Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

I'm really not sure what to do now to be honest.

May relocate to L1. May just stubbornly carry on. May hand in my season ticket like ARAB. I genuinely have no idea.

Advice from somebody who can construct a grammatically passable sentence would be appreciated.

soldier on regardless of what the club do. Make sure that people buying tickets on a game by game basis buy them in that section of the ground and have a look at the season ticket holders relocating their ticket. Also it's coming up to winter now - perfect timing, perfectly good reasons for people to wear big coats and you can get coats with pockets on the inside, away from view - perfect for smuggling in confetti and (if you can get a telescopic pole) flags.

Wait, what?

lol

I'm not gonna lie, that is the least likely outcome. But I am confused. This does feel like a battle that is unwinnable.

The thing is that the mindless posters like rabbid are being backed up on here now and the tide of opinion is turning against the group as a whole, or at least it seems to be. If we have ordinary fans turning against us, what's the point?

Didn't you know? He handed his in during the week. Largely for similar reasons.

The group's not dead yet, but it's on life support.

Had no idea things were as bad as that, although the mood in the Counting House was pretty grim. My opinion is that quitting right now is giving the powers that be too much and that this is something still worth chipping away at, even though it may feel like punching a brick wall.

Didn't you know? He handed his in during the week. Largely for similar reasons.

The group's not dead yet, but it's on life support.

If you are in a group or not, you are there to support your club. Everyone has to remember that. Whether in an 'Ultra' group, or L1, you voice will add to the atmosphere. If the group collapses, then just move back to L1, it's a decent enough atmosphere. Don't hand your ticket in, that's just giving up, we all love City, and we have to remember that, waving flags, jumping up and down, or just standing and singing, at the end of the day, a win makes you feel the same, up beat and ecstatic.

Here is my take on what happened.

I walked in to the ground as normal and began to climb the stairs to the back of SK1, my wife and son were stopped by 2 stewards situated half way up the stairs, this has not happened before. I just walked straight by them as I sensed something was not quite rightso I went to ask the other members of the group what had happened.

I was informed they were checking everone's ticket to ensure they had a ticket for SK1, again this has not been previously a problem as most of the group have tickets in this area. To encourage people to join the group they have previously been allowed to move into empty seats with the expectancy they will move their ticket if they intend to make a more permanent move. I have a 'gentlemans agreement' with a senior member of club staff that if anything changes they would infom me, for example an E-mail yesterday asking me to ensure everyone had requested a move of their ticket would have been sufficient.

I was also informed that the two bags of blue and white confetti the lads had made was confiscated as it was a fire hazard and may require a fire safety certificate. Also a flag had been refused as it also had no fire safety certificate. We did get one of the bags of confetti back once it was 'approved' but I am still baffled by the logic, do match day programmes require a certificate? The flag issue I know about and there is a debate about the requirement for a certificate but it has to be consistent, at present it only seems to apply if you are a Fosse Boy. This was proven by the fact that the family directly in front of us displayed a flag as previously mentioned. The embarrassment on the stewards faces was clear to see when they suddenly saw it being layed out on the seats after they had told us no flags allowed, they purely went and questioned the family as they knew they would look fools if they did not. Further to the flag issue I have checked with the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue safety officer who told me it is not an issue unless the flags are stored on the premises overnight. I think the fact that every other club in the land allows both home and away fans to display their flags (including Leicester, yes we did notice the flags in the Preston end and the west stand) shows there is no requirement for ana individual certificate.

There were clear tactics used today to disrupt the group and those tatics were discriminatory in the fact that the group were targeted.

A mention about the stewards, I took the time to speak to several stewards including a couple of section stewards who were very helpful and clearly embarassed about what they were doing and telling us. One section steward ensured me he had given feedback at previous match debriefs that he believed we gave them no issues whatsoever and they were happy how we were developing. I believe he was telling the truth and as I said he was embarrassed by what he was doing. There were other things he said but to protect him I shall leave it to your imagination his views about the way we were treated and the style his manager was asking him to use.

So this is now a case of 'if you don't like it shut the fook up?' Which doesn't seem logical to me.

