Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Fighting on the Frontline

How has this thread turned into a rational discussion about Britain's interests abroad?

Have we finished chastising lcfcstu for being a cvnt?

Because we're all too intelligent (whistle.gif) to need to carry on chastising lcfcstu.

Or because it should be clear to him that he is a fotze and nothing more need be said.

Cheers. This be viewed as an appalling piece of foreign policy in 50 years time. Far worse even that now.

Absolutely. It's strange how governments can still pull the wool over the publics eyes and make conflicts look like noble causes, they've been doing the same thing for hundreds of years. The amount of wars that we fought in the past that were deemed honourable because we were helping another nation that was geographically vulnerable etc, when we now know they were fought to protect and gain trade routes etc.

Absolutely. It's strange how governments can still pull the wool over the publics eyes and make conflicts look like noble causes, they've been doing the same thing for hundreds of years. The amount of wars that we fought in the past that were deemed honourable because we were helping another nation that was geographically vulnerable etc, when we now know they were fought to protect and gain trade routes etc.

(cough) Falklands (cough)

The Falkland Islands are basically floating on a big fvck off pool of oil. This will cause problems in the future and Argentina may have another crack at them, especially if our navy keeps shrinking.

The Falkland Islands are basically floating on a big fvck off pool of oil. This will cause problems in the future and Argentina may have another crack at them, especially if our navy keeps shrinking.

I thought they had realised by now there actually isnt much there?

I thought they had realised by now there actually isnt much there?

According to that BBC article.

In 1998 six wells were drilled, targeting one layer of sandstone - but not enough oil was found and the low price meant further exploration was abandoned

Now the price of oil has risen, there is potentially more profit to be made from drilling deeper, into untested sandstone on sides of basin

The area known as "Liz" will be the first prospect drilled - geologists say there is a 17% chance of finding an oil reserve of about 391m barrels

I'd just like to point that Argentina invaded the Falklands illegally, that war wasn't our fault. We were negotiating a lease back arrangement when they invaded and the islands would probably be in Argentine hands by now if they hadn't invaded.

I used to know lcfcstu quite well. He was in the army for a short period. After a while, he was informed of a decision which would see him sent to fight on the front line, I can't quite remember where. He didn't like the sound of this. So he got his parents to write a letter, requesting he be released from the army, citing personal reasons along the lines of depression. He got his wish.

I used to know lcfcstu quite well. He was in the army for a short period. After a while, he was informed of a decision which would see him sent to fight on the front line, I can't quite remember where. He didn't like the sound of this. So he got his parents to write a letter, requesting he be released from the army, citing personal reasons along the lines of depression. He got his wish.

What?

Get the feeling that the comment your referring to went over your head.

think of the general feeling towards your first post then read the mentioned comment again.

Hopefully you will get it then :thumbup:

There is no hidden meaning. I used to know Stuart Ellison. The post i wrote about him is true. He got his parents to get him out of the army.

Archived