Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

That picture was genuinely shown at one of my recent teacher training days about differentiation.

I giggled then too.

Dammit I plus oned you when I meant to reply! I have a strict policy of NOT plus oning anyone with more rep points than me too (and yes, I DO keep tags! What's wrong with that?)

Anyway, the point I wanted to make was this, and I thought it the first time the pic was posted and it applies to real-life taking of exams too - what if the purpose of the exam was to find out who was best at climbing a tree, because what they need is, AND GET THIS, is something that can climb a tree?

Uncanny, huh?

Dammit I plus oned you when I meant to reply! I have a strict policy of NOT plus oning anyone with more rep points than me too (and yes, I DO keep tags! What's wrong with that?)

Anyway, the point I wanted to make was this, and I thought it the first time the pic was posted and it applies to real-life taking of exams too - what if the purpose of the exam was to find out who was best at climbing a tree, because what they need is, AND GET THIS, is something that can climb a tree?

Uncanny, huh?

Ha ha, I genuinely couldn't tell you how many rep points anybody else has! I've no idea if my total of 1491 is decent or awful.....

The training day was quite interesting; the picture shows that each of the animals has their strengths but not all are suited to the same task, so the tasks need to be differentiated in order to give each a fair chance of success.

Ha ha, I genuinely couldn't tell you how many rep points anybody else has! I've no idea if my total of 1491 is decent or awful.....

The training day was quite interesting; the picture shows that each of the animals has their strengths but not all are suited to the same task, so the tasks need to be differentiated in order to give each a fair chance of success.

You've got more than anyone else I think, don't pretend it doesn't matter!

(I'm not really jealous :whistle: )

But in all seriousness, then the picture is fine assuming that it is then followed by an exam for flying, for swimming, for licking your balls (sorry, I couldn't think of anything else that the dog might be uniquely better at than the others), and so on.

Everyone excels at something. I think the problem with modern exams is that they are contrived to make it seem that everyone excels at everything. People seem to be scared to say, "actually, you're crap at that", but instead, allow them to carry on in the misguided belief that they can actually do it (Exhibit A: X-Factor). Of course, ideally the words above should be followed by, "but you're brilliant at this!"

But no. EVERYONE is an A+ student these days! I am of course exaggerating, but I have heard so many stories of employers who recruit by a person's grades, because no one stands out any more (which reminds me of an article that said that 70% (something around that) of schools were classified as "outstanding" - clearly by someone who has no idea of the meaning of outstanding, which is weird, cos if you break it down into it's component parts... but I digress.)

So, funny picture, ha ha, move along, nothing to see.

I'm ranting in the wrong thread again ain't I?

• Like 1