Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

Good win for Alonso, he is really doing the business this season. But on a side note Ferrari's nationalistic Italian bollocks is incredibly annoying.

Good positives for McLaren however and nice to see Button being competitive once again. Deep down i think Hamilton will be quite satisfied with the performance of his car as well.

Anyone else think the interviews on the podium is absolutely shit? :|

Another fantastic race from Alonso, but I'd expect Vettel to get a penalty.

But seriously, what was the point of Hamilton fighting with Vettel when a lap down when he had earlier been crying to his team that he wanted to give up and retire, and later retired anyway?

I'm sure Hamilton would agree with that kind of conduct if he was chasing Alonso and it was Massa a lap down in his way...

1)Moderately entertaining race.

2) Podium interviews are cringeworthy and should be exterminated..

3)Vettel deserves a penalty for that - he would have had Button anyway, so it was silly really.

4) Red Bull will be forced to change their mappings - even if they don't get any comeback.

Next... Hungary.

Good win for Alonso, he is really doing the business this season. But on a side note Ferrari's nationalistic Italian bollocks is incredibly annoying.

Good positives for McLaren however and nice to see Button being competitive once again. Deep down i think Hamilton will be quite satisfied with the performance of his car as well.

the problem is they keep broadcasting it, if its in Italian why bother, unless they have someone to translate

I'd more wonder why sky/the bbc can't find someone to translate for us, its not like they are speaking their own special language.

Hamilton really has had the worst of the luck this year, frustrating as well that buttons pitstops were spot on.

the problem is they keep broadcasting it, if its in Italian why bother, unless they have someone to translate

Standard feed to all broadcasters - I totally agree, they should have someone to translate it for them though.

I'm going to the Hungarian Gp next week. Don't expect Hamilton to do anything, I'm his unlucky charm. In the 4 races i've been to, he's been disqualified twice, run into the back of Kimi in the pitlane, and failed to make it out of Q1 :D

If only Alonso could have done something awful as well we could have had my favourite drivers 1st, 2nd and 3rd. :D

Glad to see Kimi getting stronger and stronger, it'd be nice to see him settle and really pushing next year if the car is up to it.

Why shouldn't the Ferrari team be allowed to communicate in their own langauge? lol

I haven't got a problem with them communicating in Italian. It's more the whole Ferrari = Italy nonsense, it's all a little vulgar in my opinion.

Ferrari aren't any more nationalistic than McL are they?

Seriously, the rimming they get from the Beeb you could believe they're actually the official British national team.

Never noticed that at all. :dunno:

Ferrari aren't any more nationalistic than McL are they?

Seriously, the rimming they get from the Beeb you could believe they're actually the official British national team.

McLaren don't decorate their cars, drivers uniforms, team uniforms and merchandise with the union flag, nor do its British team members fly huge union flags whenever one of the drivers (British or not) wins a race. Nor does the British government get involved when McLaren has a few bad seasons.

Though im not denying that a lot of people do consider the McLaren team the predominant "British" team, after all they are certainly the most successful team to come from this country and indeed in F1 altogether in terms of wins per race, plus both of their current drivers are world champions of British heritage so the media coverage should be expected, however i don't think anyone would think of McLaren as Team GB F1.

I'm going to the Hungarian Gp next week. Don't expect Hamilton to do anything, I'm his unlucky charm. In the 4 races i've been to, he's been disqualified twice, run into the back of Kimi in the pitlane, and failed to make it out of Q1 :D

I dont expect him to do anything anymore anyway. Really, really, really want Kobayashi to win a race

Got a great seat on the final bend for this weekend. Possibly a wet race on Sunday, its rained here at 1.30 pm for the last 2 days and 40% chance of thunder storms for sunday

I really hope not. Lotus are awful in the wet and I'm hoping Kimi can maintain his championship position over the summer break.

Hoping for a dry race, i think McLaren have the fastest car in the dry and Hamilton must surely win this one to stand any chance of reeling in Alonso for the title.

I agree.

If Alonso scores more points than Hamilton in this race then I think his chances are effectively over. In my opinion he's been good this year, so I can only imagine the frustration of his fans that he's so far off Alonso at this stage of the season.

Hamilton was very strong, but sums up Alonso that he's way off the pace of the leaders but STILL manages to increase his championship lead lol

Even if the Ferrari can't maintain a competitive edge, unless one of Webber, Vettel, Hamilton, Raikkonen etc can consistently be on the podium and win races then he's got a great, great opportunity this year.

Hamilton was very strong, but sums up Alonso that he's way off the pace of the leaders but STILL manages to increase his championship lead lol

Even if the Ferrari can't maintain a competitive edge, unless one of Webber, Vettel, Hamilton, Raikkonen etc can consistently be on the podium and win races then he's got a great, great opportunity this year.

It was impressive stuff from alonso, overtaking perez was very important to keep him in front of webber after the first stops. Ferrari was only the fourth fastest car and yet Alonso finished ahead of both Button and Webber due to better strategy, controlled aggression and not making mistakes.

Alonso just needs to carry on maximising his points total and it will then be down to someone having to dominate the last 9 to take the title off him.

Hamilton was brilliant all weekend and he deserved the victory. Raikkonen also had a great weekend, but he messed up his Q3 lap. That turned out to be the difference between 2nd place and victory for him.

The battle for 2nd place in the championship is very interesting at the moment, with four drivers (three of them world champions) seperated by only eight points.

Also interesting that Ferrari apparently want Kimi back...

Archived