Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

I don't think the club are as concerned about losing on the prices paid but more getting some of those poor players off crazy wages (Bamba, Mills, Beckford, Vassell, Pantsil etc) which they have already starting doing and working their way through them

I think you're prob right mate but, I may be wrong, I doubt Sol is actually one of the 'bigger earners' is he? Not in relation to Mills, Beckford?

Dunno, just have a feeling Bamba isn't on huge money?

I've heard Bamba's agent is a greedy cvnt.

It fits really, seeing as he moved to us and signed a new deal within months, and now is signing for a team in a league that pay well over the odds for anyone wages wise.

Agents are scum. Get them all out. I'd literally ban the fvckers.

I think the last few posts on this thread demonstrate very well the predicament that Pearson is really in. Some of Sven's big name, big money signings will be sold ( again, if anyone wants them), most probably for a fraction of the price that we paid for them. Sol appears to be probably the exception to this. Ironically, he'd be the one I'd keep!

This means that Pearson either sticks with players he probably isn't keen on keeping, or let's them go for relative peanuts, thus not generating much further revenue to make transfers with.... Other than spending yet more of the Thais money.

The whole Sven project,I'm afraid, really was a load of old nonsense IMO.

You cant really say that as on the back of one bad defeat and just a couple of wins off the play offs he was sacked.

It was the owners choice to change tack at that point, and they took their time about the appointment of a new manager, so they got what they wanted.

Now they need to back him and his ideas on how to take the club forward, and it will undoubtedly cost them a lot of money.

But it was their choice.

You cant really say that as on the back of one bad defeat and just a couple of wins off the play offs he was sacked.

It was the owners choice to change tack at that point, and they took their time about the appointment of a new manager, so they got what they wanted.

Now they need to back him and his ideas on how to take the club forward, and it will undoubtedly cost them a lot of money.

But it was their choice.

That's spot on, Pearson has a completely different philosophy on football so the owners need to back him. Lets wait and see what happens next season when we have Pearson's stamp on the team and how they perform!

But it was their choice.

Fair play Mack, I can't really argue with much you say here.

I have the feeling that we were spiralling down under Sven, but it was only a feeling of course.

I think it's a good shout about transfer fees.

Not saying selling Bamba is a disaster but £800k, when in the last 2 years we've paid £5mil (potentially) for Mills, £3mil for Beckford, £3mil for Waghorn, £1.5mil for Konchesky, £1.2mil for St Ledger.

It's an embarrassment in honesty, NP's let me down a bit with the fee he's got.

Well Pearson didn't over pay for that lot did he.

It's all about supply and demand. We're not exactly flooded for offers are we.

At a guess I would say Sol was on at least £12k a week. He had 2 years left on his contract with us which works out at about 1.2 million. They haven't just given us 800k they have taken off 1.2 million of projected outlay.

From my understanding we paid £3 million up front for Mills with add ons, not £5.5million - these ad ons have not been activated yet. Konchesky was not £1.5, but £1 million, SSL £800,000 and Beckford £2 million rising to £2.5million with add ons. Still lots of money, but it's their wages that are crippling the club and probably causing disharmony in the dressing room. I'd keep Konchesky, because he consistently puts a shift in. The others, well I think Mills will definitely be moved on, maybe SSL and probably Beckford, although I do think he would score 20+ goals next season. As for Bamba - £800000, good profit, but maybe could have got £1.5mil in January when Blackburn were after him.

So a non-League player from Fleetwood is worth a million pounds (rising to 1.7) but a central defender who played every single minute for his county in the African Nations without conceding a goal is not even worth a million!!! Something is drastically wrong.

And so many City fans don't see it. Nice post.

From my understanding we paid £3 million up front for Mills with add ons, not £5.5million - these ad ons have not been activated yet. Konchesky was not £1.5, but £1 million, SSL £800,000 and Beckford £2 million rising to £2.5million with add ons. Still lots of money, but it's their wages that are crippling the club and probably causing disharmony in the dressing room. I'd keep Konchesky, because he consistently puts a shift in. The others, well I think Mills will definitely be moved on, maybe SSL and probably Beckford, although I do think he would score 20+ goals next season. As for Bamba - £800000, good profit, but maybe could have got £1.5mil in January when Blackburn were after him.

