Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Obama wants Hayward's Head

I want his fecking head! All the money those robbing gits have made from their vastly overpriced fuel and theyve apparently skimped on safety on their rigs? (dont know the ins and outs but thats the gist as I understand?

The images of those poor birds on the beaches literally drowning in oil were one of the most distressing things Ive ever seen. Fecking fuming about the damage this has caused. I will never buy fuel from a BP garage again.

I want his fecking head! All the money those robbing gits have made from their vastly overpriced fuel and they've apparently skimped on safety on their rigs? (dont know the ins and outs but thats the gist as I understand?

The images of those poor birds on the beaches literally drowning in oil were one of the most distressing things Ive ever seen. Fecking fuming about the damage this has caused. I will never buy fuel from a BP garage again.

This video explains a lot as told by a survivor, the important part starts about 4:30, where the annular became damaged.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cLJHTTOSkpg

Obama is playing to the over excited right wing xenophobic media and should be ashmed of himself.

a) He keep calling BP British Petroleum, as if it never merged with Amoco and is doesn't have huge operations in the US led out of Houston.

b) Somehow the US company who actually operated the rig and made it blow up seem to be ignored.

3) He is not talking about the fact that they had the license to drill, paid a fortune for it, and are now paying again for the clean up.

4) He should be supporting BP and their attempts to stop the spill - which is at depths which make it rather like working on the moon.

5) It is also not his place to start saying he would have sacked the head of a major company. Is he deliberately trying to make it worse?

BP, with operating profit margin of less than 7% and Return on Assets of about the same might deliver huge profits, but only becuase it is one of the worlds biggets companies, not becuase it makes high margins.

Obama is playing to the over excited right wing xenophobic media and should be ashmed of himself.

a) He keep calling BP British Petroleum, as if it never merged with Amoco and is doesn't have huge operations in the US led out of Houston.

b) Somehow the US company who actually operated the rig and made it blow up seem to be ignored.

3) He is not talking about the fact that they had the license to drill, paid a fortune for it, and are now paying again for the clean up.

4) He should be supporting BP and their attempts to stop the spill - which is at depths which make it rather like working on the moon.

5) It is also not his place to start saying he would have sacked the head of a major company. Is he deliberately trying to make it worse?

BP, with operating profit margin of less than 7% and Return on Assets of about the same might deliver huge profits, but only becuase it is one of the worlds biggets companies, not becuase it makes high margins.

I agree with the bold parts especially.

This story is massive and Obama and (some of) his administration are heavily involved as much as BP. Disgraceful.

I am also sure that there are a couple of other big leaks at the moment. One in the North Sea near Norway or Denmark if I remember right.

Am I the only one who read the thread title as 'Obama wants Haywards Heath'? :unsure:

I was trying to figure out what the sudden attraction of commuter-ville was? :blink:

good post jon

I agree with the bold parts especially.

This story is massive and Obama and (some of) his administration are heavily involved as much as BP. Disgraceful.

I am also sure that there are a couple of other big leaks at the moment. One in the North Sea near Norway or Denmark if I remember right.

Yeah, you tell 'em! He should be ashamed! Him and all the other giant, Illuminati, lizard fascist bastards!

What the hell are you talking about now Fannegan you tourist? You love a bit of drama don't ya!

I might have known you'd be proud of Obama! To be expected really cos you know nothing of what he's done apart from the soundbites they feed you. Absolutely nothing.

What the hell are you talking about now Fannegan you tourist? You love a bit of drama don't ya!

I might have known you'd be proud of Obama! To be expected really cos you know nothing of what he's done apart from the soundbites they feed you. Absolutely nothing.

conspiracy_theories.png

:appl:

Pot, kettle ............?

Some sad pictures here, it's starting to look pretty bad around the coastal areas and will surely get alot worse.

Ripple effects of the BP Oil Spill

That Corexit stuff seems even more dangerous than the oil from what I've read about it. Why aren't they using the Dispersit stuff instead? It’s twice as good at breaking down the crude oil and half as toxic as Corexit. Is it because BP co-produce Corexit with Nalco? They have already put around 1 million gallons of this Corexit into the Gulf Sea.

... and all of this seems like a Nike advertisement campaign compared to Hayward and BP's pathetic PR attempts. Hayward has been like the Iraqi information minister over the past two months.

Obama's not playing to the right-wing, xenophobic crowd. Sure, the media here is only as liberal as any other group of multi-billion dollar corporations, but if he's playing on anything, it's our media's populist pandering. The Valdez oil spill was huge black eye to the Exxon brand, a direct descendant of Rockefeller's Standard Oil. Right-wing politicians seem to be backing BP, with several prominent southern Republicans upset about the now bleak future of offshore drilling in the Gulf.

I'm sure blame for this can be spread all around, but it's ridiculous to absolve BP when they knew well in advance of plenty of warning signs yet did a piss-poor job themselves making sure things were fixed. They got a sweet deal from the U.S. government yet completely mismanaged it. Plus BP had a shitty contingency plan (of which we're seeing the results now) in case something bad did happen. One of the American corporations involved, Halliburton (cementing the well), couldn't have its reputation here get any worse if its board of directors started eating babies, but they only cemented the well on BP's orders.

I'm pissed off all around. I'm pissed off at BP, for obvious reasons. I'm also pissed off at Transocean for its poor execution of lots of big time tasks. I'm pissed off at Halliburton, well, even without this. I'm pissed off at the Obama administration for caving in to the Republicans by allowing more offshore drilling as part of an energy reform compromise (he really ought to learn by now that the Republican Party NEVER negotiates in good faith) but only got an environmental disaster back in exchange.

But please, you've got to be kidding me if you're gonna be a Hayward apologist. The guy has put his foot so far up his mouth that it's now coming out of his ass. You all are aware of what this ****tard has been saying, right?

Let's get this straight..

America is oil thirsty and built on the greed of rampant capitalism yet they are surprised when a greedy oil firm skimps on safety to maximize profits.

Hmmmmmmmm

the 'enviromental disaster' bit is allways over played,couple of years time after a few good storms and you wouldnt know there had been a leak.

totally agree about obama,his soundbites reminded me of when kang and kodos stood for president in the simpsons."whirling,twirling towards freedom!".

Obama is showing his true colours. Mindless left-wing robot.
First, you drag us into two of your wars, we save your a** both times, and the thanks we get is this! Total destruction of our wetlands and the Gulf of Mexico by a company that had over 700 willful safety violations last year and murdered elven workers, while the entire rest of the oil industry had eight violations!

I will personally never buy another gallon of BP gas, and hope the end result is that the United States bans BP from operating within a thousand miles of our borders, not that it would help us the way BP does business.

We don't hate the Brits, we hate BP! I think you are going to find out how much when the boycotts start. I am starting my own right now! If you want to improve relations, don't get on Obama, make your corporations operate safely and follow the law instead of trying every way in the world to get around regulations and then buying its way out. Screw BP and the horse they rode in on!

lol

• 2 weeks later...

The White House are really taking the piss criticising Hayward for going sailing on his first day of in months. Who the fook do they think they are? The arrogance of it. He isn't personally pumping oil out of the sea and took the day off leaving it to flow. Tears.

Archived