Granted, throwing insults about isn't the way to go, but this thread surely cannot be a 100% hard-on for the Fosse Boys, constructive (note the word CONSTRUCTIVE) criticism from people looking into the Fosse Boys world who feel they have faults are surely allowed to pipe up and say so.

If not, then the group will never learn, and will never evolve and expand in a way which will ensure its success. Because whatever the case at the moment, they aren't getting on too well with the heirachy at LCFC, and couping themselves up into a 'NO CRITICISM' group will only harm them in the long term, as it does ever more become an 'us vs. them' situation, whoever is supposed to have created that gaping wedge.

People can criticise them all they want, I agree it's healthy. It's just people they say things like they're bored of hearing about them or bored of the drama they cause. The only place this 'drama' exists more or less is in this thread.

Knew this wouldn't last until Xmas.

The one only thing you needed not to do was piss the club off. Yeah confetti's abit petty, but I'm sure theres more to it. It dont sound plausable.

I'm really not sure what to do now to be honest.

May relocate to L1. May just stubbornly carry on. May hand in my season ticket like ARAB. I genuinely have no idea.

Advice from somebody who can construct a grammatically passable sentence would be appreciated.

Firstly, this isn't Tienanmen Square and there's no column of tanks, making a martyr of yourself will reap no rewards other than a sense of self-satisfaction from your self-imposed exile. And while you might feel better about yourself for standing by your morals (and I have no intention of belittling that, it's a worthy thing to do) I don't, personally, believe that it will sufficiently offset the disappointment of missing an entire season's home games.

You aren't going to change anything, you aren't even going to make a dent, so it isn't worth it. That's not me being negative, if you could implement even the tiniest change then I'd be encouraging. But you simply can't. Modern football is bigger than the supporters, it'll take the fall of a major club for you to see change - not the withdrawal of some supporters. So the best you can do is enjoy yourself and your life.

At the end of the day the club have a product that you very, very much want. Any fan that claims they're content to stay away and don't need to go and watch home games isn't really just lying to us, they're lying to themselves.

As for relocating to L1 - I have long, long felt that the single biggest flaw in the atmosphere at the Walkers' Stadium is the fact that we have two singing sections. This, ultimately, is completely moronic. Where a club's attendees already have limited singing numbers as it is, further dividing yourself and then bemoaning the lack of atmosphere is a ridiculous thing to do. This is not a criticism of the Fosse Boys but more broadly at our entire vocal support.

To that end, I think you'd do a better job of "creating atmosphere within the ground" by lending your support to either L1 or the main singing section of the Kop and commit to using your organization and creativity to helping them (and that's actually helping them with what they want, not by trying to drown them out and hoping THEY sing YOUR songs) instead of persisting with warring against the club as a small collection of youths who, sadly (and I mean sadly, I'm not goading you) can't be heard by anyone more than a few blocks away from you.

You're out to create atmosphere within the ground but you're really just creating atmosphere for yourselves. Now that's fine, sincerely, you should enjoy the game as best you possibly can. That's your prerogative.

Personally, if it was me, I'd go back to roots. There's no point giving up entirely, you clearly have a good thing going and it's clearly appreciated by a lot of the club's supporters. And more importantly, you're clearly having fun.

But you need to find an output for your efforts that's rewarded vocally within the ground without causing hostility with the club. The club are a far more intelligent PR machine than you are and they have the weight of the law behind them, there's no point trying to take them on.

In your shoes I would, as stated, try and ally yourselves with some of the more vocal supporters already in the ground and try and encourage some of the more traditional Leicester songs from Filbert Street - things people will remember. Stick to what people know, make it easy for them to join in and get them hooked before you take it further.

And once you started bringing others in and have a foundation within the existing vocal sections - THEN start bringing in newer songs, banners, TIFO, whatever. But bring it in slowly - give people time to adjust.

That's just my two penneth, since you invited it. :dunno:

The one only thing you needed not to do was piss the club off. Yeah confetti's abit petty, but I'm sure theres more to it. It dont sound plausable.

I was there and it still doesn't sound plausable to me. Believe us or not but it's true the confetti was banned for fire hazard reasons.

That's the point. As far as I'm aware there genuinely isn't.

