Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matt Mills Awful Again

He does piss me off as he only seems to go back to Kasper or lump it forward and 90% of the time he pulls off a Frank Sinclair wonder-pass, straight into the stands. But credit where it's due, his ball to Dyer was fantastic. Cannot believe his yellow card. Our skipper running 30 yards to moan at the (granted, terrible) referee. I thought as captain he'd run over and calm it down. He can pull off some superb tackles, in his defence and I do have faith in him. Seems to be 50% good and 50% bad in matches. Never has a completely brilliant game or a completely bad one. Apart from Reading at home.

ffs wat does everyone has against matt mills?? sure he had a rocky start but didnt most players. he makes mistakes but most players do!! he is the only defender trying to get the ball up the pitch hes is doin a better job than the midfield!! im just getting annoyed with the matt mills haters

Another clueless, scapegoating thread.

Mills is a very important player for us! Althought people wont admit it were a much worse team without him.

People who say he doesnt care are clearly clueless, this is the guy who sprints 30 yards every time the ref makes a bad decision and sprints the length of the pitch to join in with the celebrations.

He puts his body on the line for us, Makes vital challanges and blocks, wins the majority of headers.

Yes his distribution is very poor but why isnt Pearson doing anything?

Nobody is perfect, if they were they wouldnt be playing for Leicester City!

His passing was shit as usual. and about the assist he got, if you attempt a long ball 100 times in a season one will definitely reach the target. However minus his passing i thought he played very well today and did a good job in defence. But I still dont see him as captain material or worth five million.

All this talk of Hoof ball, there were a lot long balls today but they were all aimed at a player, whether they got there or not is another matter. It wasn't just hit and hope.

It happens game after game mate, same old hoof ball which never finds players.

I know he tries to aim them at players but sometimes he gets them so far off it is beyond embarrassment.

People will stick up for him, some people won't.

And im a person who won't, I despise the guy in all honest truth. I have watched City since 2005 properly, and he is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

He's not a bad defender, he wins most of his headers, often makes good tackles and throws his body in front of goal bound shots. His distribution is no worse than most central defenders in this division.

Maybe we paid too much for him but that's not his fault.

He's not a bad defender, he wins most of his headers, often makes good tackles and throws his body in front of goal bound shots. His distribution is no worse than most central defenders in this division.

Maybe we paid too much for him but that's not his fault.

I agree Webbo it's not his fault and he's not a bad defender at all, I think he lacks the ability to organise the back line though which I'd expect from him. Money wise It's a problem were facing in signing players. Every club and player knows we have money and it's not helped by the owners and press stating transfer budgets here and there every time the window opens or when we appoint a new manager.

So if he'd come on a free transfer he wouldmbe ok but because he cost money he's shit. Guys, its not your money so shut up about that. Why should every player be judged against their fee or no fee, its complete bollocks, if you don't like him fair enough but for gods sake it was 4 million which barely would get us any player in the premier league, not 35 milion. Please shut up about the transfer fees

I don't like the Matt mills bashing. He does think hes beckham with his long balls but he's a defender. Why not criticise someone else for a change? Peltier has been very poor of late. Out of position very often and has been the reason we've conceded a couple of goals recently. Yes his price tag was tiny compared to mills, but thats not mills' fault

Two reds and four bookings before the new year, a shaky defence that has the keeper as it's star player, can not pass or hold the ball, captain of sinking ship on which some of jumped overbroad and the rest of the crew stand waiting for the water to rise and to think people called Oakley. Shame footballers don't come with a money back clause in their contracts.

What does it say about our club, and the league we're in, when a player with all the supposed limitations of Mills can skipper Reading to a play-off final?

Maybe we should have approached Reading and tried to bring Brian McDermott in after we got rid of Sven.

Archived