Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Corey Gregory in on a youth loan

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~2628304,00.html?

Young Blades midfielder Corey Gregory has joined Championship side Leicester City on a youth loan until the end of April.

Gregory, who has just turned 19, has previously been with Hucknall Town and Belper Town in similar loan spells.

Can you explain this for me?

Is he here because we're short of midfielders or because his club want him to get games or with a view to joining us?

If it's a youth loan then he cannot feature for the first team, So I think maybe one or two of the youths have been given the opportunity for first team chances and the youths need cover??

Pretty sure Waghorn joined on a youth loan and he played for the first team.

It is a weird one. If he isn't eligible for the first team, then I can only guess we're looking to sign him permanently. I can't imagine the academy could be short of players, and even if they were, I've never heard of a club loaning a player just to play for their u-18s.

Experience at Hucknall Town & Belper...I think we should get in there quick before Nigel Clough starts sniffing around and sticks him in the Derby first team :ph34r:

Seriously though, If he is 19yr and hasn't made any impact with Sheff Utd would he develop enough over the next 1-2years and being in contention for the first team? I think he could be another Moose tbh. I'm not having a pop at the lad but just think if he's good enough he would of made more of an impact in the lower leagues first.

Don't know anything about this one but apparently Fowler has signed for Blackpool.

lol I'm laughing but I bet he comes good for them. They seem to have this knack of signing players without spending fcuk all and yet still be a constant threat.

Fowler, Bednar, LuaLua & Phillips, dream team championship strike force for The Tangerines.

lol I'm laughing but I bet he comes good for them. They seem to have this knack of signing players without spending fcuk all and yet still be a constant threat.

Fowler, Bednar, LuaLua & Phillips, dream team championship strike force for The Tangerines.

Phillips (Kevin) is their top scorer!

Class player to be honest and Fowler in his prime was sensational.

I work with his mum and she was asking about the sort of club Leicester is and what the set up was like.

He is apparently being released by the Blades and has been offered a trial here after he impressed some of the youth team scouts a few weeks back.

I work with his mum and she was asking about the sort of club Leicester is and what the set up was like.

He is apparently being released by the Blades and has been offered a trial here after he impressed some of the youth team scouts a few weeks back.

What position does he play?

What position does he play?

Not sure but they offered Corey a contract after he completed a months trial but he was still tied into his contract there till the end of the season, so the only way they cud do it was sending him on loan, he has a lot to prove and only the next 8 weeks will tell! We've basically taken the kid on and spotted something in him they didn't, which is what Rudkin & co do best

Phillips (Kevin) is their top scorer!

Class player to be honest and Fowler in his prime was sensational.

Oh I agree. Kevin Phillips has looked great, especially for a 38yr old. It seems Holloway is definitely bringing the best out of the old timers and like I said it wouldn't surprise me if Fowler came good too.

Archived