Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

Because it's not really all that much fun being treated that way.

And i completely understand that. They shouldn't have took the confetti off you, of all things, it tiny pieces of paper, which wouldn't hurt a fly (literally). But it is what you make it. IF it doesn't work out, just go back to original seats, presuming most were in L1, there is nothing stopping you still being a group, it will just mean you blend in a little.

Best of luck anyway.

Someone starts singing a song people join in with it or they don't

The four row boys could move into back of K or the next one along because L1 is all season ticket, turn up and start some songs going

All of L1 and K and half that stand will join in be a better atmosphere and a wider variety of songs, much like away days

If the Quidich rugby types don't like the fact a chav has started a song that contains sub standard poor form old chap banter then don't join in with that song

Simplez ©

Ahhh for pen3,2 and 1 filbert street....those were the days my friend

Whatever you do, I would make a decision as a group. Less "I" and more "we."

Don't get me wrong, I fully respect that you need to put your own happiness and your own wants ahead of any supporters group but if the Fosse Boys is something you're truly enjoying then the lot of you need to stay united.

That doesn't mean united against the club because, if you're not careful, that's a battle that'll just see you either squashed or become a nuisance to other supporters who'll begin to see you more and more as just a collection of trouble-makers (I iterate my point, the club are a much more mighty PR machine than you are.)

Stick together, stick as one, make your decisions as one and ultimately try and push on in some form or other. Just be intelligent with what you do. And, moreover, remember that Rome Wasn't Built In A Day - you don't need to turn the Walkers into the Westfalenstadion over night; if it takes you a couple of seasons to get even a hundred extra people singing a few "Ultra" songs then you're still making tidy progress.

The group, so far as I see it, aren't united. There is no "we", it's a collection of factions within an umbrella name - a point I think is best illustrated by the fact that a few walked out today in protest at the treatment of their own whereas others stayed in. That's not to say one is any better or more right than others, but it highlights a clear difference in unity and "principles", as it were. Unless that kind of fundamental issue can be overcome in the groups infancy when numbers are low, I fail to see how the group can continue to grow without becoming massively divided.

The Fosse Boys, as much as they're atmosphere-orientated, made it clear that they wanted "like-minded" people who were against the whole concept of Modern Football and would be willing to stand up for each other and what they believed in on a large scale. To date, that hasn't happened - not against Reading and not today. If we're honest, it'll only get worse as the group gets bigger.

Between me and you, it's not much fun having to listen to Stringer waffle on, either.

And believe me, you can't turn your interest in the City off.

I know full well you can't turn your interest in City off, and I've been getting heavy withdrawal symptoms this season which has led to me now attending Barnsley away next season. But I don't feel as though not attending home games has really changed my life drastically or made it any less pleasurable. I've attended 2 home games this season and been hounded by stewards at both of them; it reminded me first-hand why I'd stopped going in the first place and it's seemingly getting no better.

I know full well you can't turn your interest in City off, and I've been getting heavy withdrawal symptoms this season which has led to me now attending Barnsley away next season. But I don't feel as though not attending home games has really changed my life drastically or made it any less pleasurable. I've attended 2 home games this season and been hounded by stewards at both of them; it reminded me first-hand why I'd stopped going in the first place and it's seemingly getting no better.

With the greatest respect, Jamie, I've always felt your stance on your self-imposed exile somewhat smacked of denial.

I don't know you as a person beyond your posting and I won't sit here and argue with you about it or have the audacity to judge you over Foxes Talk. But if you're sincerely claiming you're just as happy not going to games as you would be if you got to watch your side regularly then you're either kidding yourself or trying to kid us for the sakes of your pride.

I don't believe you. Sorry. You're not a robot and you've clearly got a big love of the game.

With the greatest respect, Jamie, I've always felt your stance on your self-imposed exile somewhat smacked of denial.

I don't know you as a person beyond your posting and I won't sit here and argue with you about it or have the audacity to judge you over Foxes Talk. But if you're sincerely claiming you're just as happy not going to games as you would be if you got to watch your side regularly then you're either kidding yourself or trying to kid us for the sakes of your pride.

I don't believe you. Sorry. You're not a robot and you've clearly got a big love of the game.

Fair play Finners, that's up to you. Don't get me wrong, in an ideal world I'd be attending Leicester games every weekend. But in the current climate with overpriced tickets, a sterile atmosphere and the one chance of creating an atmosphere that I myself would like to be part of being harshly treated by the powers that be for every conceivable reason, it's just not for me. I don't know how I could claim to be happy doing something at great expense to myself (especially considering I'm hardly "well off") when all it does is make me miserable and feel victimised.

