Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Beckford's wage

I believe this to be true. Cos Beckford [or anyone else] wouldn't go down a division and lower his profile for equal or less money. Sitting on the bench at Everton > First team player at Leicester. Only a pay rise would drag someone like Beckford down a division.

That said, if we don't go up at first attempt we'll be in deep shit.

Is the first word in your arabic sig 'lol'?

I doubt its £40,000 straight up, I imagine they've brought out a massive figure like that for shock value, and £40,000 is potentially what he could be on including add-ons. He must be on a pretty hefty goal bonus as thats why he's here. No matter how respected the journalist is, he's still a journalist and that article was meant to shock in a way.

This sounds about right....

If we realistically were going to bring in a player up front of any quality, the ceiling would have needed to be broken regardless of what may have been suggested or indicated in the press by the club.

If we have given a contract to Beckford that exceeds everyone else's wages then stories like this will only raise expectations for the fickle fans who will want goals galore from him instantly and consistently. We all know that this isn't possible, so expect petulance from Beckford and the crowd at some stage when he's subbed off, missed 10 sitters, and failed to set the world alight.

We have in fact bought another confidence player. As much as i want him to succeed, and I believe he does that the attributes to do so, my understanding from his history, and the feedback from fans is that he needs as many shots on goals as Fryatt did to put one away. But he brings others into the game with his pace, trickery and strength, items in his locker that Mardy did not have. So I guess, we are better off in that regard.

I am not being negative about Beckford, just trying to point out elements to people who think he's going to be ripping the CCC apart.

Let's....

a.) give him time

b.) give him support whether he scores or not

c.) apply the same logic above to the rest of the team too.

:thumbup:

Bloody hell £40,000 is that actually true?!

If we do some math it will be clearer.

We were supposed to bid over 6 mill for Maynard. If we then buys Beckford for 3 mill it leaves around 3 mill for wages.

Normal wage 25' and Beckford gets 38 a week. It's a 13 000 a week for four years = 2.7 million.

Total extra cost for Beckford is 3+2.7=5.7 mill.

We can do a comparision between Beckfor and Mills and we'll see that Beckford isn't so expensive.

Absolutely outrageous if true. Just absolutely nuts, it wouldn't surprise me though, players as well as clubs can hold you to ransom when they know you are desperate.

No player who even would consider playing at this level should be on 40k a week.

Maybe the thought of first team football + a similar wage was enough to get him to sign for us. Most footballers actually want to play rather than just collect their huge wages.

lol I'll get me coat

If we do some math it will be clearer.

We were supposed to bid over 6 mill for Maynard. If we then buys Beckford for 3 mill it leaves around 3 mill for wages.

Normal wage 25' and Beckford gets 38 a week. It's a 13 000 a week for four years = 2.7 million.

Total extra cost for Beckford is 3+2.7=5.7 mill.

We can do a comparision between Beckfor and Mills and we'll see that Beckford isn't so expensive.

That's pretty good logic tbf :thumbup:

gutted we have beckford....I work in Leeds crowded with white shite fans and every one of them have nothing good to say about him....we will need a lorry for all the baggage he brings

Don't worry, they're all very bitter that we have two of their very best players of the last few years. :thumbup:

Archived