Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Rap & Hip Hop

On 12/05/2022 at 16:07, Samilktray said:

Yeah the Griselda album isn’t anywhere near as good. Stick to the solo stuff as they all pop up on them anyway. Any of the Alchemist produced projects are essential listening 

You checked the new Big Ghost/Conway album? 

On 04/07/2022 at 19:38, foxfanazer said:

How have I only just discovered Kano? Granted I gave it a go because of watching Top Boy but still

Oh mate, you're in for a treat. 

Home Sweet Home, Hoodies All Summer & Made in the Manor are all classics.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something old - 2pac, All Eyez on me.  My favourite of his tracks.  What's yours?

Something new - Lunar C - Most High.  Great album from 2022.  What's you're fave hip hop/rap album of 2022?  

Something Blue - Big L 98 Freestyle.  What's your favourite freestyle?

This thread needs a big bump and far less fvcking Kendrick.  

Edited by Bordersfox

On 06/08/2022 at 21:31, Bordersfox said:

Something old - 2pac, All Eyez on me.  My favourite of his tracks.  What's yours?

Something new - Lunar C - Most High.  Great album from 2022.  What's you're fave hip hop/rap album of 2022?  

Troublesome 96, Keep ya head up or To live and die in L.A. Dear mama is an incredible song also

• Like 1

On 06/08/2022 at 21:31, Bordersfox said:

Yeh, good shout! He's released some great projects, deserves to be more well known.

My faves this year have been Pusha T - It's Almost Dry & Conway the Machine - God Don't Make Mistakes

On 11/08/2022 at 09:23, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh, good shout! He's released some great projects, deserves to be more well known.

My faves this year have been Pusha T - It's Almost Dry & Conway the Machine - God Don't Make Mistakes

Nice, I liked the Conway album but didn't love it.  I'll have to give it another bash.  

Haven't listened to the Pusha T one but will do so 👍  Always looking for new recommendations as sometimes it feels like my Spotify is stuck in the 90s and early 2000's.   I find too much of the new stuff I hear lacks the soul/funk element of earlier hip hop and I struggle to get invested in it.  

I was recently introduced to the Locket by Mr Jukes and Barney Artist, 2021 album. Well worth checking out for those who like the G Funk kind of flows.  

On 11/08/2022 at 09:23, BrummieFOX said:

I listened to the Pusha T album.  There's some nice music on there for sure. 

I'm probably a dinosaur but like a lot of modern rap/hip hop it's basically talking to music.  Yes some clever rhymes but nothing about the words and rapping excites me.  Polished sure, but the main focal point isn't the skill or energy of the rapping.

For modern stuff I'll take someone like Rugged Man over that every time.  Now that dude can spit.  

Just personal taste of course and always happy to try any new recommendations. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I heard it on Radio 4 news and thought.... wtf! 

I couldn't work out why is was a) on R4 news and b) not streamable before and c) why it'd taken so long.  I must find out more. 

I've had 3 ft high and rising since release so it was real  'blast from the past' news. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...