Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

You are being incredibly naive about the way Kevin Barclay operates. This misjudgement is a failure of leadership and is really holding the Fosse Boys back - perhaps fatally.

The walkout , no matter how well-intentioned, has set the Fosse Boys back big-time. Following on from the ill-advised pro-Pompey chants last week and the even more misguided episode last month regarding the flag, it's not surprising that the group is "on a life-support system" right now.

The group needs to meet VERY soon and review its tactics, and consider whether it can recover the ground that has been lost during the past few weeks.

It had the tacit backing of many City fans. Comments on here and elsewhere indicate this is no longer the case.

Rubbish, you clearly didn't see/hear the backing they had from the old guard in SK1 yesterday

Ok, maybe the Fosse Boys don't see themselves as better fans (debatable) but your post certainly gave the impression that you think other fans are INFERIOR to them. Comments such as "what's wrong with you people!!!!!', 'everyone looks at them like they dropped out of the sky' and 'stop whinging' oddly enough will get people's backs up. To be honest I feel for the Fosse Boys as they've got an uphill battle - it seems more and more people joining them don't have the forethought not to publicly spout such opinions and it's doing their cause no good whatsoever, it just alienates others who have, after all, also paid to be there and have just as much right to support the team in their own way.

I'm not one of the Fosse Boys, but when I first moved to the Walkers from Filbert Street, I chose the Kop as the blurb said this was the stand "full of noise and atmosphere".

It clearly isn't now. I can understand that some people like to watch the match in silence, some don't even like to cheer a goal. That is their prerogative.

But I can see why some people would think there is something wrong with people who have chosen to sit in the Kop, but do not want to contribute to the atmosphere; there are three other stands.

Maybe they wanted the good view, like the old Double Decker had, but can't sit in the other end because its for families only.

I don't know, but I do get cheesed off when people who have contributed nothing to the vocal support of the team seem to think it's a laugh to take the p~ss out of the rest who do - there are some people like this who sit near me.

Good luck to the Fosse Boys, and shame on the club for their bully boy tactics.

I'm not one of the Fosse Boys, but when I first moved to the Walkers from Filbert Street, I chose the Kop as the blurb said this was the stand "full of noise and atmosphere".It clearly isn't now. I can understand that some people like to watch the match in silence, some don't even like to cheer a goal. That is their prerogative.But I can see why some people would think there is something wrong with people who have chosen to sit in the Kop, but do not want to contribute to the atmosphere; there are three other stands.Maybe they wanted the good view, like the old Double Decker had, but can't sit in the other end because its for families only.I don't know, but I do get cheesed off when people who have contributed nothing to the vocal support of the team seem to think it's a laugh to take the p~ss out of the rest who do - there are some people like this who sit near me.Good luck to the Fosse Boys, and shame on the club for their bully boy tactics.

this is simply beacause they dont understand the european way of support

i mean if flares weren't banned im sure everyone would want to be with the fosse boys but their having to make do without and i have to say they're doing a bloody good job

this is simply beacause they dont understand the european way of support

i mean if flares weren't banned im sure everyone would want to be with the fosse boys but their having to make do without and i have to say they're doing a bloody good job

how'd you work that one out? I don't think flares would make much difference.

The problem is fans reluctance to stand up to the club, they saw the FB's getting ejected v reading, they don't want to take the risk having paid for a ticket to not get to see the match, paticluarly with the fact we're still in a ressession and football tickets are extras, as and when they can be afforded.

I seem to remember the new government mention scrapping standing laws a couple of months ago, what happened to that?

Because if that was to happen i'd be pretty certain the FB's would have more success because the club has no real weapon to use against them, standing and singing wouldn't be violating any stadium regulations and the club would only be able to do something if they used flares or anything that could be classed as a health and safety risk.

Its about time people got off the Fosse Boys back and helped support them. Yesterday was a joke they were trying so hard to get everyone to sing in the Kop but instead of joining in everyone just looks at them like they dropped out of the sky. What is wrong with you people !!!!!!! Why do you chose to sit in the kop and not help create an atmosphere ? If you dont want to sing go and sit in the family stand or west stand its crazy we have season tickets in the kop and we were standing up clapping and some supporters were giving us filthy looks, one guy even asked me to be quiet.

