgant has only had 9 shots on target and 8 off target.

Compare that amount to Fryatt who has had 54 shots on target and 21 off, and it's no wonder the goal difference is so high.

kermorgant needs to start taking some long range shots, or, shots even.

• 2 weeks later...

Plymouth fan here. I've been a long time reader of these boards since that Holloway debacle. Anyway...

I just thought that I'd direct people to a little Yann Kermorgant write up a friend of mine did for a Championship blog that we run. It marks the start of a Profile-type column that we plan to do each week on a particular player in the league.

While I'm here, I may as well promote our other Leicester posts. There are quite a few since you've been in the hunt for most of the season.

Best of luck with the final few games. I'd love to see you (and Gally) notch a top-six spot.

Je le trouve un p'tit peu dérangeant qu'on critique un joueur comme Yann pour son ineffectivité, même si on ignore le temps total qu'il a passé pendant ses matchs. Au moment, il y a plusieurs autre gens qui'il faudra attaquer pour leur passivité. J'ai déjà éxpliqué plusieurs fois que le milieu de terrain constitue notre rayon le plus faible présentement. Quand manque le service pour Kermorgant, bien sûr qu'il n'arrive pas à demonstrer ses qualités . Je pensais que c'était l'intention de le placer derrière les attaquants pour créer plus de danger en allant avant, mais avec le temps limité jusqu'à présent, c'est pas d'miracle que Yann n'a pas eu l'influence désiré. Laissez-le tranquille pour l'instant. Si jamais il jouera un part intégral de l'équipe, naturellement la critique sera justifié. Dès que Yann remplace Howard (qui devrait quitté le club cet été), il devrait reçevoir plus d'opportunités de se présenter plus effectivement.

Yann pour captain!

One of those sentences Google Translates as: "At the moment, there are several other woman he will attack people for their passivity."

Didn't realise he was brought in to replace Mattock.

Plymouth fan here. I've been a long time reader of these boards since that Holloway debacle. Anyway...

I just thought that I'd direct people to a little Yann Kermorgant write up a friend of mine did for a Championship blog that we run. It marks the start of a Profile-type column that we plan to do each week on a particular player in the league.

While I'm here, I may as well promote our other Leicester posts. There are quite a few since you've been in the hunt for most of the season.

Best of luck with the final few games. I'd love to see you (and Gally) notch a top-six spot.

Thats a really good read

Leicester may have been diddled.
<_<

When you write as much crap is that you do not know the file " Kermorgant ", and just need a business forum

Yann came free, through an initial 6 month contract, his season is difficult to adapt with City

He will have no difficulty reaching a french Premier League club

It's sad and a shame but it is the law of our football

• 2 weeks later...

I was in attendence for the Watford game and I thought Kermorgant played well when he came on, all his passes made contact with the intended target and if i'm not mistaken didn't he also have a crucial little flick on which adams(?) almost scored from.

Utility as a byword for shit

Utility players have the ability to play in several positions naturally. However, the phrase is used most often by managers trying to excuse the signature of a sub-par player.

Sadly, these days referring to a player as a ‘utility man’ heavily implies that he is a bit shit in every position. This is due to years of managers introducing a dubious new signing as ‘a utility player’ and desperately enthusing that ‘he’ll give us options’.

Most of the time a lower league utility player will be handed a start up front and look completely lost, fill in for an injured winger and look lost, come on as a sub in defence and commit a series of clumsy fouls and end up selling programmes.

Yann = Utility player.

I was in attendence for the Watford game and I thought Kermorgant played well when he came on, all his passes made contact with the intended target and if i'm not mistaken didn't he also have a crucial little flick on which adams(?) almost scored from.

no they didn't. he had the perfect oppurtunity to show something when he was through on his own. shat himself and passed the ball to opposition.

To me, Yann looks a good player. He chases back well, good at tackling, superb in the air and works very hard. He is however lacking confidence and we are likely to see more of him in the next 3 games with Howard being suspended. I thought he played well yesterday and just needs a bit of luck in front of goal. There is more to come from him,i'm sure of it. If he was that bad, Pearson wouldn't have extended his contract. Lets get behind the guy!

Can anyone explain what role or position Kermorgrant plays.?

Every time he plays he offers nothing!

I am sure he was bought has a striker, yet always appears to be deep or wide?

<_<

i think primarily he's makin the half time tea & french toast !!!!!!! :whistle:

The man needs to be given more starts to allow him to relax and build up his confidence throughout a 90 minute match and i'm sure he would score.

Not feel totally under so much pressure to produce something in the last 5-20 minutes of a game which most of the time is already done and dusted like Watford.

Saturday was his first appearence of any kind since he started and played an hour of the match at Derby 3 weeks ago, and all he gets from the crowd Saturday is cries of what a shit frog.

Yes he needs to get a goal soon, but at least he's not starting every game and playing week in week out like Fryatt was when he went on an even worse goalscoring run. Kermos goal return of 0 from his appearences is no where near as bad as Fryatts goal return of 6 goals in 81 appearences.

How many times has Kermo started and played the full 90 :dunno: How many times did Fryatt start and play the full 90 in those 81 appearences when he only bagged 6.

People seem to have forgotten how awful Fryatt used to be, week in week out missing piss easy one on ones and looking fat and slow, Kermo needs a chance like Fryatt had.

Archived