Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

Bit disappointed by this. He wasn't sensational every game, but he was very good more than he was very bad. I still can't remember a calamity that led directly to a goal really. He got himself in tricky situations and only he knows how he got out of them most the time, but that said he did get out of them. Some of the things he did were unbelievable.

He also got the crowd going, got the rest of the team going and was capable of randomly beating 3 or 4 from the back to lift the tempo of a drab affair (of which there will be many, many more to come, one assumes).

Oh well, onto the replacement.

I think Morgan is very one dimensional, but is a good defender in so much as he puts his body on the line, is difficult to get round and reads the game well. Just need some stabilty and a solid back 4 unit this season

He also got the crowd going, got the rest of the team going and was capable of randomly beating 3 or 4 from the back to lift the tempo of a drab affair (of which there will be many, many more to come, one assumes).

Oh well, onto the replacement.

Have to disagree about him getting the team going. Think it'll be a happier team without him, countless times he spent his time screaming at and arguing with other players. The example that immediately springs to mind is away at Leeds, when he was busy arguing with other players about who should go up for a corner towards the end of the game, was ridiculous to watch. Peterborough away and his arguing with Beckford is another example.

Have to disagree about him getting the team going. Think it'll be a happier team without him, countless times he spent his time screaming at and arguing with other players. The example that immediately springs to mind is away at Leeds, when he was busy arguing with other players about who should go up for a corner towards the end of the game, was ridiculous to watch. Peterborough away and his arguing with Beckford is another example.

Fair enough, each to their own. I wasn't necessarily meaning team spirit, more when we're having a lull in the game, usually at home, 10/15 minutes with no chances, just hoofing backwards and forwards. The crowd goes quiet (even more so than usual), the team look confused and disinterested. It needs someone to do something "interesting" or "special" to gee everyone up a bit and usually it'd be Sol turning two or three strikers and opening his legs to get going like some sort of horse let loose.

Granted it rarely results in a goal or a chance, but it "wakes the crowd up" and seems to remind the rest of the team and fans that there is a game going on etc.

So a non-League player from Fleetwood is worth a million pounds (rising to 1.7) but a central defender who played every single minute for his county in the African Nations without conceding a goal is not even worth a million!!! Something is drastically wrong.

So a non-League player from Fleetwood is worth a million pounds (rising to 1.7) but a central defender who played every single minute for his county in the African Nations without conceding a goal is not even worth a million!!! Something is drastically wrong.

Absolutely.

We managed to pay plenty yet rarely fleece other clubs when selling.

Sven's going to ruin this club spending millions on players and not getting a return. :mad:

It's been going on long before Sven.

Heskey is the only player I think we got a lot more money for than we normally would.

We managed to pay plenty yet rarely fleece other clubs when selling.

Probably down to the comedy wage requests we give in to. Bamba - high wage so a low selling fee to get him off the books and Trabzonspor will have to match his his wages. We've probably been doing what you do on Football Manager for months, offering out to all clubs for €2 million, 1.5, 1 and the bids come in. lol

Expect Mills and Beckford to go for similar fees. It doesn't help that our manager can't get on with players, we're going to lose millions here. It would have been cheaper to get rid of Pearson and hire a manager to manage these players.

Sounds expensive

Yep. If FourthOfficial believes we'll do "all that is possible", Hull City will believe we'll do "all that is possible", and they know by our standards £5m+ is definitely possible. Going to be another disaster, I'd assume.

I doubt we would bid more than £2m for Chester.

Doubt we'll sign him if that's the case. Hull know we're loaded, Hull (I don't think) aren't in any position to need to sell him, and they know quite a few teams are involved in wanting him. Haven't really followed the whole "Chester saga", has there been any change to when Fourth Official said he knows him personally and he wanted to play for a North West team? If that's still the case why are we even interested?

Doubt we'll sign him if that's the case. Hull know we're loaded, Hull (I don't think) aren't in any position to need to sell him, and they know quite a few teams are involved in wanting him. Haven't really followed the whole "Chester saga", has there been any change to when Fourth Official said he knows him personally and he wanted to play for a North West team? If that's still the case why are we even interested?

The best scenario we can hope for us is Chester wants to come offers a transfer request and forces a move here, the likelihood of that happening is slim but never say never :fc:

I think we'd go up to 3, and a new manager at Hull may be attracted by this. It seems he'd have a lack of money to spend so this would add to that nicely and enable him to make a couple of decent signings. Hull would have to be borderline bitter to turn down offers like that really

I think it's a good shout about transfer fees.

Not saying selling Bamba is a disaster but £800k, when in the last 2 years we've paid £5mil (potentially) for Mills, £3mil for Beckford, £3mil for Waghorn, £1.5mil for Konchesky, £1.2mil for St Ledger.

It's an embarrassment in honesty, NP's let me down a bit with the fee he's got.

I'm trying so hard to be excited by next season but Big Nige is doing everything he can to dismantle that excitement!

Oh ok let's get Sven back and be linked with Beckham and Given every month and bring in a load of big money signings...oh wait....(I thank Sven for what he did, it was an exciting time, but not very successful after all the expectation and excitment.)

Look i'm not going to say Pearson will bring us guarenteed success, i'm not even going to say he'll get us into the playoffs, but I believe he'll be more successful next season than last season under Sven and then Pearson taking over that team. I'd rather go about buisiness quietly, correctly, get things right, not waste a load of money, not have a media circus over who we are being linked with or splashing cash on and hopefully get some success. It's how Nigel does it.

Like I said whether it works and bring success is another question but he's done it before, let's hope he does it again.

That is his ideal situation, Leicester are mad on him, Chester if assess his options and thinks Leicester is the best for him, his family and his career then he will come, but he won't push through a move or request a transfer or dig his heels in, as he originally has his heart set on moving back 'home'

I think the last few posts on this thread demonstrate very well the predicament that Pearson is really in. Some of Sven's big name, big money signings will be sold ( again, if anyone wants them), most probably for a fraction of the price that we paid for them. Sol appears to be probably the exception to this. Ironically, he'd be the one I'd keep!

This means that Pearson either sticks with players he probably isn't keen on keeping, or let's them go for relative peanuts, thus not generating much further revenue to make transfers with.... Other than spending yet more of the Thais money.

The whole Sven project,I'm afraid, really was a load of old nonsense IMO.

I don't think the club are as concerned about losing on the prices paid but more getting some of those poor players off crazy wages (Bamba, Mills, Beckford, Vassell, Pantsil etc) which they have already starting doing and working their way through them

Archived