Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

We'd love it if you could meet you at the counting house, if you can, we can give you directions/tell you where it is if you don't know. However, it's fine to meet us in the ground w/out being in the pub pre-match.

found where the counting house is, what sort of time do you usually get there for and leave there from?

Who was the nobhead on the train in the black polo top yesterday? If you can't take criticism then what are you doing in a group that some people aren't going to like? No-one else let it bother them and just carried on. I hope you felt really hard calling a 15 year old a willy puller, and a fucking cunt.

Grow up.

Who was the nobhead on the train in the black polo top yesterday? If you can't take criticism then what are you doing in a group that some people aren't going to like? No-one else let it bother them and just carried on. I hope you felt really hard calling a 15 year old a willy puller, and a fooking ****.

Grow up.

I know him Rob, he'd had wayy too much to drink, a lot more than he should have; not that I'm excusing his behaviour (nor was I anywhere near it for that matter). Your post doesn't quite tell the whole story though mate.

Throughout the 2nd half, all the people in the cage at the back of the stand and people on rows around that seemed to take great pleasure in singing things like "jump up if you hate Fosse Boys" and "if you all hate the Fosse Boys clap your hands". I know I heard a few renditions of these songs on the train back as well.

Now, evidently if the Fosse Boys had been singing songs like this about other fans and targeting a specific group of fans in a negative way there'd have been uproar on here and accusations they were being elitist, arrogant, wankers, cvnts and properly out of order for attacking their own fans. I don't see how it becomes "criticism" and people merely not liking them just because it's anti-Fosse Boys? It's attacking your own fans and antagonistic all the same, which makes it equally unacceptable. In my opinion, of course.

Yes, it probably wasn't handled in the best of ways by one of the members of the group, but there'd have been no problems without the antagonistic "banter" of a fair few of lairy kids.

I know him Rob, he'd had wayy too much to drink, a lot more than he should have; not that I'm excusing his behaviour (nor was I anywhere near it for that matter). Your post doesn't quite tell the whole story though mate.

Throughout the 2nd half, all the people in the cage at the back of the stand and people on rows around that seemed to take great pleasure in singing things like "jump up if you hate Fosse Boys" and "if you all hate the Fosse Boys clap your hands". I know I heard a few renditions of these songs on the train back as well.

Now, evidently if the Fosse Boys had been singing songs like this about other fans and targeting a specific group of fans in a negative way there'd have been uproar on here and accusations they were being elitist, arrogant, wankers, cvnts and properly out of order for attacking their own fans. I don't see how it becomes "criticism" and people merely not liking them just because it's anti-Fosse Boys? It's attacking your own fans and antagonistic all the same, which makes it equally unacceptable. In my opinion, of course.

Yes, it probably wasn't handled in the best of ways by one of the members of the group, but there'd have been no problems without the antagonistic "banter" of a fair few of lairy kids.

Where do people get off, attacking fellow Foxes on what should have been a quality day out?

I can guess where the idea of singing anti-Fosse Boys songs came from, though - a certain area of the Walkers not hitherto known for having many ideas at all.

I 100% agree with the main premise of your post - no Leicester City fans should attack, verbally or otherwise, their own fans.

However, as childish as it may be, I think the chanting against the FB may be retaliation by some of our fans at the way they perceive the FB to be operating, in a 'tit for tat' way. In particular, it could be the now infamous Portsmouth chant, the misguided chanting against some of our fans against West Brom, or maybe just the idea of the FB.

Now, this is totally not on and I'm 100% not condoning the actions of those fans, but I can (just) sympathise with the sentiment. The way they went about expressing it was totally in the wrong way though and not something we need to see or hear.

Where do people get off, attacking fellow Foxes on what should have been a quality day out?

I can guess where the idea of singing anti-Fosse Boys songs came from, though - a certain area of the Walkers not hitherto known for having many ideas at all.

This being a case of a) massive hypocrisy and b) a reason why the FB might be receiving criticism.

It was abit of harmless banter.

Whats different to the 'We're the right side' chant, then calling the other side a willy puller if the fail to respond ;) Its banter.

Ps:

If it ruined their day, being supposedly 'attacked', people need to reconsider their commitment in the group, it was only banter.

This being a case of a) massive hypocrisy and b) a reason why the FB might be receiving criticism.

Or it may just be that a certain section of the fanbase feel their self-proclaimed position as the voice of City fans are undermined by the existence and the activities of the FB.

It's another fair guess (which I hope folk who were at Oakwell yesterday can confirm) that the same people attacking the FB will have been the ones repeating the tired (though still offensive) racist crap about Yuki Abe.

I 100% agree with the main premise of your post - no Leicester City fans should attack, verbally or otherwise, their own fans.

However, as childish as it may be, I think the chanting against the FB may be retaliation by some of our fans at the way they perceive the FB to be operating, in a 'tit for tat' way. In particular, it could be the now infamous Portsmouth chant, the misguided chanting against some of our fans against West Brom, or maybe just the idea of the FB.

Now, this is totally not on and I'm 100% not condoning the actions of those fans, but I can (just) sympathise with the sentiment. The way they went about expressing it was totally in the wrong way though and not something we need to see or hear.

I would say that's fair, if it was in retaliation for the Portsmouth thing it'd have been (slightly) more understandable, however from my viewpoint (in the ground, anyway) they were not the kinds of people who would even remember what Portsmouth fans were like during our administration period let alone what happened at the away leg in the playoffs; by that I mean age-wise not intelligence! If I had to attempt to justify it, I'd probably say it'd be a combination of the West Brom incident (which was dealt with swiftly by a member of the Fosse Boys in killing it off if memory serves me correctly), a fear of the unknown and the fact that they may have heard smatterings of people around the ground saying things in a similar vein and thought it'd be the fashionable thing to do.

