Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worksopfox

Yann Kermorgant

Well done Yann. Had an excellent game just beaten to MOTM by Logan imo, lets hope he gets more first team starts next season so he can show us why Pearson signed him.

He's Championship material , won't have chance when we are playing Arsenal,Man u,Chelsea,Liverpool etc.....next season. :scarf::chant:

[quote name='Alexei' date='02 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1272822589' post='1610253'

(Oh well, at least the post count goes up by another 1)

:thumbup:

Another chance at ridiculing your stupid observations of players and post match reports despite listening to the match on the radio. You're embarrassing.

At least they might have some credibility next weekend when you actually go to the match.

Well pleased for Yann to get his first goal for us. Sounds like a good un aswell.

After reading what Pearson had to say about him the other day I had a feeling he would score today and put him on the scoresheet in my prediction bet with the Mrs. Got the score wrong though, I went for 3-1.

What did Pearson have to say about him?

Yann is an asset to the squad - technically very sound and very impressive in the air.

Certainly brings something to the team when involved and showed he can finish yesterday too. Made a few great through balls also, showing his vision in a game is also impressive.

How people can slate him & call him shit is beyond me.

I know it's not vogue on the internet but can't people just have moderate views from time to time?

What's wrong with the idea that Yann Kermorgant is just an average footballer? A footballer who, yes, hasn't quite had time to shine and does look like he has good skill and vision but is never quite going to set the world alight? What's wrong with saying, yeah, he scored a good goal this weekend and I'm glad he's a member of the squad but the fact he's averaged about ten or so goals per season in his career (as a man near his thirties) probably means we shouldn't be expecting a goalscorer of Fryatt's calibre?

He's not particularly shit, he doesn't need to be shipped out at the earliest opportunity but neither is he some unfairly treated messiah just waiting for a chance to explode in a goalscoring fury. We have this habit of making everything so dramatic on here (and I understand that's part of why people post on message boards) but it'd be nice to see, from time to time, just a bit of rational sense.

I know it's not vogue on the internet but can't people just have moderate views from time to time?

What's wrong with the idea that Yann Kermorgant is just an average footballer? A footballer who, yes, hasn't quite had time to shine and does look like he has good skill and vision but is never quite going to set the world alight? What's wrong with saying, yeah, he scored a good goal this weekend and I'm glad he's a member of the squad but the fact he's averaged about ten or so goals per season in his career (as a man near his thirties) probably means we shouldn't be expecting a goalscorer of Fryatt's calibre?

He's not particularly shit, he doesn't need to be shipped out at the earliest opportunity but neither is he some unfairly treated messiah just waiting for a chance to explode in a goalscoring fury. We have this habit of making everything so dramatic on here (and I understand that's part of why people post on message boards) but it'd be nice to see, from time to time, just a bit of rational sense.

You're way saner than you ought to be.

There's people on this forum who think their opinions need to be aired even when they've not seen the game. For the record I'm not one of them.

I've never claimed you are.

I just don't understand how people can write such a "conclusive" report on someone else's opinion

There's people on this forum who think their opinions need to be aired even when they've not seen the game. For the record I'm not one of them.

and there's some people on this forum who seem to get more pleasure out of boringly dragging up the same weary censure of other people than out of the games themselves.

alexei is prone to making statements that sound like he's been at the game, but i guarantee like many of us foxiles do, it is nothing more than stating an opinion based on pooled resources of reportage and what we read from fans on here. As such, in a sense, us non-attending fans provide a neutral filter of all reports, assembling a general understanding of players performances from what we hear, read and see.

seconding someone's opinion is hardly a critique of yann's recent performance, especially as the opinion was actually more the rejection of someone else's opinion that yann is a poor player.

how else are people supposed to interact on a forum [forum - b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas] otherwise, or should the post match thread be reserved exclusively for those in attendance?

get off your high horse, anish, its very boring every week when you start this silly choir of elitism.

Well done yann, never doubted you mate (unlike some people,he'll know who he is when he reads this).

Hope thats the first of many!

Hmmmmm, he did win me some money yesterday so im prepared to give him a little longer!

L'escargot all round

:scarf:

Valerenga, if my posts are boring you, put me on your ignore list. I'm not on any high horse - it's just that people like Alexei and others seem to spout their views on players and performances when they've not seen the game, which in my opinion isn't right.

Do you want to tell me how Yann played yesterday from your vantage point in Oslo too?

As far as I can see it was only me and Tilley who criticized Kermogant after yesterday, and then only mildly. If people disagree with me then fair enough it's only opinions. What's the big deal?

Valerenga, if my posts are boring you, put me on your ignore list. I'm not on any high horse - it's just that people like Alexei and others seem to spout their views on players and performances when they've not seen the game, which in my opinion isn't right.

Do you want to tell me how Yann played yesterday from your vantage point in Oslo too?

ok, i'm not going to put you on ignore - i have no one on ignore - because you post a fair few decent reports from the games, and reports are what i rely on... but you seem to have a bit of a thing about alexei's comments and feel the need to regularly share your displeasure with the whole board, which is rather boring - perhaps you should follow your own advice and put him on ignore.

this particular edition you criticised him for making observations when he wasn't at the game, when he didn't actually make any reference to the game, but was simply agreeing with someone who found it hard to accept that certain fans felt yann didn't have a good game but also that he has only had limited playing time - which based on the match thread and reports, seems to be pretty valid - it's not like he said: 'ooh and i loved it when yann did that little touch and laid the ball off between the two defenders' -

maybe if you'd commented on topic, we'd be able to use your opinion to help create our impressions

perhaps alexei should have just written 'This.'

and from my vantage point in Oslo, and i didn't even have the commentary, i would hazzard a guess theat yann had a pretty good game, and looked a lot more confident after his goal, however he didn't quite look the finished article, whilst he has a good first touch and played a few decent balls to vaughan he still looked a bit lightweight under pressure, before looking kind of ineffective after the introduction of fryatt pushed him deeper...

how's that.

It's pretty obvious to most fans that Yann's got something about him and he's not quite had enough time on the pitch to prove himself. Whenever I've seen him, before yesterday, we've normally got the game won and are soaking up pressure from the opposition and just hoofing it clear and he's living off scraps. He's technically very good and has a great touch, but I think that he just needs more game time to adapt as he is used to having more time on the ball than you get in the Championship. His goal showed exactly what he can do if given the ball to feet and having time to set his sights. People criticised Fryatt for not being good enough before the last 2 seasons and even after last season, though they would not admit it now. Last year and this shows what a difference confidence makes. After a good pre-season and gaining more confidence I'm sure Yann will prove to be an important part of the team and show his true self. :scarf:

Archived