Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

That's what I thought. I know Maldonado has been a bit of a dick a few times over the last couple of season, but I just think today was just unfortunate. As you say his rear slipped, as had happened to a few drivers and he slipped into Perez. Still Maldonado deserves more severe sanctions than he has received in the past so hopefully taking some cash off him might make him buck his idea up.

His fine is chump-change compared to the amount of cash that boys rolling in. He's a dangerous driver who should be thrown out of the sport and the only driver who I can say I actually dislike.

Yeah, I think Mercedes would be a good shout for PdR, and he obviously has Mercedes connections already.

I really can't see Schumacher remaining competitive beyond the end of this season.

He's getting better and better at the moment so I would expect him to stay on.

7 & 8th qualifying for McLaren. Not good at all.

Seems their updates have improved them immensely in the dry, however doesn't look as if anybody bothered to check if they'll do any good in the wet stuff.

If Hamilton follows through and has a bad race tomorrow, i can't imagine that will help in his contract negotiations.

7 & 8th qualifying for McLaren. Not good at all.

Seems their updates have improved them immensely in the dry, however doesn't look as if anybody bothered to check if they'll do any good in the wet stuff.

If Hamilton follows through and has a bad race tomorrow, i can't imagine that will help in his contract negotiations.

Almost impossible to predict how a car will perform in the wet, especially when the level of water on the track is constantly changing throughout a session. We also won't know how good the McLaren is in the dry until the race tomorrow (it should be dry) because the McLaren has often looked good in the practice sessions and Q1/2 before being left behind in Q3. I just can't believe the change in fortunes for McLaren and Ferrari since the first race, it's crazy.

I don't think the Ferrari was as bad as they led people to believe. Always had pace, just a few issues at the start of the season made it hard to get a good single lap out of.

McLaren were probably flattered by Ferrari and Red Bull both having drivability issues in the first couple of races.

I actually think the Williams is very good this year and would like to see Hamilton sign for them for next year altthough i have no idea if that is something he would consider.

I think this is Alonsos year, his driving combined with how he is set up with the team is very impressive. Only thing that can stop him is the genius of Adrian Newey.

Out of the top 9 times there were no exceptionally bad cars, they've been close all season (bar Toro Rosso perhaps). Ferrari were just quite low down in the pecking order making people believe that they had a poor car when they hadn't, it's just that teams like Williams and Sauber had designed a better car than them at the time.

I just can't believe the change in fortunes for McLaren and Ferrari since the first race, it's crazy.

Absolutely, it's incredible.

I'd probably quite enjoy looking back through the thread at everyone properly loving life when McLaren were on top and completely writing off Ferrari.

But when was the last time McLaren managed to win a constructors? Not in this millenium. Which is quite staggering, considering they've always had (at the very least) a top three car since their last success. Always find a way to screw it up lol

It's all relative and the fact is, Ferrari had an average car for the first four races. They did a brilliant job to improve the car so much for Catalunya. It also highlights how important it was for Alonso to collect as many points as he did at the start of the season because now he's in a position where he can win the championship by simply scoring top 5 positions every race, which his car is now capable of doing.

Cleared.

No surprise there then....

Yeah.

Well, no doubt if they had been demoted we'd be reading all the 'OMGZ ITZ DA FURRAREI INTANASHNUL ASISTANTS!!!" comments.

I'm glad it's been cleared up before the race though, and we shouldn't be faced with a scenario of a result that would be dramatically altered post-race.

Oh, and McLaren should have a great chance in this race.

Depends how long it takes them to dispatch Schumacher, Hulkenberg and Maldonado in front of them, whilst Vettel & Alonso will probably be speeding away.

Anyone else think the interviews on the podium is absolutely shit? :|

Another fantastic race from Alonso, but I'd expect Vettel to get a penalty.

But seriously, what was the point of Hamilton fighting with Vettel when a lap down when he had earlier been crying to his team that he wanted to give up and retire, and later retired anyway?

I'm sure Hamilton would agree with that kind of conduct if he was chasing Alonso and it was Massa a lap down in his way...

Archived