Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Half way through the year...

Just wondering what peoples favourite albums, or top 5 albums are that have came out so far this year?

Mine would be...

1. Pilot Talk - Curren$y (By an absolute mile)

2. Alive Til I'm Dead - Professor Green (Despite only having had this a week or 2)

3. Thank Me Later - Drake

4. How I Got Over - The Roots (I know theres a few Roots fans on here, this is there best album since Game Theory in my opinion)

5. Distant Relatives - Nas & Damian Marley/Stimulus Package - Freeway (Tied for this 1)

Also liked the Gorillaz album alot, and Teflon Don - Rick Ross. Would of mentioned Eminems album but its boring as fuck after a few listens. Giggs also dropped an album that UK Mainstream Urban music needed

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

These New Puritans - Hidden

Jonsi - Go

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

The Deftones effort is their best ever IMO, stunning.

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Thank Me Later - Drake

Eminem - Recovery (better than Relapse I think)

Kids In Glass Houses - DIRT

Lostprophets - The Betrayed (not their best, Start Something was their best by a mile...but this one was much better than Liberation Transmission)

You Me At Six - Hold Me Down

I'd say my favourite out of the above is You Me at Six's second album, Hold Me Down. I think second album's are much harder to pull off than debut albums. There's always a question over whether the band should follow the same route as a successful debut, or take a new direction. I think You Me At Six nailed it though.

Eminem - Recovery (better than Relapse I think)

You think?

I thought this on initial listening, but then the album just sounds very bland to me, his albums normally have a very consistent sound all the way through that works. I think not working with Dr Dre fully ruined it for me, the sound of the album is all over the place , although I think 1 or 2 of his best ever songs are on Recovery.

You think?

I thought this on initial listening, but then the album just sounds very bland to me, his albums normally have a very consistent sound all the way through that works. I think not working with Dr Dre fully ruined it for me, the sound of the album is all over the place , although I think 1 or 2 of his best ever songs are on Recovery.

Yeah overall I think it's slightly better than Relapse.

It took me quite a while to get in to Relapse. And once I came round to it only a few songs really stood out (Beautiful and Bagpipes from Baghdad were the main tracks I liked).

As for Recovery, I find myself not being able to put it down at times. Cinderella Man, No Love, Space Bound and Not Afraid are tracks I can't get enough of.

Top Albums so far...

The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

Netsky - Netsky

Broken Bells - Broken Bells

Pulled Apart By Horses - Pulled Apart By horses

Martina Topley-Bird - Someplace simple

The Black Keys - Brothers

Mike Patton - Mondo Carne

Tune of the year

Emika - Drop the Other

Just wondering what peoples favourite albums, or top 5 albums are that have came out so far this year?

Mine would be...

1. Pilot Talk - Curren$y (By an absolute mile)

2. Alive Til I'm Dead - Professor Green (Despite only having had this a week or 2)

3. Thank Me Later - Drake

4. How I Got Over - The Roots (I know theres a few Roots fans on here, this is there best album since Game Theory in my opinion)

5. Distant Relatives - Nas & Damian Marley/Stimulus Package - Freeway (Tied for this 1)

Also liked the Gorillaz album alot, and Teflon Don - Rick Ross. Would of mentioned Eminems album but its boring as fuck after a few listens. Giggs also dropped an album that UK Mainstream Urban music needed

Not had a chance to get hold of this yet due to being in far off countries until recently, but is it as good as game theory?

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

These New Puritans - Hidden

The Deftones effort is their best ever IMO, stunning.

Agree with these three, especially Diamond Eyes, when Deftones hit their potential they're quality. Nothing will ever touch White Pony for me though.

Haven't really kept up this year, but the best I have heard this year are Crystal Castles 2nd album and the debut album from Broken Bells.

Also albums from Bands of Horses and Gaslight Anthem sounded as good as expected, which make them pretty damn decent.

I think this year's been superb for albums, I've loved it so far.

My top ten in no particular order)....which was difficult to choose.

Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History

The National - High Violet

Eminem - Recovery

Sunshine Underground - Nobody's Coming to Save You

Delphic - Acolyte

Bombay Bicycle Club - Flaws

Damien Marley & Nas - Distant Relatives

Foals - Total Life Forever

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code

Tokyo Police Club - Champ!

With mentions to We Are Scientists, Gaslight Anthem, 65daysofstatic, Netsky, These New Puritans, Surfer Blood and The Soft Pack and Broken Bells for great efforts.

Interestingly no one's mentioned the album which has actually already become the greatest of the whole year (not just talking personally: it's clear that it's the one that will be top of several magazines' end-of-year lists come December) - Teen Dream by Beach House.

Interestingly no one's mentioned the album which has actually already become the greatest of the whole year (not just talking personally: it's clear that it's the one that will be top of several magazines' end-of-year lists come December) - Teen Dream by Beach House.

I enjoy this album.

I think this year's been superb for albums, I've loved it so far.

My top ten in no particular order)....which was difficult to choose.

Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History

The National - High Violet

Eminem - Recovery

Sunshine Underground - Nobody's Coming to Save You

Delphic - Acolyte

Bombay Bicycle Club - Flaws

Damien Marley & Nas - Distant Relatives

Foals - Total Life Forever

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code

Tokyo Police Club - Champ!

With mentions to We Are Scientists, Gaslight Anthem, 65daysofstatic, Netsky, These New Puritans, Surfer Blood and The Soft Pack and Broken Bells for great efforts.

I like this list Joe but I would add The Suburbs by Arcade Fire!! didnt think it would be anything special but i think its their best so far

fook me, really?

Its not in any particular order that list but yes I enjoyed it.

It was released in 2009 aswell

And it was yes but I didn't get a chance to put it in the end of the year thread and I didn't think anyone would grumble at 10 days lol

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

These 2 would definitely be in my favourites of the year so far.

Don't think Diamond Eyes is as good as Around The Fur as a consistently brilliant piece of work but it's definitely Deftones back to their best.

I'd also add The Quails - Master of Imperfection to my list too. Had never heard of them before seeing them at Goldcoast Oceanfest but the album is fantastic, the sort that I can listen through in it's entirety without skipping tracks time after time.

Archived