Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

McLaren were dreadful really. ALOT slower than Ferrari, Redbull and Lotus, and yet they looked to have the quickest car is Australia. Usually in the past they are good at developing the car but this year they have been poor.

Ferrari now 2nd in the constructors lol Such a good improvement from the start of the season.

I'm not really sure why Fernando was so slow on the option at the end there :/ Usually it's the quicker tyre but Webber swanned past.

Still a commanding championship lead though.

All the cars were slower on the option, hamilton only did 8 laps on his. I don't think ferrari can be blamed. Uusally running the hard first and then running the softs with less fuel and a more rubbered in track is the way to go.

It seemed like his rear end simply got away from him, something that can and has happened to plently of drivers. I personally would put it down as a racing incident.

It seemed like his rear end simply got away from him, something that can and has happened to plently of drivers. I personally would put it down as a racing incident.

That's what I thought. I know Maldonado has been a bit of a dick a few times over the last couple of season, but I just think today was just unfortunate. As you say his rear slipped, as had happened to a few drivers and he slipped into Perez. Still Maldonado deserves more severe sanctions than he has received in the past so hopefully taking some cash off him might make him buck his idea up.

Webber has now signed an extension to stay at Red Bull for the 2013 season. He's really stepped up his game this year and has got to grips with the Pirelli tyres, showing brilliant consistency during the races, so I think this was an easy decision for both parties.

That's a bit shame really. In recent races I've grown to like the idea of Webber in the Ferrari for a season.

Would have been an ideal one-year fix if Vettel is coming in for 2014.

So bearing that in mind, if Felipe keeps improving it might be worth keeping him on for the year. Other linked drivers, such as Perez and Hamilton, would obviously be more long-term. Maybe bringing back Schumacher for a final year? :P

That's a bit shame really. In recent races I've grown to like the idea of Webber in the Ferrari for a season.

Would have been an ideal one-year fix if Vettel is coming in for 2014.

So bearing that in mind, if Felipe keeps improving it might be worth keeping him on for the year. Other linked drivers, such as Perez and Hamilton, would obviously be more long-term. Maybe bringing back Schumacher for a final year? :P

Like you said, if Massa keeps on performing like he has in the last few races then they may not need a replacement. Even though I'm not a Massa fan, I would love to see him on the podium this year.

I think recent performances have shown that when the car is more drivable, Massa is able to hold his own.

You have to say that with McLaren struggling for pace, Button is doing just as badly as Massa was before Ferrari improved.

Archived