Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worksopfox

Yann Kermorgant

Loved his goal today, top notch.

Thought he had a good game overall, will give him a bit of confidence if he's needed in the playoffs

You are seconding somebody appraisal of Yann's performance today, yet you weren't even there today.

You're critizing someone seconding someone else and then follow it up by the fantastic observation that I wasn't at the match today.

Now that takes some skill.

:appl:

Are you going to the Cardiff home game, Anish?

lol:D

(Oh well, at least the post count goes up by another 1)

:thumbup:

Yann was MOTM along with Wellens for me. He had an outstanding game, especially considering he's had so little game time this season.

His first touch is excellent. Every ball, whether it was to his chest or foot was controlled perfectly and he retained possession very well. He scored a great goal and put in some fantastic throughballs which should have seen Vaughan score. For the first time today, I could see why Pearson signed him. Granted, he's not going to tear up the pitch in the all action style you associate with Waghorn and he's not going to batter opposition defenders like Howard, nor hit the back of the net with the regularity of Fryatt, but he has a great technique, possibly better than all our other forwards. I'd like to think of him as a lower league Cantona, not very all action, a bit nonchalant but with a good touch of skill and ability.

Well pleased for Yann to get his first goal for us. Sounds like a good un aswell.

After reading what Pearson had to say about him the other day I had a feeling he would score today and put him on the scoresheet in my prediction bet with the Mrs. Got the score wrong though, I went for 3-1.

Thought he had a good game today. Particularly when he was up top as we seemed to lose a bit of rhythm when he dropped deeper to accomodate Fryatt's return. Not sure I'd play him next Sunday but he could be useful at some stage.

Looked like a bench clearance when he scored - everyone looked delighted for him. :D

Yann had a good game, less effective when Fryatt came on, forcing him to play central mid & then right wing, Middlesborough then created a few chances. If Fryatt isn't fit to start, Yann should play up front with Waghorn next Sunday, he eclipsed Vaughan who wasn't at the races today, he needs some new studs!!!!!!

One swallow does not make a summer.

Lovely finish, but he looks agricultural at times and given the choice of battering ram type players there is no contest with Howard.

I agree he shows flashes of ability but right now he is no more than a squad player.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Lovely finish, but he looks agricultural at times and given the choice of battering ram type players there is no contest with Howard.

I agree he shows flashes of ability but right now he is no more than a squad player.

He's a different kind of player than Howard, Howard is a target man, Kermorgant is more of a deep lying forward whose good in the air.

Other than the goal I thought he was fairly average. I'm sure there's more to come, but don't see why people are giving him MOTM. Different opinions I guess

I think if you watch the way he controlled the ball today, whether at chest height or to feet, his technique was very good, even when under pressure. He very rarely lost possession today, scored a great goal and played in two very good throughballs which split the Middlesbrough defence and should have resulted in goals.

He's not all action so this gets lost when watching, plus as others have pointed out, when we had Vaughan, Fryatt and Waghorn upfront, he dropped back in to midfield where he was ineffective.

We'll have to see whether this was a one-off, but it was certainly encouraging to know that we have a good squad player there.

:blink: Are you actually joking? Yann was one of the stand out performers today. Yes he got caught in posession once I recall, but other than that he played well, with willingness to track back and put in the odd tackle and also with holding up the ball

abit and laying players off also played two great through balls that Vaughan may have put away on another day, scores one of the goals of the season. The guys probably had the equivilent of 6 games of footy this season if you add up all his sub

appearences. JESUS.

Seconded. The Moan Brigade needs to put on a new disc - the old one's quite worn-out.

Like I said before, Kermorgant's hardly ever had a real opportunity to display his true skills (he's been limited to part-time appearances mostly), so I hope the goal today's shut up a few of those ever-so-gentle critics.

He hasn't Nalis' hair, but he certainly has his flair.

Vas-y, Yann-o!

Well done Yann. Had an excellent game just beaten to MOTM by Logan imo, lets hope he gets more first team starts next season so he can show us why Pearson signed him.

He's had his settling in time now, let's see what he can do after pre-season.

Can't understand how someone can say things about the game when they weren't even there though.

You're critizing someone seconding someone else and then follow it up by the fantastic observation that I wasn't at the match today.

Now that takes some skill.

:appl:

Are you going to the Cardiff home game, Anish?

Do you want to read my post again or do you want to carry on jumping to conclusions? Where have I criticised (we're English so none of that 'z' nonsense) you - I was merely pointing out that you were agreeing with somebody's appraisal of Yann's performance yet you weren't there. Obviously you feel the need to defend yourself from your ridiculous remark by making pathetic digs.

For the record, I can safely say I've been to more Leicester games, both home and away, than you this season. And yes, I'm going to the Cardiff home game and away game if I can get a ticket (I've booked a day off work too). And yes, I know you live or hail from Switzerland so I respect your commitment for going next week, but don't act like you know me when you don't have a clue.

He's had his settling in time now, let's see what he can do after pre-season.

Can't understand how someone can say things about the game when they weren't even there though.

There's people on this forum who think their opinions need to be aired even when they've not seen the game. For the record I'm not one of them.

Do you want to read my post again or do you want to carry on jumping to conclusions? Where have I criticised (we're English so none of that 'z' nonsense) you - I was merely pointing out that you were agreeing with somebody's appraisal of Yann's performance yet you weren't there. Obviously you feel the need to defend yourself from your ridiculous remark by making pathetic digs.

For the record, I can safely say I've been to more Leicester games, both home and away, than you this season. And yes, I'm going to the Cardiff home game and away game if I can get a ticket (I've booked a day off work too). And yes, I know you live or hail from Switzerland so I respect your commitment for going next week, but don't act like you know me when you don't have a clue.

There's people on this forum who think their opinions need to be aired even when they've not seen the game. For the record I'm not one of them.

I never concluded anything. I merely stated that you were having a go at me for seconding somebody else (in this case indirectly defending Yann Kermorgant for the stick he's gotten in the past few weeks and months) and berating me on the worth of my own opinion, making it appear as if it was sort of inferior or second-class at best just because I wasn't at the match.lol

Whether you've been to the match or not, you form your own opinion of a football match your own way and it thus remains what it is - a subjective view (anything wrong with that statement?).

If you take anything that I say that personal, fair enough.

And when it comes to comparing online shlongs, please don't put yourself on the same level as our resident Arsenal fan Tilley.:D

Chill out.

P.S.: And I never once said that I knew you. In fact, I'd like to make it very clear to everybody around that I don't. ;)

Shit, I never knew you weren't allowed to comment in a match thread unless you were at the match :doh:

There's a difference between commenting in a match thread with generic comments like 'great win, great result' etc and forming views on players' performances based on radio commentary when you weren't there.

Archived