Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

So why did you suggest they hadn't seen him play? And why wouldn't they have had reps at Leicester games. Seems easy and logical to me.

You're just supposing.

I don't think the club are as concerned about losing on the prices paid but more getting some of those poor players off crazy wages (Bamba, Mills, Beckford, Vassell, Pantsil etc) which they have already starting doing and working their way through them

You have to add Gallagher and Wellens to this.

I didn't - I said they probably had seen him at the AC of N, rather than at Leicester

I'm not sure how much representatives from Trabzonspor have seen Sol play at Leicester

Your quote is above. I still read it as saying they haven't seen him play at Leicester but I'll happily apologise for misunderstanding you.

FIF - I'll try to clear this up, I was trying to say that they probably saw him play in the AC of N initially rather than at the King Power Stadium, as it is likely scouts from other countries attend major tournaments. No doubt they will have seen DVD's and maybe once interested, have sent someone over to watch him at Leicester. Although all this is a hypothesis, not fact. Apologies for the lack of clarity, it's not always easy to put into words an accurate account of what you are trying to say.

Well Pearson didn't over pay for that lot did he.

It's all about supply and demand. We're not exactly flooded for offers are we.

I'm aware it's not down to Pearson and I'm not blaming him for one second, but in relation to the fees we, the same club, have paid out, it's shocking.

Out of Sven's signing I'd say SSL is on the lowest wages, that's why he was disappointed not to be playing when greedy player's who weren't in form where starting.

I bet you he's on at least £10k a week. At least.

Whilst we all second guess what players are on - do we really know? I certainly think players came to Leicester last season for the money, rather than the desire to play for the club and hopefully Pearson will address this with players who are hungry for success.

Sorry if I missed something, Is this actually done there doesnt appear to be anything on the OS site I know its slow BUT.............

Stringer confirmed it a few days ago, the OS is shite, the club need to pay someone to update the bloody thing with new rather then rehash after rehash of Ritchie de Laet's interview

Sorry if I missed something, Is this actually done there doesnt appear to be anything on the OS site I know its slow BUT.............

Maybe they don't want to affect ST sales, despite many people being happy to see him go there are plenty out there that will be disappointed. He's been virtually the only entertainment down there for the last 18 months and not for his apparent mistakes before someone chimes in with that.

Stringer confirmed it a few days ago, the OS is shite, the club need to pay someone to update the bloody thing with new rather then rehash after rehash of Ritchie de Laet's interview

I don't think they're allowed to until everything is done and dusted.

Sorry guys but having watched last night's game, i stand by my comments that Bamba is defo a better defender than SSL.

SSL positionally is prob better but he's too weak and gets beat in the air too easy on so many occasions.

How people can slate Sol to death is beyond me! SSL is decent but nothing more....

For me, we're selling the wrong player!!

Sorry guys but having watched last night's game, i stand by my comments that Bamba is defo a better defender than SSL.

SSL positionally is prob better but he's too weak and gets beat in the air too easy on so many occasions.

How people can slate Sol to death is beyond me! SSL is decent but nothing more....

Agreed and maybe after his wondergoal we could get a lot more money for him.

Bamba may be a better defender but as a partnership he is a liability, we need a solid defense as a whole team, Bamba I am afraid isn't up to it.

What we need to do is to keep Konchesky at all costs, get a young lad who can also play RB to watch and learn.

The whole central defense needs a revamp - neither Bamba or St. Ledger are solid and consistent enough for the Championship.

Bamba can be great at times, and then unbelievably shaky on other occasions.

St. Ledger has big troubles with long balls and his heading ability is more than suspicious (and that for a CB).

Also, get Peltier a loan deal somewhere else. Despite the fact that he's got big issues with his defending during matches, I think he has talent and we should keep him.

Maybe he should switch for a right midfield role instead - and we could get a proper RB (preferrably an experienced one to mentor De Laet).

Neither of them are much cop, and i'd imagine that's why Pearson is after another CB to partner Morgan.

Neither of them are much cop, and i'd imagine that's why Pearson is after another CB to partner Morgan.

And sadly Morgan is a darker shade Norman Leet.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3032

Trabzonspor have released a statement on the Turkish Stock Exchange (KAP) regarding the transfer of Sol Bamba from Leicester City.

According to the statement, "Negotiations between Trabzonspor and Leicsester City FC have officially begun."

The Black Sea club are reported to have agreed an undisclosed transfer fee with The Foxes in a deal which will see the 27 year old defender make €1 million per season on a three year contract.

Bamba would be set to join his national team compatriot Didier Zokora in June for pre-season training.

The Ivory Coast international would also be joining Şenol Güneş should he make the move. Güneş achieved legendary status as manager when he took the Turkish national team to the Semi Final's of the 2002 World Cup.

The Trabzonspor manager has been building one of the strongest sides in Turkey, winning the Turkish cup twice, the Super cup once and finishing runner up on goal difference in 2010-11.

Bamba has represented the Ivory Coast 52 times and has made 37 appearances for Leicester City in the English Championship this season.

Archived