I've admitted that I'm getting big withdrawal symptoms, which is why I'm going to Barnsley next week and could potentially be going to Bristol City as well. I've no problem with away games; away from home, I'm in great company and enjoy a top day out over a few beers whilst largely being left to my own devices (Southampton, Middlesborough and Crystal Palace aside).

I think, for me personally, until the 1-man power-trip is completely cut from our club and things begin to change for the better, I will continue to stay away from home games and be happy in the knowledge that I'm saving money by avoiding something that would cause me to be miserable more than it would contented. The money it'd cost me for attending 3 or 4 home games would pay for my flights on a trip to Germany. The cost of a season ticket would pay for a Thursday - Monday, 3-game trip out there. If I'm honest with myself, I know what'd be more enjoyable for me.

I can honestly (and I know you probably won't believe me for reasons you stated in your own post) say that the thought of going to the Walkers does nothing to actively excite me. Nothing at all.

As someone who knows Jamie very well, that above is all completely true, no doubt. Same can be said about C-Man and Ched and to a lesser extent myself and many others who wouldn't even contemplate missing a game around 2006-09 area.

You certainly can switch on and off in terms of support.

just get in and around L1

Been there. Got the t-shirt. It's not all that.

What happened to the Fosse Boys today, well, I'm sorry if it comes across wrong, but all those who walked out, fair play on doing what the club wanted.

For the record, I would have told you in person if you'd hung around. I would have also kicked your arses back into the stands.

If you want to make a difference to the "matchday experience", walking out at the first, second or third hint of trouble with the club is not going to help your cause. If you truly want to change things, you keep on plugging away at what you're doing. You ignore criticism from the club, and you ignore criticism from your own fans. There was a change in that area after the stewards waded in; fans were moving from different parts of the ground to join you. THAT'S where fan solidarity lies; not in petulance. But some of you weren't there to see it, which is disappointing.

I hoped you'd be made of sterner stuff.

Serious question; how big were these bags of confetti?! Are we talking industrial sacks or small, palm sized things? Could be a factor in that steward's decision...? Massive bag of kindling-esque material floating around? Probably not that clever...

Agree with Lisa too; you boys and girls have gotta be made of sterner stuff. Walking out in twos and threes smacks of little kids not getting their way. IMO.

But the club have illustrated that they really aren't likely to change their tune. :dunno:

They want you to sit down, clap and sing and do not a lot else. As long as you're doing more than that they're going to continue to make an example out of you to try and get the point across to everyone else in the ground that there are strict health and safety regulations in place.

You're giving them a weapon, in essence, with which to try and tame the rest of the crowd.

Unfortunately I can't explain everything that has happened between the group and the club as that would not be professional, but promises were made and a verbal agreement on how we would conduct the process between the club and the group has been set up. There have been promises of allowing other things in addition to singing and standing (but not persistantly). I have a god knowledge of Health and Safety legislation so I know where the issues are but it is the 'ambush' tactics that were used that have upset me. My expectationis that both parties keep to agreements and discuss issues prior to any negative action being taken.

Bilo DO NOT GIVE UP The group will take a long time to grow to decent numbers, we will have issues and face hurdles from the club but it can work if we persevere. The extras like flags will come but we must not buckle at the first sign of a problem. You had left the ground when 4 older fans tried to join us as they believed we had been treated badly. The stewards stopped them but when it was 20 joining us they relented and let them all come over. By the end of the game there was at least 50 people standing and singing with the Fosse Boys. If they had left us alone there would have been 25 - own goal

Warning - Confetti may combust spontaneously keep children clear.

Been there. Got the t-shirt. It's not all that.

What happened to the Fosse Boys today, well, I'm sorry if it comes across wrong, but all those who walked out, fair play on doing what the club wanted.

For the record, I would have told you in person if you'd hung around. I would have also kicked your arses back into the stands.

If you want to make a difference to the "matchday experience", walking out at the first, second or third hint of trouble with the club is not going to help your cause. If you truly want to change things, you keep on plugging away at what you're doing. You ignore criticism from the club, and you ignore criticism from your own fans. There was a change in that area after the stewards waded in; fans were moving from different parts of the ground to join you. THAT'S where fan solidarity lies; not in petulance. But some of you weren't there to see it, which is disappointing.

I hoped you'd be made of sterner stuff.

The thing is we seem to be getting more thrown obstacles at us every week.We cant compete,there's too few of us. I admit defeat.

Serious question; how big were these bags of confetti?! Are we talking industrial sacks or small, palm sized things? Could be a factor in that steward's decision...? Massive bag of kindling-esque material floating around? Probably not that clever...