In the second half we moved up and sat with them to help try and create an atmosphere and we are thinking of moving our season tickets up there to.

The Fosse Boys are doing this for OUR club its not there job and gain no financial benefit out of it they are purely passionate supporters who want to generate an atmosphere in our stadium.

Look at the Newcastle game last season when the ground was nearly full to the brim and the atmosphere was electric the players were awesome even though we played with 10 men for the majority of the game.

The atmosphere has an big impact on the players and at this present time its crap because no one is prepared to change apart from the Fosse Boys

Look at grounds like our local rivals Nottingham Forest they had a terrific home record last season and the club put alot of it down to the atmosphere the fans generated, same with Norwich City there manager said the same thing.

So why don't you all get off there backs and HELP them out !!!! Stop winging if you dont like singing and atmosphere then football is not for you

Keep doing what your doing Fosse Boys, If every home game you can get a few more people to join you then in a couple of season the Walkers should be buzzing like it should be

Perhaps you should start a Fosse boys ticket allocation scheme.

Or removing people from there seat if there not doing what you want them to do!!

Edit: The Fosse Boys have been saved from folding completly by the support shown from the people you have attacked on this thread. But no mention of that!!

how'd you work that one out? I don't think flares would make much difference. The problem is fans reluctance to stand up to the club, they saw the FB's getting ejected v reading, they don't want to take the risk having paid for a ticket to not get to see the match, paticluarly with the fact we're still in a ressession and football tickets are extras, as and when they can be afforded.I seem to remember the new government mention scrapping standing laws a couple of months ago, what happened to that? Because if that was to happen i'd be pretty certain the FB's would have more success because the club has no real weapon to use against them, standing and singing wouldn't be violating any stadium regulations and the club would only be able to do something if they used flares or anything that could be classed as a health and safety risk.

what about confetti? ;)

simple...

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941,

why should there be double standards??

people are complaining that the fosse boys being criticized and saying they shouldnt be

yet its ok to criticize those that dont want to join in with a sing song etc...

both types of people have paid there ticket price which is showing support to the team. how they chose to act when watching is then up to them...

i dont think anyone is actually disputing the atmosphere could be better and people are behind the fb trying to improve it.

but that dont mean everyone has to join in with it and everything the fb do has to be the right way...

Its about time people got off the Fosse Boys back and helped support them. Yesterday was a joke they were trying so hard to get everyone to sing in the Kop but instead of joining in everyone just looks at them like they dropped out of the sky. What is wrong with you people !!!!!!! Why do you chose to sit in the kop and not help create an atmosphere ? If you dont want to sing go and sit in the family stand or west stand its crazy we have season tickets in the kop and we were standing up clapping and some supporters were giving us filthy looks, one guy even asked me to be quiet.

In the second half we moved up and sat with them to help try and create an atmosphere and we are thinking of moving our season tickets up there to.

The Fosse Boys are doing this for OUR club its not there job and gain no financial benefit out of it they are purely passionate supporters who want to generate an atmosphere in our stadium.

Look at the Newcastle game last season when the ground was nearly full to the brim and the atmosphere was electric the players were awesome even though we played with 10 men for the majority of the game.

The atmosphere has an big impact on the players and at this present time its crap because no one is prepared to change apart from the Fosse Boys

Look at grounds like our local rivals Nottingham Forest they had a terrific home record last season and the club put alot of it down to the atmosphere the fans generated, same with Norwich City there manager said the same thing.

So why don't you all get off there backs and HELP them out !!!! Stop winging if you dont like singing and atmosphere then football is not for you

Keep doing what your doing Fosse Boys, If every home game you can get a few more people to join you then in a couple of season the Walkers should be buzzing like it should be

This is my point on the whole matter, if everyone who wants to come sing with us actually changes their ticket to our section, along with the members who already have and are there, then we will quickly gain numbers. From what i've read on this thread a lot of people came to join us after the walkout/stewards being idiots. And if that is the case, if we can get everyone together, with their official seats being in our section, and then allow people who want to join us in the game to, who then in turn move their tickets permanently. Then eventually we will have the numbers to start asking the club for more.

