Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

No pitch invasion in 10 years

I doubt we will get to at our ground due to how the seating plan is and the railings at the first row of seats(plus the majority of these are covered with advertising boardings) so you wouldn't be able to go underneath them. The only way we would be able to is get around 100 or so lads on to the flooring at the front then go from there.

piece of piss after that tbh you'd need about 20-30 and then others would follow.

I doubt we will get to at our ground due to how the seating plan is and the railings at the first row of seats(plus the majority of these are covered with advertising boardings) so you wouldn't be able to go underneath them. The only way we would be able to is get around 100 or so lads on to the flooring at the front then go from there.

Sheffield Wednesday fans did it and three of the stands are raised with stairways to the pitch. Now they are proper obstacles, we frankly have no physical barriers. In fact there are no gates blocking supporters to access the running track and supporters in the West Stand can easily access the running track as they exit out of the stand in the lower rows near the dug outs. Our stadium is not the problem.

you are kidding me? right?

Fans could walk down the steps and step over advertising hoardings.

Its not rocket science.

Its easy to control at King Power, 2 or 3 stewards at the bottom of each steps means it;s pretty hard for anyone to get onto the front bit.

I also think pitch invasions aren't as great as they are made out.

Forgive me, but this is the same logistical arrangement at most grounds, minus the stupid number of stewards we employ of course. There are many who say it is not as great as it is made out to be. I can appreciate if we invaded every year the novelty would wane, but we have mustered only a handful in 25 years. Some of you must have excellent memories and been lucky enough to experience them, because to me as a fan, being on the pitch surrounding the players would be special. That's just me.

Sometimes its good to let your hair down :) , live a little....

When we invaded the pitch after beating Oxford (1-0) to stay up in the last game of the season (1990/91) , the pitch invasion seemed the right thing to do and was oh so euphoric.

Ahh I remember it well, I belatedly decided to join the fans on the pitch, mine wasn't an invasion more of a polite walk.

Let's just hope we have a choice and the opportunity next season. We have been out of the top division for 10 years and it would seem fitting either as Champions or Runners-up. Both fans of these teams interestingly did one in the Championship this year. As is the norm every year, accept with us in 2003 and 2009. I live in hope!

Agreed pitch invasion are funny and amazing and It was disappointing not to have one when we won League 1. Hope we do if we get promoted to the prem :)

WTF???/ I guess you have never been part of one? Its not like the parting of the seas!! So how are they amazing? more to the point how are they funny?

may have mentioned it before :whistle: but i did one once on my own.. last home game the season we won the cup, ran on from the kop, made it to neil lennon, hugged him as you do, asked for his shirt, so he let me pull it off him (no homo) just before stewards got me... took me to the police cells in the away end via the kop with them all cheering as i was spinning the shirt around..

WTF???/ I guess you have never been part of one? Its not like the parting of the seas!! So how are they amazing? more to the point how are they funny?

Amazing in the sense that it looks visually dramatic and a visible release of passion. It is also out of the ordinary and generally regarded as a special celebration. Granted, funny is an odd word. I think the reference may be to the general actions of individual supporters who are getting caught up in the moment.

may have mentioned it before :whistle: but i did one once on my own.. last home game the season we won the cup, ran on from the kop, made it to neil lennon, hugged him as you do, asked for his shirt, so he let me pull it off him (no homo) just before stewards got me... took me to the police cells in the away end via the kop with them all cheering as i was spinning the shirt around..

thats awesome, fair play to you. were you charged/banned/ fined with anything?

thats awesome, fair play to you. were you charged/banned/ fined with anything?

naa, they just told me shouldnt be doing it and to put the shirt away also as they was letting me out into the away end. was a while back though when they wasnt as strict.

Over-policing is the problem. At Southend a number were needlessly handed lengthy bans for going on when we got our second. Then, against Scunny at home, the stewards were willing to go to war with anyone trying to get on.

The mentality of those who run safety at the club is overly militaristic and will make any pitch invasion difficult.

To be fair - I'd just like to have something to celebrate in 12 months time rather than these sentiments of anger and underachievement that I've got at the minute.

That's just an excuse for fans with no bottle.

Stewards vs thousands of fans. Thousands of fans should come out on top every time.

I was with a mate at Dundee United's ground at an end of season play off final second leg a few years ago. Dundee United stayed up and at the end my mate joined the pitch invasion, vaulted over the advertising hoarding only to twist his knee and lie there in agony. He needed medical attention at the side of the pitch. I joined in with the crowd's chant of "You've only got one leg".

Don't get why people are obsessed with pitch invasions. Then again, if we did get promoted/to a cup final (I know), I'd join in :D Our stewards seem to be very strict, but they wouldn't win against thousands of fans.

As for my opinion on them, think there's a SLIGHT small-time element but I'd love to be in one, what do I care.

I just don't think we'll have one, our fans just aren't bothered enough.

Don't get why people are obsessed with pitch invasions. Then again, if we did get promoted/to a cup final (I know), I'd join in :D Our stewards seem to be very strict, but they wouldn't win against thousands of fans.

Kevin Barclay would come out on his own and show the pitch invaders who was boss!!!

That's just an excuse for fans with no bottle.

Stewards vs thousands of fans. Thousands of fans should come out on top every time.

How embarrassing, "no bottle" you do have a habit of making yourself look so foolish.

Archived