Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

The truth is, Sol just wansn`t a Pearson type centre half.

Pearson likes a no nonsense, get rid of it centre half, rather than a centre half that`s going to chest the ball down and go on a mazy run down the middle.

I`ve enjoyed watching Bamba, although he used to get himself into some sticky situations, he always seemed to get himself out of it, so i`m a bit disappointed to see him leave.

From the point of view of his central defensive partner though, i think he may have been a bit of a nightmare to play with, because you just never knew what he was going to do.

If they were that desperate i'm sure they'd have got a bit more than £250,000.

They're hardly a competitive Champions League team are they?! They managed a whopping one win and went out of the Europa League in the first knock-out round.

Lets see home many games he starts and see how well he performs against world class players before lauding him as a world beater.

Well pick whatever facts you want.

They only lost ONE game - better than anyone in their group.

They conceded LESS goals than anyone in their group.

They are the Turkish Champions.

I think that rates them higher than Leicester in anyone's mind other than us Leicester fanatics.

Once a maverick, always a maverick. Just pleased that he's not joining another Championship side. On his day as good as they come, yet he could make howlers and, as said before, Pearson likes his defenders to do the basics well, with little fuss and a no nonsence approach. We've tried the flair approach over the past two seasons with the likes of Bruma, Bamba PVA etc without success - let's get back to basics and see if this brings success. I've enjoyed watching Sol play, but will have less heart scare moments next season, hopefully.

How do you know that ?? Strange comment to make.

If Sol has been underpriced then other clubs would've nipped in once alerted.

Don't wish to be rude but have you ever managed a Championship football club ?? Just wondered why you seem to know more than Pearson.

Not really that strange.

It's been made clear that NP/Leicester want Mills out so Tabs can have him if they want and if you don't think that championship footballers like hobbs would not want to play on a champion team and in Europe then I think you're overestimating the level of championship football.

rude maybe not but pretty stupid to ask if I've ever managed a championship football club. I've never managed lower than the Champion's league :rolleyes: .

And if you're now saying that NP knows everything and couldn't make a mistake your blind faith is even crazier than mine - in answer to your question I use my brain to form opinions, without being rude you should try it and not just believe someone else knows everything.

John Paintsil played every minute for Ghana, does that mean he should be playing for a champs league team - how did he with out for us? I don't understand how people can constantly talk about potential and coaching - he is 26 and up until we signed him for 250k he was playing for HIBS! He has been great at times for us but some people seriously overrate him

when I watched him play for us at the beginning of the season I thought Pantsil was very good. Peltier came in to replace him and played very well too. then after playing in a great defence with Sol in the AFCON he had problems and never played again before leaving. Don't let facts or even possibilities get in the way of your blinkered thinking.

Well he certainly got supporters at opposite ends of the support spectrum. though maybe more of you disliked him than liked him.

when I watched him play for us at the beginning of the season I thought Pantsil was very good. Peltier came in to replace him and played very well too. then after playing in a great defence with Sol in the AFCON he had problems and never played again before leaving. Don't let facts or even possibilities get in the way of your blinkered thinking.

Firstly Sol and Pantsil play for different African nations so they did not play together at the AFCON. Secondly "blinkered" thinking is actually just my opinion that he is nowhere near as good as some people make out. He has had some great games for us and looks class at times but the inconsistency is the reason he will never be a world beater.

But his awful positioning did - he also got caught too far up the field when Chelsea broke away and scored - I'm not blaming Sol for poor defensive displays last year, but he wasn't as good as some make out - if he were he'd be playing in the Prem this year as numerous scouts from the Prem attend the African nations cup.

Another example of Big Nige not being able to manage big name players. If you are not young, impressionable, and easy to manage then Nige won't have it. I can't wait for some of you calling Bamba a liability to come back on here bemoaning the 'solid' (Which I guess means no pace, as mobile as a brick wall) defenders, once they begin to leak goals. The team we are building is one that will make the play-offs. Never will it win the league or finish second. A team built on lottery winning budgets, that will need to enter the luck of the draw at the end of the year.

Firstly Sol and Pantsil play for different African nations so they did not play together at the AFCON. Secondly "blinkered" thinking is actually just my opinion that he is nowhere near as good as some people make out. He has had some great games for us and looks class at times but the inconsistency is the reason he will never be a world beater.