I don't know if the rest of the FB agree with me as I havn't spoke to them yet, but I've seen too much effort put into this by Liam and Sharman for it to go out the window. We need to regroup, get as many people of here together in the section as we can, and just SING OUR HEARTS OUT.

My two cents, argue it all you want.

You are being incredibly naive about the way Kevin Barclay operates. This misjudgement is a failure of leadership and is really holding the Fosse Boys back - perhaps fatally.

The walkout , no matter how well-intentioned, has set the Fosse Boys back big-time. Following on from the ill-advised pro-Pompey chants last week and the even more misguided episode last month regarding the flag, it's not surprising that the group is "on a life-support system" right now.

The group needs to meet VERY soon and review its tactics, and consider whether it can recover the ground that has been lost during the past few weeks.

It had the tacit backing of many City fans. Comments on here and elsewhere indicate this is no longer the case.

Thank you I know exactly how Kev operates, and why he does the things he does. I am certainly not naive with regards to this and wil be exprssing my concerns to him personally on Monday morning in a calm and controlled manner. Of course I will express to him my disappointment in the way things happened on Saturday but we are adults and I am sure things can be sorted and moved forward. I don't give up easy and my resolve is usually increased when I see unfainess. This group can survive under the existing ground regulations with the full support of the club and its security staff.

VIVA LEICESTER

Then stop reading threads about it you fvcking spanner. The Fosse Boys aren't turning up at your house and having a good moan about the stewarding at the Walkers whilst you're trying watch the telly. This is a thread about the Fosse Boys and their goings on, yet a bunch of daft cvnts click on it to then just to then moan they're bored of hearing about them. They get a few seconds on radio Leicester here and there or the odd column inch in the mercury but if you just stopped reading this you'd pretty much be unaware of the 'drama' which you apparently dislike.

Anyway, fair play to them for walking out if they think that's what will keep the group strong and working towards the aim of improving the atmosphere in the long-run. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but 20,000 people have proved that doing exactly what Kevin Barclay and the stewards want for 8 years certainly hasn't so this must be worth a pop.

"People can criticise them all they want, I agree it's healthy. It's just people they say things like they're bored of hearing about them or bored of the drama they cause. The only place this 'drama' exists more or less is in this thread."

Well as a 'Fvucking Spanner' & a 'Daft Cvnt', allow me to retort.

Writing the words : "I'm really bored of the drama", does not warrant that kind of personal attack.

So I've left it a day before responding in order that my response was proportionate because your response was a lot more ignorant than your interpretation of my post.

For the record I have always supported the FB.

I have had my doubts wether the group would

i) Survive

ii) Make much of a difference as they are too far away from L1

iii) Have within the masses of their membership a collective of members that could be relied upon to conduct themselves in a manner that did not reflect badly on the rest of the core/original group and the narrative which they stand for.

I appreciate 1964 Fox's efforts and commitment to the FB in his communication with the club the support of the ethos and his business like adult and mature approach to managing/representing the interests of a group of individuals which may be not necessarily have the life experience to sucessfully negotiate with the football club.

Now, my comment regarding 'drama' is a frustration I wished to express - this related to my frustration with manner in which the Fosse Boys report the level of oppression they feel they receive by the football club.

The Fosse Boys threaten the football club.

Fact.

They don't turn up with guns to games - that's not what I am saying, they scare the life out of the club because the club can not put in writing their permissions and can not effectively control a group of youths from week to week who's very design is to push the boundaries of what behaviour is allowed to take place within the ground.

So after some good publicity some good communication and some some good public support the club allow - at risk and cost to them to police/manage a new area of illegally standing fans.

The FB are in a good position as the club look terrible if they do not work with you.

But your lack of thought and tolerance for the club's position and how the club has to manage the effects of your actions to a wider audience has been a tad naive.

The 'Drama' I refer to is that the reports that come back from the ground regarding the 'FB vs the Stewards/ Football Club Mentality' it's so unhelpful to your cause and your reputation as are the over-reactions to the stewards management of a group that scares the heebie geebies out of their management.

The FB will not be popular with the club as using the FB privileges re banners and publicity as a vehicle for other political / football related messages will not endear you to the club and draw attention to what the club has already turned a blind eye to.

