Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Beckford's wage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8736167/Jason-Burt-Tottenham-Hotspur-manager-Harry-Redknapps-summer-transfer-window-of-frustration.html

It says something for the state of some clubs’ finances, and the money being thrown about by others, that Mikel Arteta has taken a £20,000-a-week pay cut to move from Everton to Arsenal while his now former team-mate Jermaine Beckford is rewarded with a £15,000-a-week rise to move to Championship side Leicester City.

Beckford, who is being paid an eye-popping £40,000 a week, cost an initial £3 million as well and, having rebuffed the overtures of other clubs during the summer — he recently got married and his wife did not want to leave Merseyside — he was simply given an offer he could not refuse.

Crackin signing but anyone else worried we're gunna be swimming in shit if we don't get promoted this season? These boys better be shifting a hell of a lot of joop and malboro.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8736167/Jason-Burt-Tottenham-Hotspur-manager-Harry-Redknapps-summer-transfer-window-of-frustration.html

Crackin signing but anyone else worried we're gunna be swimming in shit if we don't get promoted this season? These boys better be shifting a hell of a lot of joop and malboro.

We'll be fine even if we don't go up!

Why else would someone drop down a division & lower their profile, join a 'smaller' club & stuff

Ever since we targeted signings of this standard we've had to 'overpay' both in terms of transfer fees £5m for Mills Vs Wolves £3.5(rumoured) for example

If we get to the Prem we'll be able to pay closer to the going rate, but until then we only have cash which can tip the scales in our favour

I'd be very surprised if he's on 40 grand a week. If the 25k a week ceiling at city is true, they'd be risking a backlash from the rest of the squad breaking it.

Thats not to say he won't be earning 40k a week occasionally when you add goal/win bonuses etc......

I'd be very surprised if he's on 40 grand a week. If the 25k a week ceiling at city is true, they'd be risking a backlash from the rest of the squad breaking it.

Thats not to say he won't be earning 40k a week occasionally when you add goal/win bonuses etc......

I doubt given the ambitions of the Thais that that is true. They know that to attract quality players you can forget about having a wage ceiling of that sort of amount.

I'm sure current players on lesser wages will be suitably rewarded if their performances warrant it.

I believe this to be true. Cos Beckford [or anyone else] wouldn't go down a division and lower his profile for equal or less money. Sitting on the bench at Everton > First team player at Leicester. Only a pay rise would drag someone like Beckford down a division.

That said, if we don't go up at first attempt we'll be in deep shit.

I doubt its £40,000 straight up, I imagine they've brought out a massive figure like that for shock value, and £40,000 is potentially what he could be on including add-ons. He must be on a pretty hefty goal bonus as thats why he's here. No matter how respected the journalist is, he's still a journalist and that article was meant to shock in a way.

And we are all saying this knowing what his deal was at everton.

He may have been on a heavy incentive deal. They are in the shit n need money he could have been told he wont get first team footty for them.

The so called ITK n journo's make me laugh movement yes but TaC is all guess work.

Archived