Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Fighting on the Frontline

Let's get some perspective here.

The Taliban are vile, evil terrorists. Not only are they fvcking up their own country and harming civilians in their own country, they are also blowing up men and women that are loved by people in this country, and encouraging acts of terror on innocents in the UK and USA because they oppose the war.

It's VERY different to the World Wars where the Germans we were shooting at were conscripted to fight for their governement through no choice of their own, and were actually very decent people similar to our own troops.

So yeah, forgive me for having no sympathy whatsoever for the Taliban. I'd be quite comfortable watching the scum getting bombed, shot, tortured or whatever. It's not like we are shooting them in their homes, they are shooting at us. They are subhuman and they deserve it. The more we exterminate, the quicker this sham of a war is over.

The Taliban are vile, evil terrorists. Not only are they fvcking up their own country and harming civilians in their own country, they are also blowing up men and women that are loved by people in this country, and encouraging acts of terror on innocents in the UK and USA because they oppose the war.

It's VERY different to the World Wars where the Germans we were shooting at were conscripted to fight for their governement through no choice of their own, and were actually very decent people similar to our own troops.

So yeah, forgive me for having no sympathy whatsoever for the Taliban. I'd be quite comfortable watching the scum getting bombed, shot, tortured or whatever. It's not like we are shooting them in their homes, they are shooting at us. They are subhuman and they deserve it. The more we exterminate, the quicker this sham of a war is over.

Exactly this

Well if what gives you kicks is watch people actually kill each other, so be it.

And they say that there's no racism in the army - THEY TRAIN YOU TO KILL FOREIGNERS! How much more racist do you need to get? :dunno:

Actually, they train them to kill the ENEMY. Now that cannot be construed as racist. :frusty: :frusty:

Because we invaded and, get this, started shooting them in their country, their home.

And seriously? Far from it, the sooner we admit to being in the wrong and pull out, the sooner this sordid affair will be over. If we just stay and keep killing we'll get nowhere.

Because we invaded and, get this, started shooting them in their country, their home.

And seriously? Far from it, the sooner we admit to being in the wrong and pull out, the sooner this sordid affair will be over. If we just stay and keep killing we'll get nowhere.

Large Al, thats wrong. 9/11 for a start. What about the previous attack on the twin towers by Bin laden and his cronies in the 90s?

Pulling out is debatable. You can't beat an enemy that doesn't care if they die, but then all those troops who lost lives there would've been in vain

Large Al, thats wrong. 9/11 for a start. What about the previous attack on the twin towers Bin laden and his cronies in the 90s?

Pulling out is debatable. You can't beat an enemy that doesn't care if they die, but then all those troops who lost lives there would've been in vain

The Taliban and the american government al-Qaeda are not one and the same.

Anyone watching this on channel 4?

It's brilliant watching the rag heads get blown up by the Apache missiles!

**** a duck. When I hadn't seen lcfcstu post something stupid for awhile, I would have never guessed that he would post something so repugnantly ignorant as this.

Is 'ragheads' the term used solely for Taliban insurgents now forgetting the rest of the Middle Eastern population and those who who live in Europe, US, and elsewhere? I didn't know the EDL made concessions.

You truly are a cretin.

I know plenty of soldiers myself there stu. When was the last tour of duty you were on? How many 'ragheads' have you tagged? Hmm? COD doesn't count of course.

I have great respect for the armed forces, and the difficult job they have to do. You though are a ****ing class A cvnt. How do I justify this opinion, I just read your posts.

I think going in the army is a pretty respectable thing to do, but a lot of young soldiers seem to think that it's the only respectable thing to do. In reality there are a great number of professions in civvy street which are a hell of a lot more worthwhile and challenging than being a soldier.

A young soldier has a right to be arrogant in the immature teenage world in which he lives, but once he becomes an adult he really ought to grow out of it. Most adult ex-soldiers that i've met have been pretty humbled by their experiences and have become better people for it. Of the few who have met the stereotype of utter tosspot, all have been the people who actually failed in the army and are now just angry at everything.

True, though it all roots back to islam extremists

Ok, so we should despise Christians because they root back to the religion that was responsible for the repression of scientific advancement of the middle of the last millennium? Good to know.