The drama is this: Stewards have instructions from the top, these will be to run anything by the senior management on matchday, so if you bring in anything from confetti, flags, loose change, talcum powder or an inflated ego, it will be confiscated until such time a jobsworth grommet can contact Mr. Hoos or whoever else to ensure that you are not planning armegeddon.

They don't trust you - why would they?

So why spit your dummies out when life is made difficult. The Stewards are protecting themselves and the club because if the slightest thing happens like somebody slipping on wet confetti and landing on a flagpole, if the victim blames the FB it's major shit for the club as they allow you to do stuff which to be honest they officially shouldn't.

And so schrenchel, I'm bored of the non-drama, not the thread and not what these guys are trying to achieve. They have my full support - it's just going to be a long haul and it's about 'how you try to get there' which will determine the sucess or failure of the mission.

Please make a more considered response to my posts in future, that have some chance of continued dialogue and discussion rather than trading insults, which I do not wish to do with you- however Schrenchel, as you generally have a good rep on these boards, I was surprised at your reaction.

Oh and Bilo you daft tart, don't give up they need you!

N.

I am all for the Fosse Boys, I love whole idea but I have a few thoughts/observations on the whole thing. and it's clear our stadium is a library you can be winning 3-0 and it's still f**king boring.

The club obviously fear you because the Fosse Boys are something they have little or no control over, putting obstacles in the way means that eventually the momentum gathered in support will slowly start to decrease.

The Fosse Boys have agreed a charter with the club for behaviour and what you can and can't do. bending or breaking these rules will not only incense the powers that be but give them valid reasons to not only end cooperation but in any additional coverage press etc give them valid reasons to end communication and cooperation with The Fosse Boys.

Surely this whole Confetti thing could have been avoided by liaising with the club prior to the game, if was sanctioned after communication with stewards could you not have communicated your intentions in advance of the game? Communication is an amazing thing can solve many issues before they happen, but if they say no you should respect that decision not go ahead, do it anyway and antagonise the club further.

From the outside it seems that whatever the club offers or agrees to you would always want to push it a little further to see what you can get away with.

From the outside it seems you actually want to battle with the club, they have given you the go ahead and agreed to certain limitations within a Health and Safety remit, why not just get on with what they have agreed for the time being and let things develop naturally.

The idea of being a closed unit as such will eventually do you damage. While you have the good intentions to be welcome to all, I can honestly see why some (not me) will see how the constant battling with the Stewards etc can portray The Fosse Boys as the opposite of what they intend to be. Regardless of your intentions the actions of either The Fosse Boys or The Club is making you look like a group of problem supporters.

I for one if I was on my own would be more than happy to join in and show my support but I take a 13year old lad with me, he sings all game, even tries to start songs off on occasions and would sing his heart out with The Fosse Boys, jump up and down and sing and dance for 90mins. but I couldn't take him to an area where he would be battling with Stewards every game. It just isn't the right environment and I'm sure what you actually intended to do was have an area when fans can sing, dance and support the team for the full 90mins. While you have a large amount of support at the minute the current situation is doing more harm than good.

I can understand what you want to achieve but you are never going to beat the club, the only way to succeed is to work with them. If you want to take confetti into the ground on a saturday you need to talk to the club on a Thursday tell them your intentions and for now respect their decisions.

By working with the club, they will support you. Working against them they will keep turning the screw

I am all for the Fosse Boys, I love whole idea but I have a few thoughts/observations on the whole thing. and it's clear our stadium is a library you can be winning 3-0 and it's still f**king boring.

The club obviously fear you because the Fosse Boys are something they have little or no control over, putting obstacles in the way means that eventually the momentum gathered in support will slowly start to decrease.

The Fosse Boys have agreed a charter with the club for behaviour and what you can and can't do. bending or breaking these rules will not only incense the powers that be but give them valid reasons to not only end cooperation but in any additional coverage press etc give them valid reasons to end communication and cooperation with The Fosse Boys.

Surely this whole Confetti thing could have been avoided by liaising with the club prior to the game, if was sanctioned after communication with stewards could you not have communicated your intentions in advance of the game? Communication is an amazing thing can solve many issues before they happen, but if they say no you should respect that decision not go ahead, do it anyway and antagonise the club further.