Agree with Lisa too; you boys and girls have gotta be made of sterner stuff. Walking out in twos and threes smacks of little kids not getting their way. IMO.

bout half a regular supermarket carrier bag full.

Unfortunately I can't explain everything that has happened between the group and the club as that would not be professional, but promises were made and a verbal agreement on how we would conduct the process between the club and the group has been set up. There have been promises of allowing other things in addition to singing and standing (but not persistantly). I have a god knowledge of Health and Safety legislation so I know where the issues are but it is the 'ambush' tactics that were used that have upset me. My expectationis that both parties keep to agreements and discuss issues prior to any negative action being taken.

Bilo DO NOT GIVE UP The group will take a long time to grow to decent numbers, we will have issues and face hurdles from the club but it can work if we persevere. The extras like flags will come but we must not buckle at the first sign of a problem. You had left the ground when 4 older fans tried to join us as they believed we had been treated badly. The stewards stopped them but when it was 20 joining us they relented and let them all come over. By the end of the game there was at least 50 people standing and singing with the Fosse Boys. If they had left us alone there would have been 25 - own goal

Warning - Confetti may combust spontaneously keep children clear.

seriously? damn it, though the stewards were still going all nightclub bouncer on fans.

Two small (those free ones) carrier bags less than half full, seriously not enough to constitute a fire hazard. If my jacket caught fire it would burn longer and be more dangerous.

Not read the last couple of pages, reading is hard when you have a splitting headache but I just can't understand why people clearly have so little going on in their lives that they are actually offended by the Fosse Boys. Tragic.

The thing is we seem to be getting more thrown obstacles at us every week.We cant compete,there's too few of us. I admit defeat.

Obstacles should strengthen your resolve, make you stronger. You walk out, you're giving in. dunno.gif

Okay, you're relatively small now, but who's to say it won't grow? When people in that section realised that the stewards were acting unreasonably, a fair few who were further down got behind the cause. so's to speak. If you keep on plugging away, keep on singing when it seems like no-one else is, then you'll grow. If you throw the towel in now, you'll never know if it would ever have worked or not.

Not read the last couple of pages, reading is hard when you have a splitting headache but I just can't understand why people clearly have so little going on in their lives that they are actually offended by the Fosse Boys. Tragic.

i'm not convinced they are actually offended by the fosse boys, i think more disappointed they haven't stood up for themselves and really just complied with the clubs attempts to snuff them out.

i'm not convinced they are actually offended by the fosse boys, i think more disappointed they haven't stood up for themselves and really just complied with the clubs attempts to snuff them out.

Some maybe. But I've read comments which say 'jog on FB/ fvck off it's boring blah blah blah' and I honestly can't get my head round it. At the risk of some rubes accusing me of dictating people's opinions, people should either support them or be completely apathetic towards them. How they can create such vitriol is just baffling me.

Some maybe. But I've read comments which say 'jog on FB/ fvck off it's boring blah blah blah' and I honestly can't get my head round it. At the risk of some rubes accusing me of dictating people's opinions, people should either support them or be completely apathetic towards them. How they can create such vitriol is just baffling me.

When they say they are boring, i think they are referring to all the hype they get and such. I agree with you though, why would people 'attack' a group which are only trying to boost the atmosphere.

Goldeneye screening at half 11 if your here tonight Bishop.

Not saying it's my opinion, but maybe they dislike the 'European style' of support? Maybe they thinking jumping up and down is stupid? Maybe some people don't like that people are trying to change the way they've supported the club for decades?

Not saying it's my opinion, but maybe they dislike the 'European style' of support? Maybe they thinking jumping up and down is stupid? Maybe some people don't like that people are trying to change the way they've supported the club for decades?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion I guess. If that's what we want to do then leave us to it, that's all we ask of the club.

There's no rule book on how to support Leicester City. If the Fosse Boys choose to jump around for 90 minutes then so be it, whereas if others want to sit down for 90 minutes then it's their decision. Perhaps the major problem with football in this country is that fans don't have the right to choose which is something that the Fosse Boys are hoping will change. Why berate us for wanting to support our club in a European way? At the end of the day, we're all Leicester City fans, we're all there to support our team. The Fosse Boys respect the European culture of having fun at football; singing and bouncing, whereas we also respect that others may choose not to follow that. It's all a matter of choice.

As a Fosse Boy, I'm extremely grateful for the support that we continue to receive, and also any constructive criticism that comes our way. All I ask of fellow supporters is that they don't shoot us down before we've been given a chance to shine.

As many people have mentioned in this thread, the lack of unity within the Fosse Boys is apparent and that is something that must be changed in order for the group to become successful. We will be working on this.

Archived