Firstly, this isn't Tienanmen Square and there's no column of tanks, making a martyr of yourself will reap no rewards other than a sense of self-satisfaction from your self-imposed exile. And while you might feel better about yourself for standing by your morals (and I have no intention of belittling that, it's a worthy thing to do) I don't, personally, believe that it will sufficiently offset the disappointment of missing an entire season's home games.

You aren't going to change anything, you aren't even going to make a dent, so it isn't worth it. That's not me being negative, if you could implement even the tiniest change then I'd be encouraging. But you simply can't. Modern football is bigger than the supporters, it'll take the full of a major club for you to see change - not the withdrawal of some supporters. So the best you can do is enjoy yourself and your life.

At the end of the day the club have a product that you very, very much want. Any fan that claims they're content to stay away and don't need to go and watch home games isn't really just lying to us, they're lying to themselves.

As for relocating to L1 - I have long, long felt that the single biggest flaw in the atmosphere at the Walkers' Stadium is the fact that we have two singing sections. This, ultimately, is completely moronic. Where a club's attendees already have limited singing numbers as it is, further dividing yourself and then bemoaning the lack of atmosphere is a ridiculous thing to do. This is not a criticism of the Fosse Boys but more broadly at our entire vocal support.

To that end, I think you'd do a better job of "creating atmosphere within the ground" by lending your support to either L1 or the main singing section of the Kop and commit to using your organization and creativity to helping them (and that's actually helping them with what they want, not by trying to drown them out and hoping THEY sing YOUR songs) instead of persisting with warring against the club as a small collection of youths who, sadly (and I mean sadly, I'm not goading you) can't be heard by anyone more than a few blocks away from you.

You're out to create atmosphere within the ground but you're really just creating atmosphere for yourselves. Now that's fine, sincerely, you should enjoy the game as best you possibly can. That's your prerogative.

Personally, if it was me, I'd go back to roots. There's no point giving up entirely, you clearly have a good thing going and it's clearly appreciated by a lot of the club's supporters. And more importantly, you're clearly having fun.

But you need to find an output for your efforts that's rewarded vocally within the ground without causing hostility with the club. The club are a far more intelligent PR machine than you are and they have the weight of the law behind them, there's no point trying to take them on.

In your shoes I would, as stated, try and ally yourselves with some of the more vocal supporters already in the ground and try and encourage some of the more traditional Leicester songs from Filbert Street - things people will remember. Stick to what people know, make it easy for them to join in and get them hooked before you take it further.

And once you started bringing others in and have a foundation within the existing vocal sections - THEN start bringing in newer songs, banners, TIFO, whatever. But bring it in slowly - give people time to adjust.

As much as we don't see eye to eye.

This is a great post.

I spent 70 minutes there today, and every home league game between Blackpool 2007 and Reading 2010.

Let's just say I don't much care for "We heard you ran from the/You're just a small town in Blackpool" and "Yuki, he'll eat your ****ing dog".

Why can't you work out a dance move for them

It's called banter, not everything has to be politically correct FFS it's the football not Quidich

The fosse boys should sing there's a circus in the town....

You aren't going to change anything, you aren't even going to make a dent, so it isn't worth it. That's not me being negative, if you could implement even the tiniest change then I'd be encouraging. But you simply can't. Modern football is bigger than the supporters, it'll take the full of a major club for you to see change - not the withdrawal of some supporters. So the best you can do is enjoy yourself and your life.

I agree with most of your post but we did not cause the issues today, it was caused by one person not having dignity and keeping to promises they personally made to me. I will be speaking to that person on Monday, I recieved an E-mail at the end of the match and was asked to contact him on Monday to discuss 'todays problems'.

The younger members of the group have been very respectful of the things asked of them by the club via me and I think it's disgraceful they have then been treated badly and expected to comply with harsher application of rules than other fans.

Why can't you work out a dance move for them

It's called banter, not everything has to be politically correct FFS it's the football not Quidich

The fosse boys should sing there's a circus in the town....