From the outside it seems that whatever the club offers or agrees to you would always want to push it a little further to see what you can get away with.

From the outside it seems you actually want to battle with the club, they have given you the go ahead and agreed to certain limitations within a Health and Safety remit, why not just get on with what they have agreed for the time being and let things develop naturally.

The idea of being a closed unit as such will eventually do you damage. While you have the good intentions to be welcome to all, I can honestly see why some (not me) will see how the constant battling with the Stewards etc can portray The Fosse Boys as the opposite of what they intend to be. Regardless of your intentions the actions of either The Fosse Boys or The Club is making you look like a group of problem supporters.

I for one if I was on my own would be more than happy to join in and show my support but I take a 13year old lad with me, he sings all game, even tries to start songs off on occasions and would sing his heart out with The Fosse Boys, jump up and down and sing and dance for 90mins. but I couldn't take him to an area where he would be battling with Stewards every game. It just isn't the right environment and I'm sure what you actually intended to do was have an area when fans can sing, dance and support the team for the full 90mins. While you have a large amount of support at the minute the current situation is doing more harm than good.

I can understand what you want to achieve but you are never going to beat the club, the only way to succeed is to work with them. If you want to take confetti into the ground on a saturday you need to talk to the club on a Thursday tell them your intentions and for now respect their decisions.

By working with the club, they will support you. Working against them they will keep turning the screw

I agree with everything you say and hopefully one day you will feel comfortable enough to bring your son over to join us, I am sure my 13 year old would be happy to have more in the group his age.

This thing with the stewards seems to be misreported by some, there are very few if any confrontations with the stewards, yes we do speak to them when things change without warning and it may look like they are arguing with the stewards at times but the conversation is civil. There are no insults directed towards the stewards and nobody has been removed for unruly behaviour.

This brings me to your point about communication, it has to be two way, I could have been informed on thursday before the match of a change in tactics/ agreements and things could have been sorted.

We also used far more confetti than yesterdays match at a previous home game without problem or comment andwithout any communication from the club that it would need to be pre-authorised in the future.

But as I say this can all be sorted out and just to clarify, the Fosse Boys Charter has not formally been agreed and signed yet.

Sod it.

I've finally given up. I actually cannot be bothered to be argue the group's case any longer. I'm tired of rolling out the same responses to the same arguments, tired of being portrayed as a self-righteous disabled by association with the group but most of all, am tired of having to fight for the right to support my team in a manner taken for granted at Filbert Street every other week.

I hope these are my last words on the matter.

El Che'd never have given in that easy, bruv. :thumbup:

El Che'd never have given in that easy, bruv. :thumbup:

lol

I'm no El Che unfortunately! Maybe I need a couple of days to mull it over, hearing of the 30 or so Kopites coming over has given me a little more hope for the future.

Housemates have been badgering me not to give in, FB friends the same and a couple of you lovely lot on here as well. The odds are well against us though.

It's the fact that the odds are against us that will make the group being successful even more gratifying. Remember I will be at Barnsley away so giving up is not an option unless you want me in your ear pestering you the whole game.

lol

I'm no El Che unfortunately! Maybe I need a couple of days to mull it over, hearing of the 30 or so Kopites coming over has given me a little more hope for the future.

Housemates have been badgering me not to give in, FB friends the same and a couple of you lovely lot on here as well. The odds are well against us though.

i might be one who has commented thinking you should do things different but i also think you shouldnt quit..

i dont really see the odds being well against you either..

in theory people are still behind what you are trying to acheive, there maybe the few at the club that you feel will be challenging everything you do but to a certain extent they have to..

i know you all feel why should you have to put up with the desicions etc but why not go with it for the time being...

at home forget all the thrills and extras.. no banners, no flags, no confettit.. just turn up each game, all get together, and sing..

if you really feel you want the flags/banners or whatever else take them to the away games only..

that way you give the club no excuse to challenge you, you can sing and as the numbers grow the louder you will get the better the atmosphere which is one of the main reasons you all wanted the group??

You'd think you're battling cancer, not supporting a football team going on your comments lol

Archived