Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Fighting on the Frontline

The Yanks dreamt up Hajjis and the best we could manage was ragheads?

Reginald D Hunter is right, man, we're shit at racism.

Always have been, South Africa are still the team to beat.

It was not the use of the word 'raghead' in the OP but the contuation and defense of the OP despite more than reply said they thought it inappropriate. An apology or retraction to say that it was a bad choice of words would not have received the kind of posts that we have seen and this thread would be on page 5 with no revalation about Stu's army career.

Words are very powerful and graeat care have to be used when using them.

When are you not bitching about the other fans in the stadium, and not dropping into your post your season ticket. You've managed in the post above too. Well done! :thumbup:

And yes if you don't know 'raghead' is a racist term you are very good at pretending to be thick so as not to be banned or I've underestimated your mental ability and you really are one of Coalville finest legdraggers.

Pathetic. Mentioning I have a season ticket doesn't mean I mock other fans. You're trying to pick up on the slightest thing now. Perhaps the only time ive mentioned the season ticket is when talking about l block, or when someone posts a thread asking when someone last missed a home game.

For the record I do try to go to as many home games as possible. I'm lucky (or unlucky enough) to live in coalville, so it takes half hour to get to the ground. That's the reason I'm a STH. But having only held one for two seasons barely puts me in a position to make out I'm the biggest fan. As for aways, I've done two this season and intend to do two more. That's all I cab afford. Again, how can I mock other fans for that?

Stop trying to pick up on the SLIGHTEST thing, twisting them to make me out to be something in not. Especially when you can't find any posts to prove it.

In his defence "ragheads" is actually a general term used by the forces out there.

It's a clearly racist term here but I wouldnt be getting on anyone using it in the what of a battle whilst bullets are flying past your head.

Its one of the more endearing terms used to describe either the enemy who is trying very hard to end your life or a civil population who are not by enlarge not that bothered if they do. Rest assured the enemy have their own less than complementry vocabulary to describe the British soldier. In any case, set against the deadly violence ISAF often visit upon them, its a sticks and stones thing.

But the OP gave no clue that the term could be used in an endearing manner. I Key words funny, ragheads blown up missiles.

To the reader giving myself asn example but I cannot speak for others - ragheads meant the locals including the enemy and anyone else that was around. Funny and blown up Is it funny to see a person blown up be it any of the afore mentioned?

I just went with my first reaction to the statement made and those four keywords put togetrher ragheads funny blownup missiles swayed me to my way of thinking.

But the OP gave no clue that the term could be used in an endearing manner. I Key words funny, ragheads blown up missiles.

To the reader giving myself asn example but I cannot speak for others - ragheads meant the locals including the enemy and anyone else that was around. Funny and blown up Is it funny to see a person blown up be it any of the afore mentioned?

I just went with my first reaction to the statement made and those four keywords put togetrher ragheads funny blownup missiles swayed me to my way of thinking.

Never have I heard ragheads used to describe their local population. If you thought I meant it was funny watching the public being bloen up, then read back the first couple of pages.

For a start, would channel 4 be allowed to show videos of innocent people being blown up? No. Would I laugh about it? No.

Watch the end of the program, one Apache pilot said it wouldn't bear thinking about if he was to kill an innocent person. Too much has been judged on one post, one that could've been put better I admit. Though if people had watched the program they may haven't had all this needed explaining to them, before coming to a decision. The bloke who was showing the video to the soldiers used a couple of Un PC words himself to describe the taliban, though he didn't use the word raghead.

I think you have misunderstood my post.

I was going to mention that. At the time he was with a few other 'mates' and he said something so as to 'fit in' and 'be accepted' He appologised afterwards and admitted it was inappropriate.

As far as I know he has not repeated the remarks while on civvy street or on a football forum messageboard.

I was going to mention that. At the time he was with a few other 'mates' and he said something so as to 'fit in' and 'be accepted' He appologised afterwards and admitted it was inappropriate.

Not seen it yet, but presumably he was fitting in with army mates? Using words that are commonly used by the army.

He's bound to apologise being a role model and future king. Only speculating though as I've not seen the video

I find that disturbing, but not surprising. It's because of this type of institutional racism that puts people from certain comminuties joining the armed forces.

Example, the most decorated regiment in the Indian army is the Sikh regiment. Sikhs makeup less then 2% of the India's population, yet make up over 30% of the India's armed forces. In the UK, there are over half a million SIkhs, every SIkhs home has had military association of some sort, yet I would say 0.01% have joined the forces in this country. I would say, being called a P*** or Raghead for a SIkh in the army, your fighting for would cause alot of problems for the Sikhs.

Not to say the SIkhs do not want to fight for there country, the SIkhs and the British Army and Prince Charles himself have requested the creation of a Sikh Regiment, just like the Gurkha, London Irish, Welsh and Scottish regiments, this way would allow the SIkhs to keep up there fighting traditions and also be part of the forces. BUT unfortunately the equalities commision etc refused and the matter is now shelved. I myself may have joined and I know many others who would have.

You ask why have seperate regiment, one reason is the possible prejudice and lack of knowledge of SIkhs, second is that Sikhs have installed in them a warrior tradition with there own war\battle cry, which they believe gives them the advantage, and it's been tried and tested, and almost always successful.

As far as I know he has not repeated the remarks while on civvy street or on a football forum messageboard.

That makes it OK, a slap on the wrist and don't do it again!!! I don't care what scenario i'm in, I would never use racist words to describe anyone!!

I'd have no problem with a Sikh regiment. The gurkhas have their own. But in the time when they're merging regiments together there's no chance

London Irish SIkh regiment sounds fine!!! 1 SIkh regiment compared to several Irish, Welsh and Scottish, taking a few soldiers from each will not be a problem, aslong as the proud Sikh regiment traditions are kept!!

Singhy has one that size just for his bellend, mate.

lol IF only true!!

That makes it OK, a slap on the wrist and don't do it again!!! I don't care what scenario i'm in, I would never use racist words to describe anyone!!

It all depends what you'd regard as racist. Raghead is not the best term maybe, but I certainly didn't start it.

Is limey a racist word for example? To some it may be, to others like me its certainly not.

A friend of our family got suspended from his PE teaching job, when when managing the girls football team during a match he told one of his players to mark the black girl. I think their team was about to take a quick throw, and this girl was unmarked. That, IMO is hardly racist. If someone is black they're black. If someone's white they're white. probably irrelevant to what you're saying, apologies if so.

Archived