Either way, it's not something we should be hearing irrespective of what's gone on before, especially during such a good performance and more importantly a win for the team we all support!

It was abit of harmless banter.

Whats different to the 'We're the right side' chant, then calling the other side a willy puller if the fail to respond ;) Its banter.

Ps:

If it ruined their day, being supposedly 'attacked', people need to reconsider their commitment in the group, it was only banter.

Errrmmm... It barely qualifies as banter and if I had to categorise it as banter, I'd say it was either "shit banter" or a complete failure - as I would that ridiculous shit "left side, right side" chant. I agree that if it upsets people they need to reflect this morning and see they reacted a bit badly, but others need to be equally reflective in seeing that an "attack" of sorts on our own fans will only get people's backs up in the long run.

For what it's worth, the majority of the Fosse Boys in attendance brushed it off and took no notice, and then sung Leicester songs.

EDIT: Those abusing the Fosse Boys did sing about Abe, but then so did a fairly sizeable number of people on the other side of the stand. Thankfully it didn't take off so well and was quickly drowned out by a pro-Leicester song. :thumbup:

Or it may just be that a certain section of the fanbase feel their self-proclaimed position as the voice of City fans are undermined by the existence and the activities of the FB.

It's another fair guess (which I hope folk who were at Oakwell yesterday can confirm) that the same people attacking the FB will have been the ones repeating the tired (though still offensive) racist crap about Yuki Abe.

My point is that YOU'RE attacking your fellow fan too!

And no, that's just your opinion. You must remember that the FB are hardly universally popular.

First and foremost I'd like to apologise for my actions on the train yesterday, i'd had, as jme says, far too much to drink and was being a cvnt. However, it really pissed me off how the team we all support and love has certain people amongst it's support who get something out of singing about there hatred of other fans, we'd just won 2-0 awn iay from home and turned in a brilliant perfomance. We should all be singing in support of our club not about other fans.

Epic is the best word to describe yesterday, thought our support was fairly decent on the whole with plenty of noise from everyone. Much more like it should be in my opinion. The incident on the train, if you can call it that, was nothing that should have concerned anyone. Call it banter, call it abusing fellow fans, call it whatever you like, it didn't and was never going to amount to anything of note which is why most of the Fosse Boys ignored it and carried celebrating a great result and performance.

Superb banter and drinking fun had pre and post match, and I'm struggling after 4 hours sleep if I'm honest. I'm also glad the Devonshire Cat isn't my local, otherwise bye bye student loan. Celebrating the goals in Sheffield Union was a mildly bizarre moment, a night of cheesy music and plenty of Jagerbomb action to round off a quality weekend.

I don't know the whole backstory, but recently, it's come to my attention that some (yes, only some) elements within the Fosse Boys also take pride in singing abusive chants and having a go at other Foxes fans for not wanting to join in, as it seems to have been the case yesterday.

Hopefully, they're a neglectable minority.

Because, in essence, I've got nothing but sympathies for what the FB stand for.

I hope you as a group can sort this out and make your movement an even more enjoyable experience.

Epic is the best word to describe yesterday, thought our support was fairly decent on the whole with plenty of noise from everyone. Much more like it should be in my opinion. The incident on the train, if you can call it that, was nothing that should have concerned anyone. Call it banter, call it abusing fellow fans, call it whatever you like, it didn't and was never going to amount to anything of note which is why most of the Fosse Boys ignored it and carried celebrating a great result and performance.

Superb banter and drinking fun had pre and post match, and I'm struggling after 4 hours sleep if I'm honest. I'm also glad the Devonshire Cat isn't my local, otherwise bye bye student loan. Celebrating the goals in Sheffield Union was a mildly bizarre moment, a night of cheesy music and plenty of Jagerbomb action to round off a quality weekend.

Or get chucked off the train for being accussed of 'abusing fellow passengers'.

Note the word of accused, I'd have done well to have abuse any fellow passengers as I didn't say a word to anyone but my mate, just sat having a beer.

I don't know the whole backstory, but recently, it's come to my attention that some (yes, only some) elements within the Fosse Boys also take pride in singing abusive chants and having a go at other Foxes fans for not wanting to join in, as it seems to have been the case yesterday.

Hopefully, they're a neglectable minority.

Because, in essence, I've got nothing but sympathies for what the FB stand for.

I hope you as a group can sort this out and make your movement an even more enjoyable experience.

With all due respect Alex, what the **** are you actually talking about? Nobody in the Fosse Boys sang anything abusive yesterday at or about other fans, it was 100% the other way round and 1 lad from the Fosse Boys snapped back on the train. Unless I've completely misinterpreted your post, you appear to have got the wrong end of the stick on this occasion..

With all due respect Alex, what the **** are you actually talking about? Nobody in the Fosse Boys sang anything abusive yesterday at or about other fans, it was 100% the other way round and 1 lad from the Fosse Boys snapped back on the train. Unless I've completely misinterpreted your post, you appear to have got the wrong end of the stick on this occasion..

Apologies.

It's only hearsay, as I was sat further down the away section, closer to the pitch.

No accusations, simply wondering.

Apologies.

It's only hearsay, as I was sat further down the away section, closer to the pitch.

No accusations, simply wondering.

Nah it's cool, I just wondered where the idea that it was the Fosse Boys being abusive to other fans yesterday had come from, is all!

As it happens, I only heard the Fosse Boys trying to do two of "their" songs yesterday, everything else they did was traditional Leicester songs (especially first half seeing as they were all on the stairs behind us). If there's any evidence from anyone that the Fosse Boys were being abusive I'll stand corrected but apart from the one lad who snapped on the train back to Sheffield I heard nothing to suggest this was the case.

:thumbup:

Archived