I think my memory is going - wasn't St. Ledger out of contract with PNE?

As for African Cup of Nations players; I think it's time we put that particular pro-Bamba argument to death. Just take a look at the winning Zambian squad - how many of them would you want to see in a Leicester shirt? Their captain plays for a Chinese Super League side which just finished 13th.

Leicester fans loved Bamba like they loved 'Rooster', Tommy Wright, Alan Paris, 'Sticks', Hume, Arnar Gunnlaugsson and Joey. Great to watch. And shit.

Fair play Mack, I can't really argue with much you say here.

I have the feeling that we were spiralling down under Sven, but it was only a feeling of course.

Fair enough mate, we've all got our opinions and who knows what would have happened had sven stayed.

You might be right and we may have been another season down the line and in the same boat.

The Thais didn't want to wait and find out.

Out of Sven's signing I'd say SSL is on the lowest wages, that's why he was disappointed not to be playing when greedy player's who weren't in form where starting.

Or there was a major European tournament happening at the end of the season and he wanted to keep his starting XI place :rolleyes:

And so many City fans don't see it. Nice post.

Does anyone actually know what the fee is? The only figure i've seen anywhere official is that they are to pay him €1m in wages. Nothing about the fee.

In answer to your point, its difficult when you pay £250k for a player and then 18 months later, try and sell for £1, 2, 3 million pounds as some are suggesting with no justification other than, 'he's played really well in some Championship games this season'. He's got a long time left on his contract so the amount that saves needs to be considered also.

I'm not sure how much representatives from Trabzonspor have seen Sol play at Leicester - I think he had a good African Cup of Nations and was probably spotted there. As for the fee, who knows - no doubt it will be reported as undisclosed. I wish this could be banned and transfers made more transparent.

I'm not sure how much representatives from Trabzonspor have seen Sol play at Leicester - I think he had a good African Cup of Nations and was probably spotted there. As for the fee, who knows - no doubt it will be reported as undisclosed. I wish this could be banned and transfers made more transparent.

Agree but part of the problem is they are more complex these days with add ons and sell on clauses.

I appreciate this, but surely they could say an initial fee of say £1.5million, raising to £2million depending appearances, promotion etc. I just feel as fans who follow their clubs it would be nice to know.

I guess they don't have dvd players or video recorders in turkey yet. Probably why they haven't been accepted into the European Union.

FIF Have you heard of scouts - they are pretty popular with football clubs, I think we have one or two - you can't judge a player by video and DVD's, unless your Martin Allen - enough said

Does he still write those informative letters on the club website lol

How?

By selling the few exciting players we have (and my favourites!)....

Vassell and Bamba would have definitely been in my squad next season ahead of Lloyd / King / Welllens / Waghorn for instance.

Pearson just likes different types of player, and I get that, but find it hard to be excited by it .... it's a long summer though, so we'll see!!

FIF Have you heard of scouts - they are pretty popular with football clubs, I think we have one or two - you can't judge a player by video and DVD's, unless your Martin Allen - enough said

You were the one saying that they hadn't seen him not me.

I just added to your foolishness.

It's very easy to find out about players these days and especially those in big leagues like england.

By selling the few exciting players we have (and my favourites!)....

Vassell and Bamba would have definitely been in my squad next season ahead of Lloyd / King / Welllens / Waghorn for instance.

Pearson just likes different types of player, and I get that, but find it hard to be excited by it .... it's a long summer though, so we'll see!!

I see you're point, but it's not all about excitement.

It's nice, and it'd be nice to do well whilst being exciting but that's normally not the way Leicester do it, we can't combine the two. If you were the owner, and have pumped millions of pounds into the club the last thing you care about it being exciting, you care about getting results.

Unluckily, Nigel isn't one for extreme excitement :rolleyes:

FIF - no doubt they will have watched DVD's on Bamba, but I doubt very much if they would be foolish enough to buy without seeing him play - and it more likely that they would have had representatives at the AC of N rather than at Leicester games. I think clubs invest in scouts to do just this, rather than just watching DVD's

Archived