It's awful banter though. I'm bored of "Insert name of town here" songs, and frankly PC issues aside, the Japanese don't even eat dogs, (Korea I don't know about, but I doubt it's a pillar of their nation) it's just something that someone's stolen from being aimed at Ji Sung Park, and applied it to Abe cos he "looks a bit similar, s'all the same innit?"

I agree with most of your post but we did not cause the issues today, it was caused by one person not having dignity and keeping to promises they personally made to me. I will be speaking to that person on Monday, I recieved an E-mail at the end of the match and was asked to contact him on Monday to discuss 'todays problems'.

The younger members of the group have been very respectful of the things asked of them by the club via me and I think it's disgraceful they have then been treated badly and expected to comply with harsher application of rules than other fans.

But the club have illustrated that they really aren't likely to change their tune. :dunno:

They want you to sit down, clap and sing and do not a lot else. As long as you're doing more than that they're going to continue to make an example out of you to try and get the point across to everyone else in the ground that there are strict health and safety regulations in place.

You're giving them a weapon, in essence, with which to try and tame the rest of the crowd.

OK, couple of points. It's not Christmas, and we're still going.

We're not "pissing the club off". They're targeting us in any petty way they can think of (N.B. as I said before, it's one bloke in the club's employ doing it). We're doing our best to stand up to it.

If it doesn't sound plausible to you, that's you're call. But it's not in my own interests, or the interests of the group, to lie about anything. What I reported happened today, and as petty as it may sound the club's decision was completely unreasonable in my opinion.

You aren't going to change anything, you aren't even going to make a dent, so it isn't worth it. That's not me being negative, if you could implement even the tiniest change then I'd be encouraging. But you simply can't. Modern football is bigger than the supporters, it'll take the fall of a major club for you to see change - not the withdrawal of some supporters. So the best you can do is enjoy yourself and your life.

Thanks for the response Finners, good to see a constructive response to something I post on this subject for a change. (Not a dig at you btw)

In all fairness, I am contemplating reverting to L1. It isn't ideal and the reasons for my leaving it in the first place still stand, but it's probably the only realistic option if I want to stand and sing without being treated like shit.

If we could bring in a genuine ultra section to L1, brilliant. If we can't, then at least we can support our team in our way. There again, do I really wish to contribute to the wages of a man who has basically devoted his time to killing this group? It's a tough question to answer.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

Thanks for the response Finners, good to see a constructive response to something I post on this subject for a change. (Not a dig at you btw)

In all fairness, I am contemplating reverting to L1. It isn't ideal and the reasons for my leaving it in the first place still stand, but it's probably the only realistic option if I want to stand and sing without being treated like shit.

If we could bring in a genuine ultra section to L1, brilliant. If we can't, then at least we can support our team in our way. There again, do I really wish to contribute to the wages of a man who has basically devoted his time to killing this group? It's a tough question to answer.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

I can understand where you are coming from in the wages bit, but in the end, it's a football club. We go to see Leicester win. Why give up having fun on Saturdays, going to watch our team play?

At the moment, it doesn't seem like a group who want to bring a nice atmosphere to all sections of the ground. It seems like it's Ultra's vs Lee Hoos. I have full respect for what you guys are trying to do, but sometimes things just don't work out.

Whatever you do, I would make a decision as a group. Less "I" and more "we."

Don't get me wrong, I fully respect that you need to put your own happiness and your own wants ahead of any supporters group but if the Fosse Boys is something you're truly enjoying then the lot of you need to stay united.

That doesn't mean united against the club because, if you're not careful, that's a battle that'll just see you either squashed or become a nuisance to other supporters who'll begin to see you more and more as just a collection of trouble-makers (I iterate my point, the club are a much more mighty PR machine than you are.)

Stick together, stick as one, make your decisions as one and ultimately try and push on in some form or other. Just be intelligent with what you do. And, moreover, remember that Rome Wasn't Built In A Day - you don't need to turn the Walkers into the Westfalenstadion over night; if it takes you a couple of seasons to get even a hundred extra people singing a few "Ultra" songs then you're still making tidy progress.

I can understand where you are coming from in the wages bit, but in the end, it's a football club. We go to see Leicester win. Why give up having fun on Saturdays, going to watch our team play?

Because it's not really all that much fun being treated that way.

Archived