Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC-ARAB

Red Dead Redemption

I tried to get this again yesterday but it had sold out. Again.

Not having much luck getting hold of it.

As for the 360 PS3 row, 'the PS3 has potential' - lol

It has had potential since launch but has yet to show it other than one or two stand out exclusives.

While games are produced in the main on both platforms, sadly it never will reach its potential.

As for the blu-ray player argument, you can buy better now. At a much reduced price.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Been struggling to proper get into this, so I'm spending all night on it.

im having exactly the same problem! but after a few hours session its getting better!

dont like the 2nd level of dead eye though, you end up shooting civilians by accident and wasting so much ammo!

Edited by morris1234

The last 6/7 missions after

killing Dutch

are a joke, It's just the

same stuff you were doing at the start at the ranch

Yeah I was waiting for

more stuff once you become jack, it's just boring from then onwards. I got so pissed off at the repetitive missions of sitting on a mexicans horse wagon thing and shooting people off horses

People have completed it already? I thought these games take months to complete. I remember GTA San Andreas on PC took me friggin months. Actually, thinking about it I don't think I ever got to the end.

Decided I'm getting Xbox cos most of me mates have that and should be a laugh with them headset things on multiplayer.

Searching for a copy of this game in the stores isn't fun either...

I've given up and bought SC: Conviction for £25 from Sainsbury's. Should tie me over for a couple of weeks and then trade it for RDR. Assuming I find a copy... lol

Why not just buy it at shopto.net? Same price as in shop and it's next day delivery.... :unsure:

I'm still picking my way through it and still enjoying it (taking a bit longer than some people, but don't get as much time to play as I used to). I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to return to it after I've finished it but for now it is gripping me.

Although..... 3D Dot Game Heroes and ModNation Racers are also tempting me... Must finish RDR first though!

Great game. It does seem like gta on horses, but the

game is brill.

Online is fun, but the free roam isn't as good as reviews say it is. It's not like I haven't got friends to make a posse :) but it's like gta free roam.

The competitive multiplayer is really good, and is my favourite multiplayer so far

Stop spoiling it for me!

Finally got round playing it and I'm impressed. The graphics, the amount of detail, the atmosphere - fantastic. Makes you feel like you're in a Western flick. I have yet to figure out what films the game refers to in the various episodes, but the characters certainly resemble some on-screen personas.

The voice talent fits well, I even spotted one guy's voice from GTA IV.

The "bullet time" shoot mode works well and is definitely a lot of fun.

Hooked on playing Poker and Blackjack, both are highly addictive. Liar's Dice thing ain't my piece of cake (having said that, I won 400 bucks the first time around).

The only downside for my liking are the controls which don't always react the way you want them to - much like in the newer Grand Theft Auto episodes. Jumping and/or moving a horse around ain't really easy - not at the beginning, for sure.

Also, the semi-automatic aim system doesn't work a 100% straight - I've managed to shoot a few innocent bystanders in bigger shootouts by accident, for instance.

And my John Marsden got shot and died a few times because the reloading and/or quick aim controls wouldn't work properly - that's frustrating when you have to start all over again from the last save point.

It also took me a while to figure out the controls for duels.

It's massive and I've yet to complete all the side missions. However, I've just entered Mexico. I reckon I've completed about 40 to 50 percent so far.

Edited by Alexei