Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

One of our longer serving players, 5th longest of those still here and regular starters last season.

Says something!

Another example of Big Nige not being able to manage big name players. If you are not young, impressionable, and easy to manage then Nige won't have it. I can't wait for some of you calling Bamba a liability to come back on here bemoaning the 'solid' (Which I guess means no pace, as mobile as a brick wall) defenders, once they begin to leak goals. The team we are building is one that will make the play-offs. Never will it win the league or finish second. A team built on lottery winning budgets, that will need to enter the luck of the draw at the end of the year.

Since when has Sol bamba been a big name player?

Goodbye Sol, thanks for the memories!

Great athlete but also a risk taker, puts himself and the team in trouble occasionally! However he was very solid and had pace about him! Hopefully we can bring in a better replacement!

Way to go, sell anyone that shows any glimpses of skill, if you can't hoof it from our 18 yd box into the apponents then your no good to NP or Leicester. Good luck Sol Hope you are appreciated more in Turkey than you our by our so called experts.

Way to go, sell anyone that shows any glimpses of skill, if you can't hoof it from our 18 yd box into the apponents then your no good to NP or Leicester. Good luck Sol Hope you are appreciated more in Turkey than you our by our so called experts.

:thumbup:

Agree with this.

I think this has been a feature of the forum all season, in relation to concerns about the defence.

Fair enough, the defence itself has sometimes looked shaky, but I'd wager even Walsh and Elliot would have looked shaky playing behind a team that is so easily dominated and cannot keep the ball as much as we were last season.

Until we develop a team that can keep the ball and retain possession, particularly when under pressure away from home, we will be having the same discussions next season about 'Chester and Morgan' not playing well together etc...

I feel quite convinced about this.

Yet Nigel has regularly played both Morgan and SSL who are both comfortable with the ball at their feet, but he's dropped Mills who really was a 'hoof it' defender.

Hes a very average Defender. He can be solid but can be clumsy. I think hes got the best header in the championship for a center back. He wins everything in the air. But while hes done well for LCFC. I say farewell and good luck :)

Being a back four is all about being an organised and stable unit. Its the old cliche 'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'

Are Wayne Brown and Jack Hobbs better than Sol Bamba and Matt Mills as individuals? No ofcourse not, but they functioned as a centre back pairing much better than any partnership we have had in a long time.

We have seen glimpses that Morgan could form a stable parternship with SSL and if not then with another defender that Nigel plans to bring in which will the backbone for us if we are to stand a chance of promotion. If we can put the same back 4 out on a regular occurance without chopping and changing week in, week out who are consistent then we have a good chance.

I'm afraid Big Sol was never going to be the man to provide consistancy and stability, although slightly sad to see him leave.

As many have said, likeable guy, who seemed to always give 100%.

Moving forwards, I was pretty sure he'd never really be a Pearson type player and I mean that as no disrespect to either the manager or player.

For me,I thought the final straw was Scotlands goal at Portman Road. It was too easy. I think past that point Pearson felt he wasnt the right man. Can't really criticise him too heavily for this but his weakness' were highlighted pretty brightly against Chelsea also.

Glad he wont be playing against us though and wish him all the very best in Turkey and beyond.

Absolutely correct - Bamba is a very good footballer and a decent defender, but a defence is all about how the unit operates and unfortunately we have been woeful for 2 seasons. Stability, defenders who see their role as primarily to stop the opposition scoring, who give the ball to midfield and communicate well is what we need.

He has gone.

He is an entertainer and I've enjoyed watching him. I do find it slightly disappointing that a player who played in every Africa cup of nation match in a strong team didn't seem to be quite good enough for the championship.

Again I think we have not got enough for him if reports are to be believed.

Defence needs some new additions and we desperately need some pace at the centre of defence. Morgan SSl and Mills are frankly mediocre at best and if we were lucky enough to go up would all need replacing. They represent the makings of a modest mid table defence.

I'm not saying he was consistently amazing, but at times he did some amazing things. He also had some howlers. But I liked him, so I am upset that we have lost a player that was fun, had some flair on and off the field and a got a great atmosphere in the crowd going.

Reynard - you seem to be forgetting that SSL is part of a very good Irish team that don't conceed many goals. Morgan, SSL + one more will be a good defence IMO for the Championship.

I understand what you are saying but with the exception of a few games for us he has looked especially ordinary. Maybe he gets better protection in the Irish team from his midfield? I don't know I don't follow irish international football. I hope you are right but Morgan looks pretty average as well IMO.

If I want to watch defenders play their way out of defence, I'll take a look at Brazil and enjoy it as a neutral. However, I'm happy for our defenders at Leicester to launch the ball when required; if in doubt. I'd soon rather have St Ledger and Morgan at the back; two defenders that have proven to be quality at this level.

By the way, I am not an 'expert'. I never claim to be. I just don't rate Bamba as much of other fans on here.

Archived