Just wanted to make sure you weren't trolling ;)

And why are you talking about a world beater? We're talking about Leicester who are unlikely to ever be Champion's league winners let alone world beaters.

Only RB is the main defensive issue Pelts is the weakest link. In St Ledger and Morgan you have two competent defenders they may not have the potential of Sol Bamba but they do the required job that NP likes, Bamba is a more cultured CB imo. LB I hope that NP doesn't get rid of Konchesky their aren't to many better LBs at this level. But defending as a team is something that needs working on, when teams counterattack us with pace we struggle.

Another example of Big Nige not being able to manage big name players. If you are not young, impressionable, and easy to manage then Nige won't have it. I can't wait for some of you calling Bamba a liability to come back on here bemoaning the 'solid' (Which I guess means no pace, as mobile as a brick wall) defenders, once they begin to leak goals. The team we are building is one that will make the play-offs. Never will it win the league or finish second. A team built on lottery winning budgets, that will need to enter the luck of the draw at the end of the year.

I'd rather finish in the POs than outside them every year :rolleyes:

And another thing 26 is NOT old. He'll probably play in the next couple of world Cup Finals

Totally agree with that, I never said he was old, was more in response to the people acting like he is 19 and has all this potential that he will fulfill. He is a good player there is no doubting that but he is severely overrated by some people on here.

Totally agree with that, I never said he was old, was more in response to the people acting like he is 19 and has all this potential that he will fulfill. He is a good player there is no doubting that but he is severely overrated by some people on here.

and that was a reasonable response. I'd just say that he's severely under-rated by some people on here. Still If I wasn't first and foremost a Leicester fan I'd be happy for him to be going to a Champion's league outfit.

I still think you're all missing the bigger picture.

Just my opinion of course but concentrating on the centre backs (as in who is good, who isn't, who plays best with who etc) is just a small part of the problem of last season

For me, we couldn't defend as a team, starting with Beckford who thought the ball was a hot potato. The paper thin midfield was ran amok time after time and this put the back five under so much pressure that we inevitably caved in very frequently.

This is why Pelts was made to look worse than I believe he actually is, why Kasper started to look fragile and why we conceded too many goals.

Bamba, Morgan, SSL... They are all good enough at this level IMO but until we get the players in to defend well enough, starting from the front, these debates about who is the best centre back pairing will continue to rage on.

We need some midfield steel.. Then the defence will look a much better unit.. Betcha

Just my opinion of course but concentrating on the centre backs (as in who is good, who isn't, who plays best with who etc) is just a small part of the problem of last season

For me, we couldn't defend as a team, starting with Beckford who thought the ball was a hot potato. The paper thin midfield was ran amok time after time and this put the back five under so much pressure that we inevitably caved in very frequently.

This is why Pelts was made to look worse than I believe he actually is, why Kasper started to look fragile and why we conceded too many goals.

Bamba, Morgan, SSL... They are all good enough at this level IMO but until we get the players in to defend well enough, starting from the front, these debates about who is the best centre back pairing will continue to rage on.

We need some midfield steel.. Then the defence will look a much better unit.. Betcha

Agree with this.

Hardly likely unless King or Wellens leave for a defensive minded central midfielder, just getting a target man i.e Heskey will relieve pressure as he can hold up the ball etc.

Young, impressionable and hungry are attributes that I like to see from players. Nigel once said that the 'name or transfer fee doesn't command a place in the starting 11' and he's correct. I like what he is doing, and what he did before. I'd say Nobby Solano is a big name though, brought and managed by Nigel here, and at Hull City. I will never be back on here wanting Sol Bamba back, I think I can safely say that. I am willing to give Nigel the time to build a new team here, especially in defence.

I take it you're applying the 'no pace' statement to Morgan and St Ledger; two defenders that have been solid at this level for years now. Anyway, from what I've seen of De Laet, he appears to be a quick player, and remember; you don't have to be fast to be a great defender. If the team we are building makes the play offs at the end of the season, then I will be happy.

No team in this division has a right to finish anywhere in the league, especially first or second. Remember, the last manager to nearly guide us to the Premier League was Nigel Pearson. Sven had 5x the budget of what Nigel has ever had here, and he couldn't even do it. Give Nigel time, I'm really fed up of people critisizing his every move, especially before we've even played a game with his team.

Archived