Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

No more singing the (La) Sol Bamba song then? :cry:

Sing this instead

Heart full of Sol (Soul)

(Beck,Clapton,Page,Dreja, Relf.)

With a few changes to the words

Sick at heart and lonely,

deep in dark despair.

Thinking one thought only

where is he tell me where.

And if he says to you

He don't love me

just give him my message

tell him of my plea

And I know if he came back again

well I would never make him sad.

I've gotta heart full of Sol.

He's been gone such a long time

longer than I can bear

but if he says he wants me

tell him that I'll be there

And if he says to you

He don't love me

just give him my message

tell him of my plea.

And I know if he came back again

well I would never make him sad.

I've gotta heart full of Sol.

What we need to do is to keep Konchesky at all costs, get a young lad who can also play RB to watch and learn.

The whole central defense needs a revamp - neither Bamba or St. Ledger are solid and consistent enough for the Championship.

Bamba can be great at times, and then unbelievably shaky on other occasions.

St. Ledger has big troubles with long balls and his heading ability is more than suspicious (and that for a CB).

Also, get Peltier a loan deal somewhere else. Despite the fact that he's got big issues with his defending during matches, I think he has talent and we should keep him.

Maybe he should switch for a right midfield role instead - and we could get a proper RB (preferrably an experienced one to mentor De Laet).

THIS

Dont think any of our centre backs covered themselves in glory last season.

What we need to do is to keep Konchesky at all costs, get a young lad who can also play RB to watch and learn.

The whole central defense needs a revamp - neither Bamba or St. Ledger are solid and consistent enough for the Championship.

Bamba can be great at times, and then unbelievably shaky on other occasions.

St. Ledger has big troubles with long balls and his heading ability is more than suspicious (and that for a CB).

Also, get Peltier a loan deal somewhere else. Despite the fact that he's got big issues with his defending during matches, I think he has talent and we should keep him.

Maybe he should switch for a right midfield role instead - and we could get a proper RB (preferrably an experienced one to mentor De Laet).

Not this...

I defy any defence to not finally crumble behind some of the players in front of them, particularly when Danns wasn't playing.

The problem of 'defending' is a team thing, not only attributable to the back five.

There were so many games last season, even at home, when we lost the ball, got over run in the midfield and conceded goals.

This, for me, is the problem...

Peltier, Bamba, SSL, Morgan, Konch, and certainly Kasper are all good enough at this level to be able to set up as a good back line.

But it's law of averages, concede possession so cheaply further forward and the ball will come straight back at ya.. Which it did last season far far too often.

Reason why? We weren't good enough to keep it for very long.

Not this...

I defy any defence to not finally crumble behind some of the players in front of them, particularly when Danns wasn't playing.

The problem of 'defending' is a team thing, not only attributable to the back five.

There were so many games last season, even at home, when we lost the ball, got over run in the midfield and conceded goals.

This, for me, is the problem...

Peltier, Bamba, SSL, Morgan, Konch, and certainly Kasper are all good enough at this level to be able to set up as a good back line.

But it's law of averages, concede possession so cheaply further forward and the ball will come straight back at ya.. Which it did last season far far too often.

Reason why? We weren't good enough to keep it for very long.

Good post!!

Another box to box midfielder ( James?? Hope so.?.)

Plus a target man a MUST .!! Hold the ball up....!

Good post!!

Another box to box midfielder ( James?? Hope so.?.)

Plus a target man a MUST .!! Hold the ball up....!

I think we have the 'box to box' midfielders. Drinky and Danns?

I'd like someone to sit off the back five and mop up.

Don't know if you saw the England game this evening but the number of times Scott Parker got his foot in, blocked shots and simply set up play again was the main reason, for me, that we got a draw. He didn't go 'box to box', he left that for Gerrard to do.

Much like Lennon used to do for City, which enabled Izzett to get forward.

This is the type of player I'd like to see City have in the team. Strong, disciplined, sits and mops up, enabling the others to get forward and not leave us exposed.

I think we have the 'box to box' midfielders. Drinky and Danns?

I'd like someone to sit off the back five and mop up.

Don't know if you saw the England game this evening but the number of times Scott Parker got his foot in, blocked shots and simply set up play again was the main reason, for me, that we got a draw. He didn't go 'box to box', he left that for Gerrard to do.

Much like Lennon used to do for City, which enabled Izzett to get forward.

This is the type of player I'd like to see City have in the team. Strong, disciplined, sits and mops up, enabling the others to get forward and not leave us exposed.

In what formation?

England played a 4 4 1 1

Who would be your two in the centre of midfield? Like wise your front 1

1 ( two?)

Or options( another formation) I.e a 433? As I feel in a 442 ( my opinion?)

U need both your centre midfielders box to box ?

Danns + A n other?

As Danns an wellens wasn't good enough!!!

Danns and drinkwater didn't get long enough as a duo .... For reasons we all know...!

lol

I don't know mate

Im crap with all the formations etc...

I just reckon and have done for ages that we need a defensively stronger bloke in the middle so that those who can play a bit have the time and reassurance to do so.

Sven tried it I think but neither Abe nor Gelson were strong enough.

Just my opinion I'll leave it to Pearson to set us up.

Not bothered he's gone at all. Never saw the hype around him really, was very inconsistent and wasn't solid enough. He was exciting at times but I'm not bothered about excitement from a defender i want it from our attacking players. We got a decent fee for him hopefully we can also get rid of Mills and bring in a quality centre back like James Chester and hopefully we can become a force for next season and get back where we belong!

Archived