Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

How much of the current difficulties are being caused by fans not complying with the Ground Regulations by not sitting in their purchased seats?

Reading back in the FB threads it is clear that the FB were intended to have [their] own allocated section in the ground

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=67793&st=120

but some people seem to have seats elsewhere and try to join the group. Admittedly, the enforcement by stewards seems draconian but couldnt this contentious issue be avoided by all FB or wannabe FB having tickets in the allocated section in the ground?

Some posters seem unsure where the allocated section is couldnt the club and/or the FB publicise the allocated area?

As some posters have said, cant the FB just concentrate on building up their membership to a critical mass by keeping a relatively low profile by having purchased seats for the FB area and leaving flags, banners and confetti for the future?

Definately with us.

excellent. Bloke in the ticket office didn't make much of a fuss at all, suggests the lad i spoke to one saturday made a mistake with the seat numbers.

quick point though: i don't know where the counting house is, is it alright if i meet you at the ground instead?

excellent. Bloke in the ticket office didn't make much of a fuss at all, suggests the lad i spoke to one saturday made a mistake with the seat numbers.

quick point though: i don't know where the counting house is, is it alright if i meet you at the ground instead?

We'd love it if you could meet you at the counting house, if you can, we can give you directions/tell you where it is if you don't know. However, it's fine to meet us in the ground w/out being in the pub pre-match.

How much of the current difficulties are being caused by fans not complying with the Ground Regulations by not sitting in their purchased seats?

Reading back in the FB threads it is clear that the FB were intended to “have [their] own allocated section in the ground”

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=67793&st=120

but some people seem to have seats elsewhere and try to join the group. Admittedly, the enforcement by stewards seems draconian but couldn’t this contentious issue be avoided by all FB or wannabe FB having tickets in “the allocated section in the ground”?

Some posters seem unsure where the allocated section is – couldn’t the club and/or the FB publicise the allocated area?

As some posters have said, can’t the FB just concentrate on building up their membership to a critical mass by keeping a relatively low profile by having purchased seats for the FB area and leaving flags, banners and confetti for the future?

In reality, this may be our best option. The problem was with the stewarding which as you quite rightly say was draconian. There are a number of fans who have joined us who were not officially allocated in that section, though the abundance of empty seats around us meant this caused no real problems until this week when the stewards were clearly told to ensure everybody in the section was supposed to be there. Just doing their job or enforcing something that had in the past survived a laissez-faire approach, you decide. The problem with the flag was stranger still however. Away fans bring much larger flags every week without the need for a fire safety certificate, and the flag in question this week had been at every home game all season, yet the stewards chose now to raise an issue with it. Again, probably not the stewards themselves but further up in the chain of command was where the responsibility lay for the hard-line approach.

I agree with your point about the numbers needing to grow before we can bring in the related paraphernalia as well, the hard-line approach has failed up to now so we need to be more considered from here on in. So those of you wanting to join the FBs and make them a success, please move your tickets OFFICIALLY to the relevant area. I'm sure if you don't know anyone on here you can ask, the ticket office staff will know where we are.

Thanks for the constructive advice by the way.

1980, Orient away when we clinched the old second division championship title. Thousands upon thousands of City fans that day many of which didn't pay to get in after 'leaning' on a padlocked gate :whistle:

Can't see me but I was standing just behind that fence. Happy days :D

That was my first away game :D . The police there fooking brutal.

The only home game I've been to this season is Hull and we had 6 tickets. SK1, Row NN, with all seats in the 40s.

We got in the ground just before kick-off and found that our seats were smack in the middle of the Fosse Boys. Not being arsed to try and claim our seats we just moved to the next block (G) and stood on the back row of that.

The point being, if that's your central location then, certainly at the Hull game, very few of you are in your allocated seat or the club are selling tickets in an area they know is already being used.

If we'd have been a group of awkward twats we could have easily had you moved on by the stewards. I'm sure the club would have loved that too.

The only home game I've been to this season is Hull and we had 6 tickets. SK1, Row NN, with all seats in the 40s.

We got in the ground just before kick-off and found that our seats were smack in the middle of the Fosse Boys. Not being arsed to try and claim our seats we just moved to the next block (G) and stood on the back row of that.

The point being, if that's your central location then, certainly at the Hull game, very few of you are in your allocated seat or the club are selling tickets in an area they know is already being used.

If we'd have been a group of awkward twats we could have easily had you moved on by the stewards. I'm sure the club would have loved that too.

Fair play, were you the ones with the Sven masks on?

I spent 70 minutes there today, and every home league game between Blackpool 2007 and Reading 2010.

Let's just say I don't much care for "We heard you ran from the/You're just a small town in Blackpool" and "Yuki, he'll eat your ****ing dog".

Let's just say not everyone cares for waving scarves around and singing songs that don't relate to Leicester as well as "european" based songs.

Just to make clear, the club are claiming that a group charter has been agreed to and signed by the Fosse Boys. This is not the case.

