Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Old FT Mixes/CD Swaps

After listening to Trav's show last night, I was trawling through FT to find the threads with our mixes, but I only found a handful (Smuts, Mark, Fez and James.). Where have the threads for Trav's, Nussul, Finners, Joe etc all gone?

And is it time to have another one of these anyway? :ph34r:

Always involved. Makes sense to keep it small this time as its always gets out of hand and people get bored and give up.

Shame to go 'incrowd-y' but after the debacle of the last few i think it makes sense to limit it to say 10 people and everyone has to review all 9 others.

Always involved. Makes sense to keep it small this time as its always gets out of hand and people get bored and give up.

Shame to go 'incrowd-y' but after the debacle of the last few i think it makes sense to limit it to say 10 people and everyone has to review all 9 others.

That didn't even work the first few times lol

Since time-constraint seems to be the biggest problem for reviewers, we could limit mixes to 30 minutes tops instead of 60?

After listening to Trav's show last night, I was trawling through FT to find the threads with our mixes, but I only found a handful (Smuts, Mark, Fez and James.). Where have the threads for Trav's, Nussul, Finners, Joe etc all gone?

And is it time to have another one of these anyway? :ph34r:

It's a conspiracy against decent music!

In as always.

Still doesn't answer my question about where the old topics have disappeared :P

But since there seems to be interest, will someone start a new thread/change the thread title so we can get this started?

There was a subforum for them, not sure where they're gone now.

Mine were hosted with yousendit I think so they'd probably not still be up anyway. I'm happy to go again but only if people have spotify, I don't think I can really be bothered ripping individual songs off all my CDs again.

There was a subforum for them, not sure where they're gone now.

Mine were hosted with yousendit I think so they'd probably not still be up anyway. I'm happy to go again but only if people have spotify, I don't think I can really be bothered ripping individual songs off all my CDs again.

I have the songs from the mixes, but I just wanted to see what came from who to make the playlists again. And I don't use Spotify, not allowed here (but I suppose I could circumvent that).

If it's post rock it's almost certainly from Mark. lol

I did one pretty crap mix that was just noise, one rock'n'roll mix that had stuff like Turbonegro, Gluecifer, Backyard Babies, Hellacopters etc on it and a folkie one that went down like lead balloon with Vin Garbutt and the New Bushbury Mountain Daredevils et all.

Can anyone explain what the CD swap was?

We made mixtapes, zipped them up using WinRAR / WinZip, exchanged them and reviewed each others.

It was a bit flawed, though, given that people generally only tended to review others' up until the point they'd released their own and then lost interest, haha.

So unless you were in the first three or four it tended to run out of steam which is a shame.

I've said it since the 2nd one but Spotify's gotta be the way forward here. Saves the downloading time.

3 problems.

Spotify is limited. It might not have what you have and want to share.

Not everyone has spotify and isn't it invite only to non-premium now?

Unless you're on premium, 5 plays of each track only. Depends on how many listens you need to form an opinion. :dunno: Given this problem disappears if you go premium, but sod that!

I'm not saying I wouldn't listen to and review someone's if they didn't use spotify. I've got a whole load of Mark's on my hard drive, I love them.

Just saying I might not be bothered to make my own without it. Heh. I'd probably change my mind though.

Shall we start a list then?

Thinking about it, maybe it's best if participants just post mixes (in a new subforum maybe?) whenever they're ready, be they downloads or playlists on e.g. Spotify. Some will have plenty of time and will want to listen/review a lot at once, others will want it spaced out or need more time to make a mix. Then everyone can review at their own pace and not feel 'forced' to review before being allowed to post their own. As suggested earlier, I think making the mixes shorter and more condensed (say 30 minutes) would keep the interest going a lot longer. I realise that it would take away some depth and severely limit variety in mixes, but then again we can always do mixes on regular intervals :thumbup:

Mines coming on nicely with a lovely summery feel to it.

Lucky you. I'm finding it very difficult to prevent it sliding down to a simple greatest hits of Dave Grohl.

edit: 30 minutes max right?

Got two possible mixes done - ones hard rock, zz top, AC/DC etc. while the other is more summery: Friendly Fires, Grizzly Bear etc.

Lucky you. I'm finding it very difficult to prevent it sliding down to a simple greatest hits of Dave Grohl.

edit: 30 minutes max right?

Got two possible mixes done - ones hard rock, zz top, AC/DC etc. while the other is more summery: Friendly Fires, Grizzly Bear etc.

Go with that one :P

Archived