Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

No pitch invasion in 10 years

I think there probaly would be one if we won promotion to the premier league at home, but i dont think coming back up from league one merited a pitch invasion.

We failed to rise to the occasion in 2003 when we returned to the Premier League. I disagree that our promotion from League One did not merit one. We are one of only a few teams to escape that division at the first attempt, just ask Leeds, Notts Forest, Charlton and Sheff Wednesday. We delude ourselves that what we sometimes achieve does not merit it. Ask any Sheff United fan if League One is easy and not to worry. We need to start finding some love for our club and change our ways.

I disagree. We are not boring, we just lack footballing fan initiative and passion in a traditional footballing sense. We frankly as supporters behave more like a "flock of sheep". We are happy to engage in anything, as long as somebody else does it first. Nobody wants to be a renegade.

Sorry, but in my opinion, 'lacking fan initiative' etc all seem to fall into the same bracket... Boring!

I disagree. We are not boring, we just lack footballing fan initiative and passion in a traditional footballing sense. We frankly as supporters behave more like a "flock of sheep". We are happy to engage in anything, as long as somebody else does it first. Nobody wants to be a renegade.

Sounds like you need to step up to the plate when we next get the chance to invade the pitch.

Show us how it's done.

What an hilarious debate.

If you dont want to go on the pitch dont, If you do, then dont just talk about it do it.

Away at Orient many years ago 13,000 odd city fans, won promotion, it just felt like the right thing to do at the end to go on the pitch. The time we beat Oxford to stay up, fantastic, after the 20-20 victory at grace road last season my son thought it was great. If you dont, then fair play, just don't, clap cheer sing from the stand, what does it matter?

If you havent watched the video that was psoted earlier on this thread make sure you do. The bloke in the wheelchair gets a clip round the head as he is wheeled back off the pitch!!!!!!!!!! top bloke

But lads dont bitch about it to each other for foxes sake, lighten up a bit !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you need to step up to the plate when we next get the chance to invade the pitch.

Show us how it's done.

Enough said. Unity is what is required in all matters off the pitch and in the stands. That disdain is why we as supporters are lagging behind others. We snear our fellow fans and mock them with a level of bile which is rather unpleasant. Sarcasm is not needed. It is just a rather cheap dig.

If people read what I've put, I'm actually all for a pitch invasion, I just was merely stating there's a slight small-timeness about it, but ultimately, I wouldn't be arsed.

It's a lack of bottle. Simple as that. There's a lack of people who actually want to pitch invade and an even smaller percentage who will do.

Enough said. Unity is what is required in all matters off the pitch and in the stands. That disdain is why we as supporters are lagging behind others. We snear our fellow fans and mock them with a level of bile which is rather unpleasant. Sarcasm is not needed. It is just a rather cheap dig.

Actually, I agree with a number of your previous comments. It was simply a tongue in cheek jibe, there was no malice meant in it.

Actually, I agree with a number of your previous comments. It was simply a tongue in cheek jibe, there was no malice meant in it.

Cheers for that. I take your point. I agree we are all waiting for each other to make the first move in this matter. Everyone will always look on L1 to lead the way and then others will follow. We shall just have to see what the new season brings...

If people read what I've put, I'm actually all for a pitch invasion, I just was merely stating there's a slight small-timeness about it, but ultimately, I wouldn't be arsed.

It's a lack of bottle. Simple as that. There's a lack of people who actually want to pitch invade and an even smaller percentage who will do.

Fair play. I agree that as a club you are right. We as fans do not feel a sense or a desire to want to invade the pitch in celebration. Perhaps it would take special circumstances for it to occur with high drama and promotion hanging by a thread to spark a sense of euphoria.

Well I'll admit I'm guilty of this at times but there actually is a MAJOR lack of unity at this club, from fans to fans to club.

Agreed. I would actually liken it to a disease in our support.

Fair play. I agree that as a club you are right. We as fans do not feel a sense or a desire to want to invade the pitch in celebration. Perhaps it would take special circumstances for it to occur with high drama and promotion hanging by a thread to spark a sense of euphoria.

I do agree but.. I don't know. Scunthorpe at home was a chance but there was less excitement because it wasn't like we'd achieved anything new on that night, we knew we'd won it.

To be fair - when we lost 1-3 to Sheffield Wednesday the year we went down, we could well have had one if we'd won that, as it would've relegated Wednesday and kept us up.

Whilst I stand by our fans are pretty boring at home, thinking about it, this ground is yet to see a season defining moment for Leicester.

I do agree but.. I don't know. Scunthorpe at home was a chance but there was less excitement because it wasn't like we'd achieved anything new on that night, we knew we'd won it.

To be fair - when we lost 1-3 to Sheffield Wednesday the year we went down, we could well have had one if we'd won that, as it would've relegated Wednesday and kept us up.

Whilst I stand by our fans are pretty boring at home, thinking about it, this ground is yet to see a season defining moment for Leicester.

It would just be a nice touch to a Premier promotion party.

There wasn't one at Stevenage yesterday thanks to the announcer more or less begging the fans not to get the club a fine. Far too polite in my eyes. I can't see it being the same if Boro beat Sheff Utd on Friday.

It could easily happen at the KP. All dependent on the first 50 or so people at the front as no matter how many stewards there are once several people are on the pitch they hav the dilemma to try and get them off or stay and try to prevent further but neither will happen as the initial few will encourage mor and more.

The thing I truly believe stops it is that the fans who will invade are, in general, at the back of the stands as they wish to stand during the game. The stairs and exits get blocked by those at the front who will get up to go and applaud as they do blocking those trying to invade and the momentum never gets going.

Archived