Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matt Mills Awful Again

You can't blame Mills for costing 5 million, he probably knows he's not worth that but that puts more pressure on him to pay back the club for the price they payed.

As much as I love him he's not been what we were all expecting but he does the basics brilliantly and that's what we need. Yes his passing is terrible everyone knows that but what is he supposed to do if we have no midfield helping him? If you don't have a midfield you hit it down the channels and that's what he does.

He's saved us countless times from conceding but most people want to bitch about him instead of looking at the positives. On top of that with todays performance, he had to play 2 positions seeing Peltier fancied going for walk abouts most of the game.

I say give the guy a break. Yes he's not worth 5 million, yes he's not a leader but what he is good at is being a defender.

You can't blame Mills for costing 5 million, he probably knows he's not worth that but that puts more pressure on him to pay back the club for the price they payed.

As much as I love him he's not been what we were all expecting but he does the basics brilliantly and that's what we need. Yes his passing is terrible everyone knows that but what is he supposed to do if we have no midfield helping him? If you don't have a midfield you hit it down the channels and that's what he does.

He's saved us countless times from conceding but most people want to bitch about him instead of looking at the positives. On top of that with todays performance, he had to play 2 positions seeing Peltier fancied going for walk abouts most of the game.

I say give the guy a break. Yes he's not worth 5 million, yes he's not a leader but what he is good at is being a defender.

The basics brilliantly? lol

Thats cheered me up.

He's very, very poor.

Sometimes pulls off a long range pass but that's because he plays so many because of his distinct lack of ability to play simple, short passes. They invariably only find their target if he's not under pressure as well. Put the heat on him as a striker and he's all over the place. Andy Gray embarassed him at Oakwell a few months ago and there were times he did so again today.

His positioning is poor, he offers little more than Brown or Hobbs did and he's rash and ill-disciplined. Would love us to cut our losses by shipping him out if we can get something based upon this reputation that he built at Reading, or at the very least bring in someone to play alongside Bamba so that he can sit on the bench.

Seeing him wearing the armband makes me sick. The guy certainly doesn't lead by example and if I were a player in that squad I'd be wondering how someone who's not even one of our top five or six performers is supposed to lead the team. Come to think of it isn't that what St Ledger did? (The petulant little pr*ck he is granted).

Give the armband to Schmeichel now. I swear at one point today Mills was telling Kasper to quieten down when he was trying to do Mills job and get the team pumped up a little. Mills is meant to be the voice of the players, the leading figure yet I can't remember him having once made the effort to acknowledge the fans win, lose or draw.

Frankly I am appalled to see that some fans actually think he is good.

But you are entitled to your opinions.

Knew when I made this thread, that some people would agree and some people wouldn't, but I couldn't care a less, I absolutely hate the guy for footballing reasons.

To make myself clear.

1.I hate players who play hoof ball

2.I hate players who don't seem to care when playing

3.I hate players who make rash decisions in games

4.I hate players who make sloppy passes

Matt Mills fills all them 4 points perfectly, people who are sticking up for him did you even see his dreadful back pass?

Luckily Kasper saved us again, if that went in the people who are sticking up for his performance today would probably be slagging him off, if his mistake led to a goal.

The instruction of what to do in situations and how to play is the management's. he is following instructions to play long diagonal balls.

It's a tactic NP introduced. I think he watched the Red Lion Reserves and it worked for them well in their victory against Stellamen FC.

1 assit ?

1 great block tackle again ???

He was playing passes a midfield is supposed too? Not always to targets but we are so static what do u expect....

Shit thread!

Sorry, but he really is that awful. In the last game I watched him, as he was shaky to say the least at the start, it took 9 passes to get the first one to a team-mate (and I don't mean hurried clearances). As someone mentioned, yet again an uneccesary card and doubtful positioning, don't get fooled by the odd 'do or die block', it doesn't make up for his general complete incompitence!

As a reading fan this post has just made my season.

All those comments we got back in September calling us jealous when we told you how bad he was. Give it a few months and he'll literally be flipping you guys the bird just like he did to our fans when ever we complained about another hoofed pass!

As a reading fan this post has just made my season.

All those comments we got back in September calling us jealous when we told you how bad he was. Give it a few months and he'll literally be flipping you guys the bird just like he did to our fans when ever we complained about another hoofed pass!

Which sums up your season - piss off

When I say makes our season.. I mean very minutely.. Winning 8 from the last 11 is more enjoyable for sure.. But being a resident of Leicester it's always nice to see your money spunking and it's delusions of grandure finishing behind our league two strike force and kids

Would we be saying the same thing if he only cost 500k?

He didn't dictate the transfer fee, and unless he has a huge ego probably wasn't over the moon at having such a high price tag on his head as it makes him an easy target

Having said that, it will be an interesting insight into his character to see if he can pull through this & come out the other side a leader. I hope he does, but the seeds of doubt have been sown

The reason he has to hoof it is because none of the bloody midfield are willing/good enough to create space, turn, and then look for precision passes. Mills is a defender! so therefore his job is too... DEFEND, not play 50 yard passes. I mean please name a CB in the world that can do that, (not many). When we find a midfielder who is happy to take the ball of the defenders and turn comfortably and pick out a pass then you will see, because then mills wont have to play the impossible balls he is forced into doing. We need a midfielder with some swagger who has the confidence to do so, (like jonjo shelvey did against us) albeit in a losing cause. So for those who blame his passing ability you need to see the bigger picture. He is there to DEFEND not spray 50 yarders!!

why,why,why,why,why do you post threads like this he was one of only 3 maybe 4 who played well today and has been playing well recently. i'm not one of his biggest fans but credit where credits due i will agree he does hoof it too much but that apart,hes doing well not 5 million i grant ya but the price aint his fault either :unsure:

Another joke scapegoat thread

People moan about his passing but what option does he have? Doesnt have anybody in midfield showing for him.

There is nothing wrong with his defending, wins 99% of headers and made numerous cruical blocks/tackles.

Morons!

Another joke scapegoat thread

People moan about his passing but what option does he have? Doesnt have anybody in midfield showing for him.

There is nothing wrong with his defending, wins 99% of headers and made numerous cruical blocks/tackles.

Morons!

I agree .... Didn't see him do much wrong yesterday apart from look long with his distribution .... but as i keep saying - That's what NP is telling him to do and he has no midfield options to release the ball to.

He's playing like a decent pub centre half in a decent pub side .... that's what we're asking of him and it's what he's delivering.

If we'd paid £1m instead of £5m for Mills I donb't think he would get half the abuse that he gets. We're just doing what LCFC supporters do best - destroy decent players confidence.

It's no wonder Billy Sharp doesn't want to come.

Archived