Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worksopfox

Yann Kermorgant

no they didn't. he had the perfect oppurtunity to show something when he was through on his own. shat himself and passed the ball to opposition.

More like he realised he doesn't possess lighting pace. As opposed to running into some cul-de-sac, he attempted to keep the ball.

Hard to criticise him on Saturday.....dropped back well to make the midfield four won tackles, won headers, set up Vaughan for his goal and then Adams. However, same old City support...two poor passes and he's the worst thing since sliced bread.

Much like Maddog I'd like to see him with a pre-season behind him,

More like he realised he doesn't possess lighting pace. As opposed to running into some cul-de-sac, he attempted to keep the ball.

Hard to criticise him on Saturday.....dropped back well to make the midfield four won tackles, won headers, set up Vaughan for his goal and then Adams. However, same old City support...two poor passes and he's the worst thing since sliced bread.

Agreed. It's getting harder and harder to stick up for him but there something there that I like. Pre-season will be key for him assuming he'll still be here, a couple of goals against weak opposition to increase confidence and then see how it goes. I'm not going to write him off yet.

Whenever i've seen him play in the flesh i've been quite impressed with him.

He's never going to be a 20 goal a season man, but I think as a squad Centre Forward (not striker!!) I dont think you'll get any better for free.

It was well documented that he had problems settling in and his family had gone back to France so as fans, we really should cut the guy some slack instead of putting the boot in when he's obviously low on confidence. He's not played that often and when he was come on, it's usually when the game is won and we're not exactly busting a gut to score again. In addition, he's played in a variety of roles (centre forward, central mid, front of the diamond, left midfield) so he's not really had the chance to find his feet. His best period for us was when we played the diamond formation for a few games and this was on the back of him playing regular reserve games.

Since the reserve games dried up, he's not getting any match practice. Add to this the foreign culture, his lack of English (which is reported to be improving) and a niggling injury, to expect him to do any more than he is doing is perhaps a little unrealistic.

From what I've seen of Yann is that he will eventually find his feet i.e. next season. I think NP is gradually settling him into the life of English football but with big Steve out for three games, 'cometh the hour, cometh the man' - as I think that Yann should be given a start as a targetman at Preston.

someone said he didn't put a pass wrong. i corrected them. Why would he need lightning pace when he's on the edge of the box? he's a striker and we already 4-1 or 4-0 up and he made no attempt to even shoot. he attempted to keep the ball and failed miserably. i've been more than willing to give him a shot but don't try and gloss over a major error and put it down to people being negative.

someone said he didn't put a pass wrong. i corrected them. Why would he need lightning pace when he's on the edge of the box? he's a striker and we already 4-1 or 4-0 up and he made no attempt to even shoot. he attempted to keep the ball and failed miserably. i've been more than willing to give him a shot but don't try and gloss over a major error and put it down to people being negative.

Did it lead to a goal then?

I wouldn't start him against Preston, we really need to win that one to guarantee we are in the play offs. If we beat Preston, then start him against Middlesbrough.

Kermorgant has played 90 minutes only about twice, no more than that. The players in training claim that he scores a lot of spectacular goals in the training goals, so he obviously has the ability, same with his goals with Reims - a lot of them were unsave-able, and somewhat outrageous, it seems Kermorgant is a confidence player, the more confident he is, the more he tries, and he has ability to pull some of it off.

No one plays well when their own fans are giving them shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure the figurative flood gates are about to open, but it is nice to see him get his first goal (nicely taken by the sounds of it). We might need him next week...

Yup, a couple of through balls as well but he was mainly poor today.

Mainly poor is a bit harsh. First 20 minutes he couldnt do anything right but after his goal, I though he had a very good game. Strong in the air, good passing, good vision, tackled back and showed a bit more desire than usual.

The bloke is no Lionel Messi but he played well today so credit where it's due.

Guest Mee-9

I'm not one of kermorgants biggest fans, but I think he had a good game today capped off with a brilliant goal.

I think people just like to have a player who they can moan and winge about, he had a good game today, some nice crosses and through balls and just needs to work on his physical attributes because he got caught out a bit from players behind him when he could have held them off.

Was a good strike, he's still shit though.

Yup, a couple of through balls as well but he was mainly poor today.

:blink: Are you actually joking? Yann was one of the stand out performers today. Yes he got caught in posession once I recall, but other than that he played well, with willingness to track back and put in the odd tackle and also with holding up the ball

abit and laying players off also played two great through balls that Vaughan may have put away on another day, scores one of the goals of the season. The guys probably had the equivilent of 6 games of footy this season if you add up all his sub

appearences. JESUS.

:blink: Are you actually joking? Yann was one of the stand out performers today. Yes he got caught in posession once I recall, but other than that he played well, with willingness to track back and put in the odd tackle and also with holding up the ball

abit and laying players off also played two great through balls that Vaughan may have put away on another day, scores one of the goals of the season. The guys probably had the equivilent of 6 games of footy this season if you add up all his sub

appearences. JESUS.

Seconded. The Moan Brigade needs to put on a new disc - the old one's quite worn-out.

Like I said before, Kermorgant's hardly ever had a real opportunity to display his true skills (he's been limited to part-time appearances mostly), so I hope the goal today's shut up a few of those ever-so-gentle critics.

He hasn't Nalis' hair, but he certainly has his flair.

Vas-y, Yann-o!

Seconded. The Moan Brigade needs to put on a new disc - the old one's quite worn-out.

Like I said before, Kermorgant's hardly ever had a real opportunity to display his true skills (he's been limited to part-time appearances mostly), so I hope the goal today's shut up a few of those ever-so-gentle critics.

He hasn't Nalis' hair, but he certainly has his flair.

Vas-y, Yann-o!

You are seconding somebody appraisal of Yann's performance today, yet you weren't even there today.

I thought he did quiet well today, I still have the same opinion as the first thread about him, he has something about him and I'd like to see what he can do with a full pre-season behind him because he was injured when he arrived and their is surely no way he's been fully match fit at any time this season how wide spread his appearances have been.

Looking forward to seeing his goal again tonight, absolute cracker.

Archived