Just because two groups have similar roots doesn't mean they are alike in the here and now.

I think going in the army is a pretty respectable thing to do, but a lot of young soldiers seem to think that it's the only respectable thing to do. In reality there are a great number of professions in civvy street which are a hell of a lot more worthwhile and challenging than being a soldier.

A young soldier has a right to be arrogant in the immature teenage world in which he lives, but once he becomes an adult he really ought to grow out of it. Most adult ex-soldiers that i've met have been pretty humbled by their experiences and have become better people for it. Of the few who have met the stereotype of utter tosspot, all have been the people who actually failed in the army and are now just angry at everything.

This has reminded me of something I was thinking earlier after watching something on Discovery about WW2 and how soldiers seemed to be honourable guys who were just trying to do a job, even the enemy at that time, whereas today you just seem to see so many meatheads*, but your comment has made me think this... in modern warfare there is a much higher survival rate for our troops due to a huge difference in miltary technology and modern methods of warfare. I would guess in WW2 those who failed in the army, or who had a bad attitude, probably didn't come back. Just a theory.

* before the plebs start screaming - I said "many", not all, or most, just many - which is enough to be noticed.

Ok, so we should despise Christians because they root back to the religion that was responsible for the repression of scientific advancement of the middle of the last millennium? Good to know.

Just because two groups have similar roots doesn't mean they are alike in the here and now.

Or Jews, for... oh wait... we're not allowed to say anything about the Jews... :whistle:

Red Sea Pedestrians

Wow, strange post.

I know a couple of guys out in the mountains of Afhganistan now and whilst they hold the people they engage in combat with in utter contempt I have never heard one of them say they really enjoy what they are doing. There isnt any celebration in still being in a conflict that is going to exceed the years World War 1 & 2 achieved combined.

I suppose it is fun watching it on a TV though when you actually don't have to worry about if the next movement you make in the next 5 minutes could be the last of your life, or having to carry your mate back to the camp with a bullet in his leg knowing the speed of which you take him back probably decides if he will live or die, even worse when that moment dawns on you that what you are doing isn't going to be enough.

Is this what the Gears of war generation are growing up to believe what war is like?

We invaded 'their' country because of the atrocities they are causing to civilians! If the EDL started killing immigrants, would it be wrong to stop them because it's 'their' country? Of course not.

Let's not pretend that the average Pakistani loves the Taliban. The taliban kill far more innocent civilians than our troops accidentally injure.

I for one would love us to pull out, but the Gov is too stubborn to admit that the war is wrong.

Al seriously, why stick up for the Taliban? You seem to value their lives far more greatly than the lves of US/UK troops.

We invaded 'their' country because of the atrocities they are causing to civilians! If the EDL started killing immigrants, would it be wrong to stop them because it's 'their' country? Of course not.

Let's not pretend that the average Pakistani loves the Taliban. The taliban kill far more innocent civilians than our troops accidentally injure.

I for one would love us to pull out, but the Gov is too stubborn to admit that the war is wrong.

Al seriously, why stick up for the Taliban? You seem to value their lives far more greatly than the lves of US/UK troops.

WOW ! Four paragraphs and not one thing correct.

That must be some kind of record ?.

And yet we haven't invaded North Korea to liberate their citizens from Kim Jong Ill's reign of terror, we took many a decade to bother looking at Lybia, we didn't do anything about Mubarak and co in some of the northern African states, We've still done **** all about Cuba - why not if we invade to help civilians?

I'm not sticking up for the Taliban, nor do I value their lives more than US/UK troops - I just don't see that these are our "enemy" by choice, they fight us because we ****ing started it, they're just defending themselves. Also every single life is are equally as valuable.

So if you dont agree with the British army presence in Ireland in the past your sticking up for the IRA ?

Also i think you mean the average Afghan.

Unless ive missed something and we've invaded pakistan.

Anyone watching this on channel 4?

It's brilliant watching the rag heads get blown up by the Apache missiles!

Wow, I can see you hold the life of a fellow human being in high regard.

Did it ever cross your mind that some of these, as you so eloquently put it "rag heads", are being forced to fight to spare the lives of their families from groups such as the Taliban.

You should count yourself lucky you're living in a civilised, democratic country.

Archived