However I'll leave 1964Fox to explain more about this situation as he's been the main person working with the club on this.

Let's just say not everyone cares for waving scarves around and singing songs that don't relate to Leicester as well as "european" based songs.

Which is why I'd rather be in SK1 than L1. You stick to your principles where you want to stand, and I'll stick to mine. I know you're better than to come out with shit like that.

Just to make clear, the club are claiming that a group charter has been agreed to and signed by the Fosse Boys. This is not the case.

However I'll leave 1964Fox to explain more about this situation as he's been the main person working with the club on this.

Yes. I heard that on RL Phone In and wondered whether that was true.

What's your take on FB sitting in the allocated area and publicising that area on FoxesTalk so people can't get into trouble with the stewards?

Which is why I'd rather be in SK1 than L1. You stick to your principles where you want to stand, and I'll stick to mine. I know you're better than to come out with shit like that.

Why is that statement 'shit'? Seems perfectly valid to me.

Why is that statement 'shit'? Seems perfectly valid to me.

Because I was responding to a post implying that we should merge back into L and K when I and probably some others left for a reason. I simply stated my reason why I have no interest in returning there, he seems to be saying that I feel that L1 should act like us. Which is not the case.

Yes. I heard that on RL Phone In and wondered whether that was true.

What's your take on FB sitting in the allocated area and publicising that area on FoxesTalk so people can't get into trouble with the stewards?

I think where we congregate is well publicised enough on FT. There is no "allocated area" as such but if people want to stand/sit with us then yes, they should have tickets for that part of the ground. I have no complaints about that.

Because I was responding to a post implying that we should merge back into L and K when I and probably some others left for a reason. I simply stated my reason why I have no interest in returning there, he seems to be saying that I feel that L1 should act like us. Which is not the case.

To be honest with you mate, it seems more like Bert was saying that he enjoys the atmosphere in L1 whereas you and a lot of us FBs don't. Personal taste I suppose, neither's 'better' or 'worse' than the other, it's entirely subjective.

To be honest with you mate, it seems more like Bert was saying that he enjoys the atmosphere in L1 whereas you and a lot of us FBs don't. Personal taste I suppose, neither's 'better' or 'worse' than the other, it's entirely subjective.

If you think so, but I can only go by the context of what I was replying to.

I think where we congregate is well publicised enough on FT. There is no "allocated area" as such but if people want to stand/sit with us then yes, they should have tickets for that part of the ground. I have no complaints about that.

I thought that having an "allocated area" was part of the deal with the club - Bilo talks about a "relevant area".

As an outsider looking on why can't FB at least get some agreement with the club on your territory then you can enjoy the game without battling with the stewards on where you can or cannot stand/sit. FB seem to wallowing in some sort of victimisation trip.

I thought that having an "allocated area" was part of the deal with the club - Bilo talks about a "relevant area".

As an outsider looking on why can't FB at least get some agreement with the club on your territory then you can enjoy the game without battling with the stewards on where you can or cannot seat. FB seem to wallowing in some sort of victimisation trip.

It hasn't been officially allocated/segregated by ourselves or the club, but the stewards seemed pretty intent on enforcing the allocated seat policy with a vigour like never before. As I've said, all people need to do in future if this is to be a long-term policy is move or purchase their tickets near where we base ourselves, (roughly SK1, KK back, in the 40s in terms of seat numbers) and we shouldn't encounter such problems.

As for 'wallowing in a victimisation trip', trust us, we'd much rather be let alone to support the team than have another 10 pages of this thread devoted to the club's latest iron-fisted approach.

It hasn't been officially allocated/segregated by ourselves or the club, but the stewards seemed pretty intent on enforcing the allocated seat policy with a vigour like never before. As I've said, all people need to do in future if this is to be a long-term policy is move or purchase their tickets near where we base ourselves, (roughly SK1, KK back, in the 40s in terms of seat numbers) and we shouldn't encounter such problems.

As for 'wallowing in a victimisation trip', trust us, we'd much rather be let alone to support the team than have another 10 pages of this thread devoted to the club's latest iron-fisted approach.

Thanks for explaining the position re allocated area. At least you have specified the area whereas Fosse Boy didn't in his post. I can see how much effort and time is being put into things. Since the club is hopefully getting into an exciting period again I hope you can feel comfortable in watching the team even if it means putting some of the broader aims on the back burner for a spell. Your negotiating position will build as your numbers build.

Fair play, were you the ones with the Sven masks on?

Ha, yeah that was us. We only booked the tickets the night before so was very much a last-minute thing.

I was aware you guys were near the back and wanted to be around there to see how it was all going as well as getting far enough up to be able to stand.

I just wasn't expecting seats in middle of it all lol as I thought they would have already been sold. In the end it didn't matter but it would have been a problem if there wasn't as many empty seats around.

And as I said before - from what I can gather, the club would have loved being able to legitimitely split you up...

Archived